Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sina let me give you a ride in the turbo M42 when it’s done to change your mind ;)

-NICK

Comment

Has anyone ran solid/poly transmission mounts on their car? My mounts are in bad condition and need to change them so was looking for some sort of upgrade.

Comment

Don't do it, you'll hate the rattle and might break off an aluminum ear.
        @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

I'm running the UHMW trans mounts from condor. Feels good but noisy, you can really hear the trans winding up. But then again my trans is on it's way out so that is also a factor.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by glnr13 View Post
            I'm running the UHMW trans mounts from condor. Feels good but noisy, you can really hear the trans winding up. But then again my trans is on it's way out so that is also a factor.
            Yeah those were the ones I was looking at. My friend had solid engine mounts on his S13 and they were an absolute nightmare. Seems like the tranny mounts might be similar.

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
            Don't do it, you'll hate the rattle and might break off an aluminum ear.
            So should I just go for the E21 mounts?

Comment

New oem trans mounts is where it's at.

edit: if you love yourself.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

I run the condors mounts for my engine, but the trans has stock mounts. I've done a huge mismatch of mounts all over the rear because of multiple reviews though.
                @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Same, well sorta. Using poly AKG mounts for the engine as it's very tolerable.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Anything with a bolt through will make it rattle like mad because the bolt itself acts like a solid mount. The ie ones are the best.
                    They don't make the car vibrate because the top/bottom bolts are separated.

Feels great. i had the akg bolt through ones they vibrated crazy style at idle.

waste of money oh well.

Comment

The bolt isn't being compressed between the arm and the sub frame with a straight thru bolt, the force is being tensioned outward therefore clamping the arm to the subframe. The poly material is what's being compressed and transmitting vibrations.

The IE ones that are separated sheered off from heat and movement within a year two times

waste of money oh well.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

The motor isn't just sitting, putting infinite compression on the bushing,
                        that shit is vibrating, pulling that bolt around. The bolt that solidly connects the arm to the subframe. :0

IE ones worked good 8 years for me bro.

Comment

Originally posted by Balleristic31 View Post
                          Sina let me give you a ride in the turbo M42 when it’s done to change your mind ;)
                          Hey aren't you in DTLA as well?

I'm in the BofA tower on Hope & 4th St. Where are you?

Let's do coffee one of these days.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                          1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                          1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                          2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
                            Hey aren't you in DTLA as well?

I'm in the BofA tower on Hope & 4th St. Where are you?

Let's do coffee one of these days.
                            For work? I live in Silver Lake (about 10 mins from downtown). This week I’m working in DT off Figueroa and 2nd but I won’t be back working In DTLA for awhile.

Either way, coffee sounds great :up:

-NICK

Comment

Originally posted by E30_Narek View Post
                              Has anyone ran solid/poly transmission mounts on their car? My mounts are in bad condition and need to change them so was looking for some sort of upgrade.
                              Yes. No regrets at all. Not sure if having the entire rotating assembly balanced had anything to do with it, but I didnt get any excessive or abnoxious nvh. I have the solid revshift swap bushings and condor trans mounts. Makes you feel really comnected to the car. I love it.
                              Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
                              Hey guys and gals,

Anyone in the LA/OC area have an S50-swapped E30 that they'd be willing to take me for a quick ride in this weekend?

I am debating going down that route and I need someone to push me over the edge :-)

I have different kinds of domestic craft beers and German beers for you to choose from in return :-) Let me know!

Gracias,

Sina
                              Hi. I live in Lake Balboa now. Hmu

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
                              '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
                              Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                                The motor isn't just sitting, putting infinite compression on the bushing,
                                that shit is vibrating, pulling that bolt around. The bolt that solidly connects the arm to the subframe. :0
                                Of course not, it's putting X amount of lbs/~sqre inch with the bolt compressing X more lbs of force on the surface of the poly mount.
                                The bolt itself isn't acting as a solid mount.

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                                IE ones worked good 8 years for me bro.
                                LOL damn I'd hate to have my car parked for 8 years

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Working...
                                X