This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maybe the top nut is loose?
    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

we should decide on a spot and date for that BBQ! The weather out here has been great!

Plus, I figured out that problem with my car, so I want to drive the shit out of it:devil:
      Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
        what do you mean by that?
        Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
        maybe the top nut is loose?
        I popped the hood when i started hearing the clunking so i checked the top of it. I pushed down on the car and then pulled up a little and the shock moves. Did the same on the driver side and the shock DOESNT move.
        Originally posted by dvck
        I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

Sometimes the collar nut on the strut sleeve gets loose and clunks from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

could anyone help me diagnose my no start? currently staying @ my moms and have no tools or anything.

car cranks and cranks but does not turn over. smell of fuel from inside the cabin when cranking. no noise coming from the fuel pump when in position 2 or when cranking.

1991 325i
            flickr
            @sambhaskins

Comment

it's going to be hard to diagnosis this with no tools.

Pump works off the cps. so you wont hear it in 2nd position.

Make sure you're getting fuel and spark at the engine.

if you're missing both, its most likely the cps.

if you're missing fuel, it could be the pump itself or the relay.

Comment

Originally posted by sam_ View Post
                could anyone help me diagnose my no start? currently staying @ my moms and have no tools or anything.

car cranks and cranks but does not turn over. smell of fuel from inside the cabin when cranking. no noise coming from the fuel pump when in position 2 or when cranking.
                My sons 88 was doing the same thing and I had him replace his fuel pump relay and it started right up. Take a look at that and the fuse as well, those are 2 very common issues with e30's. I always carry 2 spares just in case
                I am not sick, I am twisted. Sick makes it sound like there is a cure.

1991 318is Diamantschwarz Metallic
                1989 325i Alpine White

Comment

thanks for the tips guys - would the relay appear burnt/blown like a fuse would? please excuse the dumb question(s), haha.

1991 325i
                  flickr
                  @sambhaskins

Comment

No. Just keep a finger on it while someone cranks it. You should feel a click.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                      No. Just keep a finger on it while someone cranks it. You should feel a click.

Sweet, thanks dude I appreciate it.

1991 325i
                      flickr
                      @sambhaskins

Comment

Np meng.

I'm chilling at home so I'll try and get back to you asap if you have any more questions

Comment

thanks for the tips guys - would the relay appear burnt/blown like a fuse would? please excuse the dumb question(s), haha.
                          You can also replace it with another similar relay and see if it works.
                          I am not sick, I am twisted. Sick makes it sound like there is a cure.

1991 318is Diamantschwarz Metallic
                          1989 325i Alpine White

Comment

Just gave it a shot, didn't feel any type of click when the car was starting. Only felt anything resembling a click when the key was put back into position one. However, it didn't necessarily feel like it was coming from the fuel pump relay as it felt pretty weak.

1991 325i
                            flickr
                            @sambhaskins

Comment

Originally posted by e30crazie View Post
                              You can also replace it with another similar relay and see if it works.
                              Would one of the adjacent relays work? Thanks so much for everyones help btw.

1991 325i
                              flickr
                              @sambhaskins

Comment

Would one of the adjacent relays work? Thanks so much for everyones help btw.
                                jk those are important disregard that lol

1991 325i
                                flickr
                                @sambhaskins

Comment

Working...
                                X