Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SoCal General Chat

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by sam_ View Post
    why would my car still be humming from fuel pump area even after replacing it?
    Because the fuel pump hums. Always.

    Currently building a badass coffee table
    Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

    Comment


      ooooh okay sweet thanks champs. learn somethin new everyday !


      1991 325i
      flickr
      @sambhaskins

      Comment


        I miss my e30.

        I still have it, but its in my garage on stands.
        Been there for a month now because I am the slowest home mechanic ever.
        Procedures that guys post up saying "took me about 2 hours including butt scratching and smoking an eighth" take me, on average, 5 days.
        Timing belt: 5 days
        Oil pan gasket: 6 days
        Coolant flush and fill: 4 days.
        You get the idea.

        Anyway, I think I'll be done by Sunday.

        Comment


          Originally posted by MoreMayhem View Post
          Procedures that guys post up saying "took me about 2 hours including butt scratching and smoking an eighth" take me, on average, 5 days.
          Timing belt: 5 days
          Oil pan gasket: 6 days
          Coolant flush and fill: 4 days.
          You get the idea.

          Anyway, I think I'll be done by Sunday.

          dayum. and i thought i was bad with my car haha
          Originally posted by dvck
          I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

          Comment


            That's okay. I'm pretty slow at working on my car as well.

            1991 325iS turbo

            Comment


              Part of my trouble is I never seem to order all the parts needed for any given task, or get sent the wrong parts and it doesn't get noticed until right when I'm trying to put the part on.
              Glad I'm fortunate enough to have a garage to work in. Can just close the door and shut off the light when I get tired of wrenching. Probably contributes to my laziness.

              That's okay. I'm pretty slow at working on my car as well.
              Glad I'm not alone. Maybe we should start a support group.
              Oh wait, someone did. The internet.

              Comment


                funnyy i when i bought my e30 i hardly worked on it until i sold my other car. i was left with no car so i was forced to work on it to get it running

                Comment


                  My car was supposed to be smogged and registered in January.

                  Good news is, she'll be getting a new cat this weekend, plus the typical amenities to aide high nox and hc's. Might actually get a 2015 sticker next week! And then a 2016 in two months. Fingers crossed.

                  Currently building a badass coffee table
                  Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Chilezen View Post
                    My car was supposed to be smogged and registered in January.

                    Good news is, she'll be getting a new cat this weekend, plus the typical amenities to aide high nox and hc's. Might actually get a 2015 sticker next week! And then a 2016 in two months. Fingers crossed.

                    There's a place by offset motorwerks in Glendora that typically lets things slide without charging extra! Pm me if you're interested !


                    1991 325i
                    flickr
                    @sambhaskins

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by sam_ View Post
                      There's a place by offset motorwerks in Glendora that typically lets things slide without charging extra! Pm me if you're interested !
                      Maybe if it fails again next week. Thanks. Although, my dad (car is still in his name) may frown upon it. I've never mentioned getting a false certificate to him before because we have always passed legally. It depends, I am running on a newer engine with less miles. I think I can get it to pass. I want to be a tech, so this is more for my education.

                      Currently building a badass coffee table
                      Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by elbrack View Post
                        and that they also are a bit elitist about cars. So if you're bringing in a car that isn't looking amazing already, they don't treat you very well.
                        That's just ridiculous.

                        I'm not standing up for Castros but shops in general since I spent almost 4 years working at one... Dealing with E30 owners is a pain in the ass. Why? Because most of their cars need a LOT of work and the owners don't like to hear it. Shops have a lot of overhead including but not limited to rent, insurance, and employees. Therefor they need to charge enough to cover these things. Most forum guys don't want to pay these real world prices.
                        BimmerHeads
                        Classic BMW Specialists
                        Santa Clarita, CA

                        www.BimmerHeads.com

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by MR 325 View Post
                          That's just ridiculous.

                          I'm not standing up for Castros but shops in general since I spent almost 4 years working at one... Dealing with E30 owners is a pain in the ass. Why? Because most of their cars need a LOT of work and the owners don't like to hear it. Shops have a lot of overhead including but not limited to rent, insurance, and employees. Therefor they need to charge enough to cover these things. Most forum guys don't want to pay these real world prices.
                          Church!
                          @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by MR 325 View Post
                            Dealing with E30 owners is a pain in the ass.
                            Enough said.....

                            Cheers,

                            Jim
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                              Good Morning Gents. Im feeling pretty grateful today. I made a ballsy move and wrote a counteroffer on a job I really wanted and they actually gave me what I asked for! Maybe I wont be a broke ass Angelino!

                              Now the real madness starts as I have to try and move all my shit, find a garage to rent and a place to live. Would be nice if the place I move to actually HAS a garage, but I wont be making THAT much money...

                              OH and btw I figured out what type of motorcycle it was... Suzuki. Not sure which model but who cares
                              Simon
                              Current Car:
                              -2017 i3 REx, 21st Century E30
                              -1975 Alfa Romeo Giulia Nuova Super 1300, the never-ending name & project



                              Make R3V Great Again -2020

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by MR 325 View Post
                                Dealing with E30 owners is a pain in the ass. Why? Because most of their cars need a LOT of work and the owners don't like to hear it.
                                so much truth here.

                                most of these cars were bought for 1/5 the price of the work they need and since their owners are poor they get cranky when you tell them that they need to spend money so that their timing belt doesn't snap, that their brakes aren't working, that their $1 antenna grommet is missing and causing rust in the trunk...
                                Much wow
                                I hate 4 doors

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X