Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sup ! A friend of mine bought a 99 m3 down where i live at in Elsinore. He decided to leave his 2005 m3 with me to drive untill i get bored with it. I was like nice! :devil:
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Originally posted by QUKBMER View Post
      Sup ! A friend of mine bought a 99 m3 down where i live at in Elsinore. He decided to leave his 2005 m3 with me to drive untill i get bored with it. I was like nice! :devil:

That's a true homie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
        That's a true homie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I know he is a very very good friend. I have know him for about 8 years now. He has like 7 e46 m3's anyways lol.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Anyone have any input about snow foam? Is the setup cost worth how effectively it lifts dirt??
          Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
            I believe those are 10mm plastic type nuts.
            Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
            Oh oh oh, they are open end with an attached washer on it.
            Originally posted by glnr13 View Post
            for the m10 motors there is an ignition control unit that goes there and this is the part number for the screw: 12141271678

the realoem image doesn't match the real part though i don't think. Mine had washers on the screws that you could not remove.

the screw on the other end on my car was plastic.
            Thanks both of you! Still working on the S54... hoping to turn the engine over soon, then custom trans carrier, shift linkage and shorten the driveshaft. Currently pulling the carpet as I have 1 hole, then I can also modify the DBW pedal setup to better suit the car and install my brake bias lever too.

Installed the Fabspeed ceramic coated headers last weekend and I am extremely disappointed, will probably send back as the O2 bungs are incorrectly positioned, that and they did not install V-band mounts as requested before ceramic coating.

Comment

Anyone know if jb weld can withstand coolant?

Comment

Originally posted by efficient View Post
                Once it's cured i think it can, I think i put some on the plastic part of my radiator. It's been holding for about 1 year, I actually forgot about it until now.

Comment

Originally posted by efficient View Post
                  Yeah. Drain the rad first and make sure it's dry / brake clean it.
                  Long time ago I drilled into my radiator (LOL) when installing my skidplate and JB weld held up great I upgraded the rad to a bigger one.
                  It was a rather big slice of a hole as well on the fin.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

I've used JB weld on plastic parts on the radiator before too. Same as what everyone is saying, dry as a bone and let that shit cure.

Although I've never used it on the fin area.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
                      Yeah. Drain the rad first and make sure it's dry / brake clean it.
                      Long time ago I drilled into my radiator (LOL) when installing my skidplate and JB weld held up great I upgraded the rad to a bigger one.
                      It was a rather big slice of a hole as well on the fin.

reminds me of the time I tried to duct tape a coolant hose that was leaking
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Fuckin JB Weld is a lifesaver! I was many miles from home at night with a buddy when my oil cooler was punctured. I had to nurse the car to a parking lot (by turning the engine off and on to avoid oil loss), walked to a Target for a few supplies...and walked a couple miles to an auto parts store for more. I got a quick-set JB Weld, and when we got back to the car, I noticed I forget to buy brake clean...so we go back to Target to buy rubbing alcohol and compressed air/electronics duster and paper towels. I use that combo to clean the puncture, then apply the JB... and wait. This is before Uber & I didn't know anyone in the area to call for help, so to pass the time my buddy and I walk allll the way back to the auto parts store because there are movie theaters next door. That passed almost 3 hours into the middle of the night. Back to the car, the weld has set, oil doesn't spray out any more, so I drive the 50~or so miles home.

That, plus all the other shenanigans, was a great night.

Currently building a badass coffee table
                        Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

reminds me of the time I tried to duct tape a coolant hose that was leaking
                          lmao. I uninstalled, then reinstalled my BOV incorrectly once and it took one pull on the freeway to shoot it off into traffic. I tried duct taping as well to get home Lolll

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

I was thinking of doing my heater valve with jb weld. Let's see how that goes

Comment

you guys need gorilla tape.

I've gorilla taped exploded coolant hoses with much success. One time I exploded a hose, gorilla taped the shit out of it, and left it that way for a week because I had forgotten. No issues.

Gorilla tape. It's mega good.
                              world renown Harry Potter expert
                              sigpic

Comment

I second that ^^^^^^. :up:

Comment

Working...
                                X