Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the feedback guys, TBH I figured it was a bit overpriced but as AK said I'm well over 8k in the engine alone which is particularly my fault with not know much about e30 when the swap first got done. Will proably just keep the car and enjoy it as I have been over the past few years.

Comment

Sup.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

havent been here in a while. sup.

1991 325i
        flickr
        @sambhaskins

Comment

If I post up pics of my car and details will you guys give me a quote

Comment

Originally posted by sam_ View Post
            Post nudes or GTFO!
            @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by 25thh0ur View Post
              Hey guys can I get a price check on this? Haven't got a single DM on it through here or CL. Only selling it to get the 323 wagon that's listed on here. Thank you

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=389777
              you two should trade cars. Its sort-of what you each are looking for, but everyone still sort-of wins. and isnt that what life is sort-of about?
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Guys I need some feedback. My bro is looking at buying an ix and came upon this in colorado. The owner is an older gent who's not too computer savvy, and both my brother and I aren't entirely sure he knows all of what he has. That said, this is the info my brother got out of him today (message copied from my brother):

"So the iX is in good shape. The engine bay is spick and span, 169,000 miles. New paint job, hella smiley lights, new bumpers (replacing the chrome), lip spoiler, euro grille, Alpina and BBS wheels, Dinan twin turbo is 👌🏿 but the interior is a little rough. Not ratty, but definitely not clean. It's all original tan leather with Alpina steering wheel, pedals, gas tank and some other shit. I'm gonna call tomorrow to ask what work Dinan did back in 1990. The guy at the shop said he'd seen the original receipt, and Dinan did $11,000 worth of work back in 1990 on the car. The guy is asking $13,000 but I'm not convinced it's worth $13,000. Any thoughts?"

What are your guys thoughts on this? Is it worth more/less than the asking? I really have no knowledge of value when it comes to these kind of rare builds. Also I'm pretty sure thats not really a twin turbo (I think thats the owner not knowing what he has) but quite sure its a dinan installed turbo setup with who knows what else. Also don't have any pictures yet.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
                '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
                Shadetree30

Comment

pics would be great
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

Even if Dinan did install a turbo kit on the car it would be pretty barbaric and crude for today's standards. They still used a draw-thru setup with the AFM and a flash. Something you can do for less than $2k in parts if you really wanted cool sounds coming out the car and a little more power (an s52, possibly m52 would still be faster).

What I would be interested in is the internal motor work they did to back up his asking price, because as of now a buyer is just going to be paying for the Dinan badge unfortunately.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

The exclusivity is all part of the Dinan mystique that makes people want it. The turbo stuff they used was pretty typical for low-moderate boost levels. It may be one of a couple Dinan turbo iX's out there and if your bro is set on an iX then it could be a chance to own something unique. Is that worth 13K? possibly. Depends on the condition of the car.
                      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                        you two should trade cars. Its sort-of what you each are looking for, but everyone still sort-of wins. and isnt that what life is sort-of about?
                        I'd sort of say so ;)

1991 325i
                        flickr
                        @sambhaskins

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
                          Post nudes or GTFO!
                          I'm not sure you're ready for my nudes Ed;D

1991 325i
                          flickr
                          @sambhaskins

Comment

An Aston Martin in 2005 new was $200k. My boss is looking to buy one now for $40k.

The point is, the $13k turbo E30 has depreciated like every other (non classic) car out there.

Currently building a badass coffee table
                            Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

I'd sort of say so ;)
                              you should sort of try. the 84 is lighter than most so with the M20B25 motor it should still be fun. the M20 really has potential.

so I sent my cluster out today, looks like my car will be parked until I get it back. I told Greg (from BavRest) that I need it back before the 30th. Shouldnt be a problem, but I always get nervous when others have deadlines and its not in my control
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                                you should sort of try. the 84 is lighter than most so with the M20B25 motor it should still be fun. the M20 really has potential.
                                This guy gets it :early:

Comment

Working...
                                X