X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Avus E30 View Post
    So 4 day road trip?
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Anyone ever heard of wheel bolts with a smaller head? Reason I ask is because I am having my e38 style 5s filled and drilled at a place called Motorsports Technology in San Bernardino and they told my buddy (he dropped them off for me) that I would need to run a bolt with a smaller head. I have been checking out a few vendors and I havent really found any.

Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by mammoth_e30 View Post
        meh.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
        i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
        Originally posted by slammin.e28
        Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Originally posted by e30trooper View Post
          87 vs 91 prices dont make a diffrence dude, on a fill up you only save a whooping 2-3 bux
          still that adds up when i fill the tank every 3 days.
          Originally posted by mr.dvck View Post
          91 octane v 89 or 87 octane wont do shit to your wallet,

its $1.50 - $3.00 difference depending on how cheap you want to be about it.
          if you really want to watch your mpg, just don't rev as high, keep on the low end of the powerband, easy throttle toes, and coast.

otherwise buy an m42.

*edit, f<3ck you ben and being on this like a hobo on a ham sandwich.
          its sooo hard to do that in an e30.
          and im very tempted to trade for an m42

Originally posted by cyberkaa View Post
          mpg lol. 4.10 diff and mashing every gear ftw! :D

If your battery is dead but the car runs fine, that means the alternator is probably ok. One possibility is that the battery terminals are corroded so it's not being recharged. Clean them up and put the cables back on tight.

Besides that, you might have something draining the battery. E.g. my trunk light was doing it because the trunk was misaligned and not pushing the button all the way down. Easiest way to find a drain is to get an ammeter (or use the Amps measurement function on a multimeter) and start pulling fuses until the current draw drops to the 10s of mA range.
          hmm, im going to have to bust out my multimeter then. could it be the ground to the battery terminal thats bad? i wonder if when i get my alarm system installed if they will find the bad ground for me. care to help me find the culprit? ;)
          Originally posted by mr.dvck View Post
          request for nudes is withdrawn.

sweet dude! have a safe drive over! see you when you arive at the next meet. let me know, i might be able to help with moving. (lets try and get a gang of e30's helping)

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
          my feedback thread

Comment

hater lol. thanks for the links and nice work on the swap!

^this. 4.10 ftw. averge 19-20 mpg but norally thats to a job site and I can expense that shit. just another benny of working from a home office.

looking good
            I'm going to use up all your gas then. :rofl:

Originally posted by ÜberslowETA View Post
            Anyone ever heard of wheel bolts with a smaller head? Reason I ask is because I am having my e38 style 5s filled and drilled at a place called Motorsports Technology in San Bernardino and they told my buddy (he dropped them off for me) that I would need to run a bolt with a smaller head. I have been checking out a few vendors and I havent really found any.

Thoughts?
            Ezaccessory.com

But I would suggest that you just go with a stud conversion. Cost a little more then just getting the longer tuner bolts. I get my stud kits from eurostop. Best bang for the buck.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
            My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

[IMGhttp://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c386/relayer85/IMAG0198.jpg[/IMG]
              Nice. Drive safe! :D

hater lol. thanks for the links and nice work on the swap!

^this. 4.10 ftw. averge 19-20 mpg but norally thats to a job site and I can expense that shit. just another benny of working from a home office.
              Hahaha
              No prob and thanks!

I'm still getting 21-22mpg in mixed driving and 25mpg doing 75 on the freeway.

Originally posted by ethrtyiS View Post
              hmm, im going to have to bust out my multimeter then. could it be the ground to the battery terminal thats bad? i wonder if when i get my alarm system installed if they will find the bad ground for me. care to help me find the culprit? ;)
              Could be either power or ground cable, but still need to look for drains. Are your accessories, lights, everything getting enough juice with the engine off and the key in position 2? I'd help you out if I was closer, haha.
              -Kalim

British Racing Green, IE Springs/Bilsteins, IE exhaust, IE SSK,
              Momo shift knob, Miller MAF conversion, K&N intake,
              Blackworks Aluminum Radiator, 5MT swapped,
              Ellipsoids w/DDM HIDs, OEM Recaro Sports, Momo Mod07 Wheel,
              Drilled+Slotted Rotors, Alpine HU/Amp/speakers, 12" enclosed sub

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberslowETA View Post

Thoughts?
                No you don't.
                They think that a socket will not fit because it will start hitting the sidewalls. It's a tight fit, but you don't need a smaller head really.
                You will however need a spacer up front to clear brakes, but I'm sure you know that!

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
                  No you don't.
                  They think that a socket will not fit because it will start hitting the sidewalls. It's a tight fit, but you don't need a smaller head really.
                  You will however need a spacer up front to clear brakes, but I'm sure you know that!
                  Yea, knew about the spacer from the pages and pages of discussion about these wheels.

Im pumped to get these style 5s on the car. Right now im using some VW BBS RA's. They are cool but too narrow.

Comment

Dhsbrhdifhaodndve currently in an argument with dingus at bmw telling me the 335 is a v6, not a straight 6, and that the e60 550s are twin turbo v8s.
                    1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
                    1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
                    1974 2002tii / stock
                    2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Originally posted by e30trooper View Post
                      tint is cheap dude, for the price of tint what else could you buy for your car?

Alot of shit bro, to get a good job done, with 3m tint, it would prbably run about 150 for all around 5%. With that money i could do a good tune up, and an oil change. Which right now it needs much more then some dark windows lol
                      http://MoHamouiPhoto.com/ ITS HERE GUYS!!

Comment

Anyone down to hit up Sherman Oaks Euro Meet tonight? I will be there. its in the far east parking lot by the In and Out.

Comment

Originally posted by edirtymo View Post
                          Alot of shit bro, to get a good job done, with 3m tint, it would prbably run about 150 for all around 5%. With that money i could do a good tune up, and an oil change. Which right now it needs much more then some dark windows lol
                          What about getting all of those things done on the car, before you splurge on a big ticket item. ;)
                          @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

hey guys i broke my car
                            cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
                              What about getting all of those things done on the car, before you splurge on a big ticket item. ;)
                              Lol thats what i was saying bro..
                              http://MoHamouiPhoto.com/ ITS HERE GUYS!!

Comment

Originally posted by edirtymo View Post
                                Lol thats what i was saying bro..
                                All I was saying was (flaaashing liiightssss, flaaashing liiights)..
                                @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Working...
                                X