Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting a rear muffler put on today(magnaflow). I have been driving with only a cat and 2.25 inch straight exhaust pipe dumped right after the rear axle. I had to cut the rear muffler off 3 weeks ago,it was breaking off. Its been a VERY loud 3 weeks lol.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Might be picking up a rare euro goodie for the E34. Not sure which one yet. Really I'm only interested because I have never seen one and I have always toyed with the thought of getting smoked tail lights for one of the cars one of these days. This would make a nice addition. Thoughts?

A pic installed with smoked tails.

Comment

Originally posted by SpecRaceM5 View Post
        Might be picking up a rare euro goodie for the E34. Not sure which one yet. Really I'm only interested because I have never seen one and I have always toyed with the thought of getting smoked tail lights for one of the cars one of these days. This would make a nice addition. Thoughts?
        Thats a nice piece, it doesnt look like it would be much different than what you have now, but with the smoked lights it will flow nicely. When I had my E34 M5, it came with Hella Smoked tails, I sold them because I didnt like the black taillights on black car look.

As far as the living in CA thing VS everywhere else goes, I grew up in CA moved to WA for 7 years and just moved back. I loved it up there, but it wasnt quite for me, I hated being so far from my family and friends that I grew up with. Havent regretted anything since moving down except for the fiasco that is my 24v swap... If I ever move again, I'm moving to Germany, no joke.
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by ethrtyiS View Post
          it's different for everyone. i know more than a handful of people who have left california with no plans on returning and they live a much better life. larger home, MUCH less crime, neighbors are like family, weather is great, much nicer views, overall just a much better environment.

california was a wonderful place to come to back in the day. my immigrant grandparents fled their countries and moved here, legally of course, and settled in california because it was the go to place. however, i don't see that anymore. everything is politically correct here, highest taxes for everything and it will be going up even more, our crime rate isn't the highest but it's pretty damn bad, high cost of living compared to income, etc, etc. even if i had millions, i wouldn't permanently live in california.

i would be more than happy to come visit, but i would have no intent on staying again.
          Well said Travis.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Comment

I still have a mail forward setup for my old address in AZ..been toying with that idea...I have an AZ ID as well.
            1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
            1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
            1974 2002tii / stock
            2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Originally posted by greanthumb View Post
              Shame on u.

Tell me this^ AFTER u move away for awhile. The grass is ALWAYS "greener"
              Btw- move to Ventura. Lol
              The valley isn't "California" in my eyes....move out of greater la for a while, then I think u might reevaluate.
              i will once i'm gone. i really don't see what there is to miss, espeically in los angeles. you may be right about other parts of california, but there are so many other places to live that offer much better ways of life.

Originally posted by MR 325 View Post
              PS: There's a lot more to California than the shithole San Fernando Valley. ;)
              you're right about that. still wouldn't live there.

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
              Zing!

Oh and btw, Ginger Hipsters aren't welcome everywhere. :rofl:
              lol, actually i think most other places are more welcoming to gingers than here. i'm not considered a ginger anyways.

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
              my feedback thread

Comment

Originally posted by 2man View Post
                Thats a nice piece, it doesnt look like it would be much different than what you have now, but with the smoked lights it will flow nicely. When I had my E34 M5, it came with Hella Smoked tails, I sold them because I didnt like the black taillights on black car look.
                It's all in the detail. Agreed it should be very subtle compared to whats already on there. I also agree about the smoked tails in that they only work well on certain color cars and those cars really need to be pretty agressive to begin with to pull off the look. I won't run it until smoked tails are aquired. Probably won't be a long term thing for either car but something to change it up a little.

As for Cali living, I have never lived outside of Cali but have thought about it on several occasions. I would like to at some point just to say I did it and experience something else but Cali will always be home. I really miss LA and will be back in the near future I hope. It's deffinitely not for everyone but for those that like it, there is no place that can compare.

Comment

It all depends on what you like to do. In WA if you're into outdoor stuff like hiking, skiing snowboarding, etc then its a great place, but Im not so I was bored a lot. I enjoy being outside, love brown women, and enjoy going to the beach and those are things that you can do here pretty much year 'round, but not in Seattle, unless you enjoy being in sub 50 degree weather. to each his own...
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

you're right, to each his own.

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
                    my feedback thread

Comment

Originally posted by Tonys18t View Post
                      Reeeeespec to Jerreck and the JMP guys, e30 featured in PBMW this month
                      Das mah booh, The Black Goat Fawker"
                      Originally posted by ethrtyiS View Post
                      Lol, actually i think most other places are more welcoming to gingers than here. i'm not considered a ginger boy anyways.
                      I'm only pulling your leg man, I hear what you're saying.
                      Is there better than Cali? Yes
                      Would I like to live there? Yes
                      Could I survive away from home (parents/family/friends)? No

Originally posted by SpecRaceM5 View Post
                      As for Cali living, I have never lived outside of Cali but have thought about it on several occasions. I would like to at some point just to say I did it and experience something else but Cali will always be home. I really miss LA and will be back in the near future I hope. It's deffinitely not for everyone but for those that like it, there is no place that can compare.

This guy knows what's up.
                      @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
                        I'm only pulling your leg man, I hear what you're saying.
                        Is there better than Cali? Yes
                        Would I like to live there? Yes
                        Could I survive away from home (parents/family/friends)? No
                        haha i know you are.
                        of course, that would be my only drawback!

my feedback thread

Comment

Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
                          I still have a mail forward setup for my old address in AZ..been toying with that idea...I have an AZ ID as well.
                          Is your name in Arizona... Brian earl spillner by chance? Just had to ask.....
                          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Originally posted by QUKBMER View Post
                            Is your name in Arizona... Brian earl spillner by chance? Just had to ask.....
                            Haha, I almost had you man.
                            @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Damn. Evidently wasn't quick enough on the euro smoked hella thingy for the e34. Oh well. I need to stop getting distracted away from the engine build in front of me.

Comment

yea that engine build might cost you some coin! when are you planning on diving in?
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X