This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheRob View Post
    Ahh, yeah, the BAR has been hard up on smog techs these days. They're really good at making most guys scared of letting something slip. When I was working as a smog tech, I ran a car on the dyno in third gear instead of second and I got dinged for it. If you take to long, they become curious as to what you're doing, if you're too fast they become even more suspicious. We aren't even allowed to tell a customer they're going to fail because the check engine light's on, just have to run it and fail it. It still amazes me how some people can get away with "passing" cars these days. Glad I don't have to do that anymore.
    BAR stands there watching you do that? I don't think they will have enough techs to see it unless it is logged online for the length of the procedure.
    IG: Dhithim
    2015 Subaru BRZ 380whp
    My '87 Project
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=382462

Comment

Originally posted by dhithim View Post
      BAR stands there watching you do that? I don't think they will have enough techs to see it unless it is logged online for the length of the procedure.
      All smog techs have a EO/EI number. Every time you log into to do a smog the whole procedure is transmitted to the BAR. They have all the averages from all the smog techs across California that you get compared against to determine all this stuff. That's how they figure out which shops to look into, so if your shop has cars that pass all the time, that have a high failure rate at most other shops, they know something is up. They are small branch of the states government so it can take some time to get things handled.

Comment

There's a guy I deal with that passes a car without ever seeing it.

Send him the vin and $ and its done instantly... How he gets away with it is beyond me
        Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

anyone know of a place that is going to have memorial day sale on megasquirt?

Comment

Originally posted by JGee View Post
            Thanks again! Great place, fast service, 1 day turn around.
            $25 / injector $20 shipping/insurance

My pleasure dude and those numbers look good on the right.
            @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Don't forget tomorrow night.
              Attached Files
              @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

nice m3

Comment

just used this groupon to align my e30 and was pretty happy with the results - just a heads up - ymmv
                  Build Threads:
                  Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Did you have anything besides the toe corrected?

Currently building a badass coffee table
                    Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Originally posted by Julien View Post
                      https://www.groupon.com/deals/advanc...ete-auto-works
                      just used this groupon to align my e30 and was pretty happy with the results - just a heads up - ymmv
                      The picture looks like a really well made model.
                      Attached Files

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
                        The picture looks like a really well made model.
                        Cute Citroen Xsara Picasso on the lift too
                        Build Threads:
                        Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Originally posted by Chilezen View Post
                          Did you have anything besides the toe corrected?
                          Nope.. not sure they would honor the price if you have an adjustable rear subframe. I'm hoping they would since it's a 4 wheel deal.
                          Build Threads:

Comment

Originally posted by Julien View Post
                            Nope.. not sure they would honor the price if you have an adjustable rear subframe. I'm hoping they would since it's a 4 wheel deal.
                            Even if they do I'm willing to bet they wouldn't know how lol. It takes effort and know-how where to apply force.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

...which is why I took it to JMP to have it done right :D

Currently building a badass coffee table
                              Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                                There's a guy I deal with that passes a car without ever seeing it.

Send him the vin and $ and its done instantly... How he gets away with it is beyond me
                                I heard of a guy that does the same. Maybe it's the same guy

But yeah smogging sucks. I'm seriously thinking of getting a 1975 or earlier car so I don't have to worry about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X