Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice. I just ordered a renown wheel and tomorrow I'm going to pick up some odds and ends for the interior. It's nice to finally have money to spend on my e30. I just got a permanent job at ups =)

Comment

Preyers go out the families that fell victims to all the fires going on. Shit sucks man.
      Originally posted by dvck
      I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

i think this is a noob question but bear with me i am a noob.

i had my car towed (bad alternator) by AAA and as were riding in the tow the driver hits a bump hard. like super hard, didn't bother to slow down. he looks at me and says "didn't expect that to be bad". to be fair i didn't either. had a bad feeling after..

we get to my place and low and behold the car is leaking oil like a faucet. what's the next move here? at the least an oil pan replacement or new drain plug (haven't gotten under yet) but is my engine fine? the car was never running with the oil leaking since it happened when the car was on the truck.

Comment

Thats not a drain plug that needs to be replaced. Thats the oil pan. The drain plug is located towards the rear of the car which in your situation it seems like that part would be higher up in the air than the front of the oil pan.

Comment

i see. but is there any possibility that the plug was knocked out from the bump? from what i remember it looked like it was leaking from there the plug would be.

Comment

Short answer is you need to take a look under your car.

Check the oil pan for cracks.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by rohs View Post
                i see. but is there any possibility that the plug was knocked out from the bump? from what i remember it looked like it was leaking from there the plug would be.
                I PMed you.
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

I remember owning an e30 for 10 mins....
                  @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

cracked oil pan it is! :l made a dent in my wallet last year replacing one. anyone in here replaced one themselves?

Comment

Originally posted by rohs View Post
                      cracked oil pan it is! :l made a dent in my wallet last year replacing one. anyone in here replaced one themselves?
                      Look up dwhparts on Instagram. He has oil pans available.
                      Follow me on instagram @arda.e30

Comment

If this happened to me I'd throw a fit. Is there anyway to make them pay for the damages they caused? You shouldn't have to pay to fix something that broke while they were towing your car for you.

Comment

While the car is attached to the tow truck, anything that happens is their responsibility.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

i thought the same thing and have thought about seeing if i could get money out of AAA but other than my own word i'm not sure what proof i could give if they asked. i didn't think to take any pictures before getting in the truck.

might try to give my insurance a call tomorrow.
                            Last edited by rohs; 12-11-2017, 12:39 AM.

Comment

Sup

Comment

Finals week. I think I have two A's in the bag, with one more expected to come. Yay!

Also been doing a lot of car maintenance because my smog cert is due. Spark plugs, cap & rotor, air filter, repaired two vacuum leaks (yay smoke machines), emptied my catch can... and soon will replace the fuel filter, and do an oil change. I currently have a fuel cleaner (BG 44K) in the tank, cleaning out the injectors. Do I need to be doing all of this? Nah, but my car's been feeling underpowered lately and I'm covering the basics to bring it back up. Feels better already!

Additionally, I've taken apart my passenger seat to diag the stuck recliner. Dude, the cable is broken, the gear levers are gunked up, and all the shocks are out of gas. Damn! I can replace a cable and clean out the gunk, but the shocks are crazy expensive, might as well put that money towards a new seat.

Currently building a badass coffee table
                                Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Working...
                                X