Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are some suggestions for motor mounts? Should I go with stock or get some poly ones? I'm trying to make the car more track-oriented but I drive it on the street often too.

Comment

I'm using Red Poly from Garagistic. The only slight vibes I get is from throttle blip to start in first gear. Other than that, if you already have somewhat of a stiff suspension it isn't noticeable much IMO or in my car at least.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Anyone have an M20 motor mount headshield I can come pick up?

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
          I'm using Red Poly from Garagistic. The only slight vibes I get is from throttle blip to start in first gear. Other than that, if you already have somewhat of a stiff suspension it isn't noticeable much IMO or in my car at least.
          Those were the ones I was looking at, actually. My suspensions already pretty stiff so I feel a lot of vibration anyways. Guess I'm gonna go with those.

Comment

Cool. 80a is what I'm using btw.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by sileighty View Post
              Well my trans & clutch replacement was a success. :up: Started putting everything back together last week on Monday. I had a rallycross this past weekend so I had to hustle all last week, it was brutal. I would go to work, go work out, then go work on my car and go to sleep late everyday. I was sooo tired. Thursday night was especially brutal, it was the day to physically lift the trans into the car. No transmission jack + car not lifted high enough to lay on my back and put the trans on my chest was BRUTAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Took me many hours. Ended up using my floor jack and scissor jack to slowly lift the trans into place. Then actually getting the input shaft to line up with the clutch was extremely frustrating (yes I used the alignment tool but that plastic has a lot of play... next time in the future I will cut a real input shaft off a junk trans). It was 3 in the morning and I was ready to give up and sell my car and all my parts for $1000. I don't like to quit but I honestly gave my best effort and I was exhausted from hustling all week and not getting any sleep. I was really convincing myself that it was ok to just stop what I was doing and get rid of everything, and then the input shaft finally slid into the clutch. At that point I started all the bellhousing bolts, went to sleep at 4:15AM and woke up in a couple hours to go to work. After work on Friday I finished putting together the rest of the car in the evening, test drove it for 15 minutes, everything seemed good, packed my tools/tires/etc into my car and went rallycrossing Saturday and Sunday. Transmission didn't explode and I didn't have any problems during the weekend so all was good :up: :up:.

Now I can sleep
              Dude. Major props. I know exactly what that feels like... done it many times whilst building my e30, and now rushing to finish my e36. Its fucking exhausting. Ive contemplated burning the cars and pushing them off a cliff many times, or simply parting out for 50% my investment.... but damn. Idk about you but when you push through that last bolt, it all holds together, and you finish a successful race weekend, theres no better feeling. Good on you. Now make it out to the next canyon drive. Im going sunday morning, pm me

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
              '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
              Shadetree30

Comment

New whip - wheee

anyone know a good place to get a top replaced in LA? I'm debating rear window vs complete top.
                Build Threads:
                Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Love those plates!

Spent many hours at sherpaking's pad yesterday.
                  New to me 260 from an e32, new driveshaft, new shifter setup.
                  Installed few things backwards and had to remove and replace but it all worked out in the end. Car feels really good.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by glnr13 View Post
                    Love those plates!

Spent many hours at sherpaking's pad yesterday.
                    New to me 260 from an e32, new driveshaft, new shifter setup.
                    Installed few things backwards and had to remove and replace but it all worked out in the end. Car feels really good.

Does this mean the car is driveable again?
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                      Does this mean the car is driveable again?
                      Yessir
                      sigpic

Comment

I'll see you lads next sunday?
                        @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

I'm in
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm planning on making it. Car runs decently now but I was told (and seems to me) that it's down on power lower in the rev range (2-3k rpm) and I think my fuel pump might go out on me. Should be fine for the cruise though

Comment

Hey I'm an E30 noob, and bought my first. A 1990 325is that was converted to a 5 speed. I have been slowly doing the maintenance. My question is how easy is it to to the valve adjustment? Would you guys recommend a certain shop it just DYI? I live in Ventura county so a little isolated from the e30 hub...I called jmp Autowerks and they quoted $150 out the door... Is that a good price?

Comment

150 is a fair price for you and the shop.

Depending on how mechanically inclined you car, it can be relatively easy. You do need a special tool which inserts in the eccentric to apply the correct amount of tension against the feeler.
                                Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Working...
                                X