X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SoCal General Chat

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    I cant really tell from the pic you gave me last week, but can at least the rear pads be removed without taking the entire suspension apart?

You should be able to, you just have to take the sway bar link and the lower control arm/ shock bolt, then you can pull the control arm down and sneak the spring out.
    Last edited by MrBurgundy; 12-27-2016, 05:03 PM.
    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

SoCal General Chat

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
      You should be able to, you just have to take the sway bar link and the lower control arm/ shock bolt, then you can pull the wishbone down and sneak the spring out.

Here's the other thing. I got this pic from the guy selling the h&r sports. It's also on 18s (according to him) but there's still a gap... I would be pissed to do all that and still have a gap. I have 18s on mine.

I think I'll start by removing the pad and seeing where it's at, then deciding if I want to go lower. If I like it then I have to figure out what to do up front

Edit: here's a crappy pic I took a while ago. It doesn't look like the lowered one is much lower at all

someone please talk some sense into me...
      Last edited by 2mAn; 12-27-2016, 06:45 PM.
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Anyone know why a alternator would read 11.8 when running? I got the battery tested and alternator replaced at auto zone because the alternator supposedly was no good.
        Ugh my girl also wants me to get rid of my e30 and the e30 not starting and turning off doesn't help.

Comment

Originally posted by efficient View Post
          Anyone know why a alternator would read 11.8 when running? I got the battery tested and alternator replaced at auto zone because the alternator supposedly was no good.
          Ugh my girl also wants me to get rid of my e30 and the e30 not starting and turning off doesn't help.
          Could be a faulty voltage regulator, but I wouldn't know how to check that.

F that, you keep your car because you want to. Don't let anyone tell you to rid the things you like.

Currently building a badass coffee table
          Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

idk hows that power wire going to the starter?
            New rebuilt starter from autozone is 11.8 i'd be stumped too.
            take it back and get another one.

Comment

Originally posted by Chilezen View Post
              Could be a faulty voltage regulator, but I wouldn't know how to check that.

F that, you keep your car because you want to. Don't let anyone tell you to rid the things you like.
              I'm kind of screwed, I live in Pasadena and I can't leave my car on the street from 2am to 6am, unless i pay 3 dollars a night, it adds up if i leave it out every month . My driveway is filled with cars of my family members. I'm going to look into getting a baby friendly car tomorrow for my daughter.
              Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
              idk hows that power wire going to the starter?
              New rebuilt starter from autozone is 11.8 i'd be stumped too.
              take it back and get another one.
              I took one back already and the guy gave me a hard time trying not to give me another one. I actually put my volt meter when it was off and voltage read 12 something, when I have my lights on it reads 11.8. I still think it's supposed to be over 13v when running. Power wire is nice and tight and it's a newer cable.
              Can I get a refund for a part they exchanged for me? Maybe I'll look into a Bosch unit.

Comment

Yea my volt meter shows 14-14.2 when running. That 11.8 is BS
                '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
                Shadetree30

Comment

Check the exciter wire for the alt. Mine was just loose enough to not make a connection and made me think the alt was bad so i replaced it only to find out the wire wasn't connected all the way. It was only reading 11.8 and slowly falling.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                  1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                  Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                  Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                  Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Gotta love craigslist. Found buried in someones ad for their super eta that they had a set of uninstalled eibach coilover springs, with adjusters that they would sell for $200. I hit them up and they want $400...
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

Gotta love craigslist. Found buried in someones ad for their super eta that they had a set of uninstalled eibach coilover springs, with adjusters that they would sell for $200. I hit them up and they want $400...
                      Lol. I asked a guy parting his car that I would buy his windshield for his advertised $60. Agreed on it, then asked him to double check for me if it has the OEM BMW logo on it. He did, then said because it's OEM he has to raise the price to $120. Straight up scum.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
                        Lol. I asked a guy parting his car that I would buy his windshield for his advertised $60. Agreed on it, then asked him to double check for me if it has the OEM BMW logo on it. He did, then said because it's OEM he has to raise the price to $120. Straight up scum.
                        Lol dude you were talking to me.

Someone bought it for $120 as well.
                        world renown Harry Potter expert
                        sigpic

Comment

Yup, people are idiots. but oh well.

I figured for that price I should contact GC and get it directly from the source, but then I thought I might as well get them to build my front struts since i plan on getting Koni Struts soon too... Its a damn slippery slope, but I dont have to go the full monty with them since I basically have their setup in the rear minus the springs and adjusters. Probably still a grand tho...

edit: Just got off the phone with them ~$1200, but GD my setup will be so amazing at that point. I might just say fig it and do it. Theres only one other big ticket item I want and its RHD ITBs, but I wont really need them for a few years anyways.
                          Last edited by 2mAn; 12-28-2016, 05:38 PM.
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
                            Lol dude you were talking to me.

Someone bought it for $120 as well.
                            lol yeah, Phuck that guy. Yeah sometimes educating the seller works against you. Seriously though, why not honor the price?
                            "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                            88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                            89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                            91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                              lol yeah, Phuck that guy. Yeah sometimes educating the seller works against you. Seriously though, why not honor the price?
                              Barry it was a joke.

Wanna know how you can tell it's a joke? I would never in my long life of free will choose to buy or in any way associate with an eta.

Like, ever.
                              That's literally the punchline.
                              world renown Harry Potter expert
                              sigpic

Comment

I figured for that price I should contact GC and get it directly from the source, but then I thought I might as well get them to build my front struts since i plan on getting Koni Struts soon too... Its a damn slippery slope, but I dont have to go the full monty with them since I basically have their setup in the rear minus the springs and adjusters. Probably still a grand tho...

edit: Just got off the phone with them ~$1200, but GD my setup will be so amazing at that point. I might just say fig it and do it. Theres only one other big ticket item I want and its RHD ITBs, but I wont really need them for a few years anyways.
                                Are you planning to shorten the front housings? Either way I can cut & weld them for you after work, on my own time. I'm happy with their kit, once I get an alignment it'll be great
                                Last edited by Chilezen; 12-29-2016, 12:33 AM.

Currently building a badass coffee table
                                Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Working...
                                X