Cool. :D
    -Kalim

British Racing Green, IE Springs/Bilsteins, IE exhaust, IE SSK,
    Momo shift knob, Miller MAF conversion, K&N intake,
    Blackworks Aluminum Radiator, 5MT swapped,
    Ellipsoids w/DDM HIDs, OEM Recaro Sports, Momo Mod07 Wheel,
    Drilled+Slotted Rotors, Alpine HU/Amp/speakers, 12" enclosed sub

Comment

i pick it up tomorrow gonna snap some iphone pick and postem up =]] im so fucking excited
      Originally posted by E30_(1st Musk)_
      HONDA IS WHERE EVERY TREND DIES! .

24v swap Oil Pan..F/S

Comment

Was anyone here driving a white e30 in Granada Hills around 2-3 pm ? I saw a really clean e30 near my school .

Comment

Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
          Anyone have a car trailer I can borrow for a day?
          i think i know what you have up your sleeve :pimp:
          Originally posted by KillaCam View Post
          Im getting a 2010 GTI =}
          nice!!! nomore e30?
          ]

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCam View Post
            i pick it up tomorrow gonna snap some iphone pick and postem up =]] im so fucking excited
            ive got an 07. they are quite fun. DSG or 6 speed?
            HDE30 <3

Comment

Anyone have a ssk in their e30? Do you guys like em? I'm hesitant to get one cause I drove my bro in laws audi and the throw was so short it was annoying to drive.. anyone?

-NICK

Comment

Nick, I have a Ralco I think its called from Castro. Its cool but Id rather have my clutch stop I made with a bolt from Home Depot. It improve my shifts much more than my SSK did.

I feel the SSK takes away from the feel of stick and you don't get that much from it. Some kits even feel like tip tronic or something.
                harry/harout

Comment

Originally posted by Balleristic31 View Post
                  Anyone have a ssk in their e30? Do you guys like em? I'm hesitant to get one cause I drove my bro in laws audi and the throw was so short it was annoying to drive.. anyone?
                  I do and I like it. The stock shifter throws feel too long to me and the SSK I have doesn't feel too short like some other short shifters I've tried on other cars.
                  -Kalim

Comment

Yea I feel shortening the shift kinda takes some of the fun out of driving stick. But it would be cool to have my shifter a little tighter and notchier. Thinking about the 1.9 Z3 one. Cause its the tallest of the short shifters.

-NICK

Comment

I love my SSK Im not a fan of long throws.
                      Originally posted by Balleristic31 View Post

Comment

if you want tight and notchy, be sure to change the carrier in the back, its a bitch to change and not included with most kits but don't do anything without changing that. #4 in diagram.

harry/harout

Comment

Originally posted by bmw325csi View Post
                          if you want tight and notchy, be sure to change the carrier in the back, its a bitch to change and not included with most kits but don't do anything without changing that. #4 in diagram.

http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...26&hg=25&fg=05
                          That and #2 make a big difference.
                          -Kalim

Comment

yep. I never understood why the carrier isn't included in most kits, lame.
                            harry/harout

Comment

Hmmm. So maybe ill pick those pieces up, and the Z3 arm and see how it goes. If I don't like the shifter ill just sell it and put the stock one back in. Any other bushings/ things I should replace? Do I needa get under the car for this crap?

-NICK

Comment

I have a 1.9 in my car, you can test it out at van nuys. I didn't really want a ssk either, but now I want a more aggressive one. The 1.9 feels like the length the throw should have been from the factory IMO. Not super 'aftermarket' or notchy.

edit: i haven't taken the pain to replace the bushings yet, i have the '#2' but not the '#4' carrier. should i go ahead and order that now too?
                                1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
                                1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
                                1974 2002tii / stock
                                2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Working...
                                X