Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We should do a mini meet at a Dodgers game. Arrive before the game, park together, hang out, go watch the boys in blue.

Currently building a badass coffee table
    Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Hey can someone do me a favor, can somebody measure the distance from the floor of the e30 to the bottom of this trim piece?

29 Model A // 55 GMC 100 // 66 C10 // 72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo // 75 CB500T Custom // 04 BMW M3 // 13 BMW 328i Sport

72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo Build Thread // INSTAGRAM
      Gewerkschaft der Polizei Sticker/Clings For Sale $8

Comment

I got 20½" sans floor mat. The floor's uneven, so take that into consideration.

Currently building a badass coffee table
        Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Originally posted by Chilezen View Post
          I got 20½" sans floor mat. The floor's uneven, so take that into consideration.

Thats perfect thank you for that

29 Model A // 55 GMC 100 // 66 C10 // 72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo // 75 CB500T Custom // 04 BMW M3 // 13 BMW 328i Sport

Comment

Been trying to sell my shop mig welder, idk if anyone on here would be interested in it but its a badass machine, 220v though.

Here is the link if anyone’s interested.

Comment

Well my trans & clutch replacement was a success. :up: Started putting everything back together last week on Monday. I had a rallycross this past weekend so I had to hustle all last week, it was brutal. I would go to work, go work out, then go work on my car and go to sleep late everyday. I was sooo tired. Thursday night was especially brutal, it was the day to physically lift the trans into the car. No transmission jack + car not lifted high enough to lay on my back and put the trans on my chest was BRUTAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Took me many hours. Ended up using my floor jack and scissor jack to slowly lift the trans into place. Then actually getting the input shaft to line up with the clutch was extremely frustrating (yes I used the alignment tool but that plastic has a lot of play... next time in the future I will cut a real input shaft off a junk trans). It was 3 in the morning and I was ready to give up and sell my car and all my parts for $1000. I don't like to quit but I honestly gave my best effort and I was exhausted from hustling all week and not getting any sleep. I was really convincing myself that it was ok to just stop what I was doing and get rid of everything, and then the input shaft finally slid into the clutch. At that point I started all the bellhousing bolts, went to sleep at 4:15AM and woke up in a couple hours to go to work. After work on Friday I finished putting together the rest of the car in the evening, test drove it for 15 minutes, everything seemed good, packed my tools/tires/etc into my car and went rallycrossing Saturday and Sunday. Transmission didn't explode and I didn't have any problems during the weekend so all was good :up: :up:.

Now I can sleep

Comment

What is up friends. Sad news - was just backed into in a parking lot and my front grill is poop. Does anyone have a complete set I can purchase as soon as today? I’m in Whittier so south LA/OC - thanks in advance to my hero!

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                  Apparently the side work has kept him SUPER busy... The S52 vert is basically all swapped into a cirrusblau sedan here and he has a bunch of other stuff keeping him busy. He lurks, maybe he will post lol

Props to Ian for working on my car this past weekend. He did some drive shaft work and swapped in new shifter hardware for me.

Dropped the car off on Saturday morning, it was ready for pick up that evening. I know of no other mechanic or work shop who has that fast of turn around, especially on the weekend.

So nice to be able to use 2nd gear again. The giubo and CSB were pretty worn, felt like the drive shaft was going to shoot through the floor any minute if I accelerated.

Comment

Glad the referral worked out... someone else was looking for a bumper and I told them to hit you up, did that get sold? If not I might be able to head up on this coming weekend
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by earthwormjim View Post
                      The giubo and CSB were pretty worn
                      Correct spelling noted.

Originally posted by kronus
                      would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Wow you made me realize that I've spelt it (and read it) wrong all this time. And if I understand the pronounciation on Wikipedia right, it's pronounced like "Jew bow" (like Jewish Crossbow).

Comment

Originally posted by sileighty View Post
                          Wow you made me realize that I've spelt it (and read it) wrong all this time. And if I understand the pronounciation on Wikipedia right, it's pronounced like "Jew bow" (like Jewish Crossbow).

I've been laughed at, or questioned when I pronounce it correctly, so I just say it phonetically. No point arguing over something so minor.

For some reason, my browser always tries to correct it to the incorrect spelling.

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                          Glad the referral worked out... someone else was looking for a bumper and I told them to hit you up, did that get sold? If not I might be able to head up on this coming weekend
                          Has not been sold, I did get a PM from your referal though, just haven't heard back again yet.

Comment

Originally posted by earthwormjim View Post
                            Has not been sold, I did get a PM from your referal though, just haven't heard back again yet.
                            He didnt seem like it was exactly what he wanted, so I will wait and if you havent heard from him through this weekend I will likely come up on Sunday.
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by AlonzoS View Post
                              What is up friends. Sad news - was just backed into in a parking lot and my front grill is poop. Does anyone have a complete set I can purchase as soon as today? I’m in Whittier so south LA/OC - thanks in advance to my hero!

I have a decent set of Euro grills not sure about the kidney. Hit me via p.m. Located in Tustin

Comment

Anyone have a spare cluster they're looking to sell/get rid of/ maybe trade for beer?

Comment

Working...
                                X