• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe you should sue the machine...

* ba dum, tiss. *

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
      Have you done an M3 windshield? It's bonded in, not at all like a regular e30. It can be a DIY job but I wouldn't even risk it. Since the drains and cowl rust are a big issue with M3's, it's a job best left to the professionals. I don't mean any windshield shop but a shop that has done this before. That's one job you want to be sure is done right.
      Not to bad doing an M3. But I've done hundreds of sealed windshields. Depending on what tools your using could be potentially dangerous to your dash or paint.

If u have a pull knife be careful not knick the paint. Could easily slip and have a nice scratch. If your using a cold knife be sure to have firm control of it or you'll slash your dashboard.

Sealing is a whole different issue. Make sure you silicone bead is uniform size all around of you'll have surprise leaks/air noise.

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
      DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Originally posted by E30_Pare View Post
        Not to bad doing an M3. But I've done hundreds of sealed windshields. Depending on what tools your using could be potentially dangerous to your dash or paint.

If u have a pull knife be careful not knick the paint. Could easily slip and have a nice scratch. If your using a cold knife be sure to have firm control of it or you'll slash your dashboard.

Sealing is a whole different issue. Make sure you silicone bead is uniform size all around of you'll have surprise leaks/air noise.
        Have you used the Roll Out kit? It is pretty trick.

Have you done an M3 windshield? It's bonded in, not at all like a regular e30. It can be a DIY job but I wouldn't even risk it. Since the drains and cowl rust are a big issue with M3's, it's a job best left to the professionals. I don't mean any windshield shop but a shop that has done this before. That's one job you want to be sure is done right.
        The question is how often does an experienced professional replace a windshield on an E30 M3?

If he accidentally nicks the paint when scraping off the old glue does he say anything or just slap in the windshield on top of it?

If he does plug the holes with glue how would he know until the windshield is removed?

Comment

Originally posted by E30_Pare View Post

The question is how often does an experienced professional replace a windshield on an E30 M3?

If he accidentally nicks the paint when scraping off the old glue does he say anything or just slap in the windshield on top of it?

If he does plug the holes with glue how would he know until the windshield is removed?

Comment

Originally posted by SpecRaceM5 View Post

Use it quite a bit. When we do remove and re-install jobs for body shops. Hardly on windshields. Mostly on quarter windows and rear windows.

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
            DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

I've only used it on windshields but it worked great despite the set up work.

Comment

This has gotten more annoying since I added camber plates. I was told that the strut housing may have been bent on one side so I swapped em out with shortened ones I had laying around along with shorter struts. Added the plates and well the issue just looks worse now.
                Driver side, herrafrush

Passenger side, herrasunk

So since its not the housings, maybe control arms should be replaced?

Originally posted by yert315
                Your mother is plug n play

Comment

Assuming camber plates have the same settings, you could have a slightly tweaked arm or other component. One that isn't noticeable much to the eye.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Time for front susp. refresh I guess. Thanks abby

Comment

<3
                      Just remedy it for now by making your passenger side plate more positive so you don't wear your tire out.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by Ayman View Post
                        Not only was my strut tube bent on the Mtech so was the subframe. Do you run a strut bar?

Cheers,

Jim
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ayman View Post

Have you tried going to a alignment shop and seen what it looks like??

"Hard Work Pays Off"

1991-bmw 325i (R3vvd)
                          1990- 325 (mpowa)(GC)(track)(beast)
                          1988- 528e (daily driven when track car broken)

Comment

Lol.....

» PARTS FOR SALE
                            » TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Comment

Originally posted by IronmanE30 View Post
                              Not only was my strut tube bent on the Mtech so was the subframe. Do you run a strut bar?

Cheers,

Jim
                              No sir

Originally posted by Kev View Post
                              Have you tried going to a alignment shop and seen what it looks like??
                              I haven't but that seems like a bright idea actually

Comment

My new favorite e30 video

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                                My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Working...
                                X