This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by efficient View Post
    I'm not even sure what brand it was, think it was a behr. I bought it from bma. Just to piss myself off I stuck a piece of paper in it and it stopped the fan. Once the fan was stopped I just left the paper in there and the fan wouldn't spin on its own. Garbage

I would see if there's a warranty. If not, go electric. It's super easy and is more efficient imo.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chilezen View Post
      I don't even care about the range; I'm just told Motorola is the most recommended unit. The praise for clarity and reliability is high. What do you have Ed?
      I'm not sure dude, I bought mine like 5 years ago.
      @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Damn, this place is quiet!.. is everyone prepping for Brofest?

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
        Isn't it 15min for every 2 hours worked or something?
        Originally posted by ak- View Post
        That's whats lame because occasionally I have to close the bank, which means I start my shift at 10am instead - and they start breaks at 10:30am to get lunches started at 11am. So it blows for the person I'm closing with and myself going to our first 10min break right away. Why even call it a break?
        I believe CA law is 1 10min break for every 4 hours worked. I would talk to your boss about giving you a 10 in between the 1st and 2nd lunch breaks. If they have any kind of common sense and any decency they will try to accommodate, but most likely they wont.

Your boss sucks. Try to talk some common sense into them first, otherwise you can chat with HR about it.
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          Damn, this place is quiet!.. is everyone prepping for Brofest?
          I'm mentally preparing my brain for a weekend of total suckage. I use that term loosely.

Ex GF is spending Thursday, and Friday night at my house. I have mutual friends crashing at my house Friday night as well, and we all want to hang out together.

I'll be a fountain of emotions it will be awesome.
          world renown Harry Potter expert
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
            Does anybody else work an 8 hour shift where the management sends you to your first 10min break literally in the first 30 or so minutes upon arriving to work?
            I think it's so silly. They try and get rid of breaks and lunches so fast in anticipation for a busy day.
            First break within the first hour of working and Lunch within the first 2 hours of working and then working the rest of the day with the last break thrown in there somewhere.

Is there anything that can be done about this?
            In my union, I'm required to give breaks out up to the third hour. If after 3 hours, we give lunch first. But on a good day where no one calls out sick and we are fully staffed, I can get breaks out after first hour, then lunch on third and then last break again 2 hours before shift end. Our breaks are 2 20 minute breaks if working 8 and 1 20 and 1 10 minute break if working more than 6 hours but less than 8.

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
            my feedback thread

Comment

Browsing craigslist

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432051518.869616.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	7176763

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
              DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

I believe CA law is 1 10min break for every 4 hours worked. I would talk to your boss about giving you a 10 in between the 1st and 2nd lunch breaks. If they have any kind of common sense and any decency they will try to accommodate, but most likely they wont.
                But he is getting that, there is no law as to where and when you get your 10 min break, also for everyone that is tempted to bitch they are required to give you a lunch break but they are not required to pay for it, so if you are getting a paid lunch break I would say just deal with it or find a new job

29 Model A // 55 GMC 100 // 66 C10 // 72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo // 75 CB500T Custom // 04 BMW M3 // 13 BMW 328i Sport

72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo Build Thread // INSTAGRAM
                Gewerkschaft der Polizei Sticker/Clings For Sale $8

Comment

SoCal General Chat

some fucker in a grey gtr hammered the gas right in front of me on a gravel section of repaired road tonight. so now i have like 50 chips in my brand new windshield. i really wished i had ran the guy down and broke his fucking legs
                  Last edited by Herr Faust Schinken; 05-19-2015, 10:43 PM.
                  88 325is Five Speed
                  Lachssilber

Comment

that fucker! I would be so pissed. I get so paranoid now since I actually have an uncracked windshield
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

that fucker! I would be so pissed. I get so paranoid now since I actually have an uncracked windshield

I know a guy that drives a gtr around town I'm 99% sure it wasn't him. But I do think I will ask if he knows anyone with that car and maybe track him down. Too bad the guy didn't have a vanity plate like most gtr guys do that would have made it way Easier

88 325is Five Speed
                      Lachssilber

Comment

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
                        my feedback thread

Comment

that was extremely uneventful...

in other news, I realized that I shouldnt drink coffee at 7pm... Fell asleep at midnight, but now Im wide awake at 4am...
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

Day 3 of swap completion and, exhaust shop can't get their shift together.

@IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by ethrtyiS View Post

I should buy a dash cam

88 325is Five Speed
                              Lachssilber

Comment

That was impressive that he didn't loose complete control when that tire went

29 Model A // 55 GMC 100 // 66 C10 // 72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo // 75 CB500T Custom // 04 BMW M3 // 13 BMW 328i Sport

72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo Build Thread // INSTAGRAM
                                Gewerkschaft der Polizei Sticker/Clings For Sale $8

Comment

Working...
                                X