Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SoCal General Chat

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Balleristic31 View Post
    Does anyone have a MIG/TIG welder locally that would be willing to run about a 3" bead on an exhaust manifold for me for like a 6 pack of beer? I only have my flux core and don't wanna yuck it up.
    I have a MIG welder, I can take a look at what you need done, Should be able to help you out. What do you need it welded for?
    Last edited by TheRob; 03-12-2018, 05:31 PM.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Balleristic31 View Post
      Does anyone have a MIG/TIG welder locally that would be willing to run about a 3" bead on an exhaust manifold for me for like a 6 pack of beer? I only have my flux core and don't wanna yuck it up.
      I can, PM me, I have been pretty quite on here but I can do it if you are still looking, I am located in Burbank

      29 Model A // 55 GMC 100 // 66 C10 // 72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo // 75 CB500T Custom // 04 BMW M3 // 13 BMW 328i Sport

      72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo Build Thread // INSTAGRAM
      Gewerkschaft der Polizei Sticker/Clings For Sale $8

      Comment


        SoCal General Chat

        Originally posted by sileighty View Post
        So my transmission blew up and now I have to get a replacement installed + new clutch kit since mine seems to be the original. I got everything taken apart during the weekend and now I'm trying to get the flywheel lightened to 12lb because I read that it makes the car a lot more fun to rev, and I pretty much bought the car just to do rallycross/autocross etc with.



        I called a couple machine shops, one didn't answer, the other asked me for specifications on where he could take material off and of course I had no answer to this question, I'm doing this all for the first time. Does anyone know where I can get my flywheel lightened/resurfaced/balanced? I don't really know what to tell the machinist if they have questions about machining it so I'm looking for someone who already knows what to do for our flywheels. Looking for some place in the IE but if it's farther I'll make the trip. My roommate is going on vacation soon so I'm trying to get my car back together quick, but if it comes down to it I'll just get it resurfaced without any extra lightening.


        I just did this recently at Vellios Machine Shop in the South Bay.

        Before


        After



        Look closely and you’ll see where to take the weight off
        Simon
        Current Car:
        -2017 i3 REx, 21st Century E30
        -1975 Alfa Romeo Giulia Nuova Super 1300, the never-ending name & project



        Make R3V Great Again -2020

        Comment


          Thanks I'll give that a try :up:

          Comment


            Originally posted by semaj4712 View Post
            I can, PM me, I have been pretty quite on here but I can do it if you are still looking, I am located in Burbank
            Sent you a PM. Thank you!

            -NICK

            Comment


              anyone have a front bumper for sale? still trying to fix my cracked bumper from some asshole that backed into it. preferably alpine 2. PM me.

              Comment


                Ok, really dumb question but can you guys school me on the difference between the half shaft on an e30 and a 02. Could one seemingly re-drill the differential flanges on an e30 diff to bolt to a 02 half shaft?

                29 Model A // 55 GMC 100 // 66 C10 // 72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo // 75 CB500T Custom // 04 BMW M3 // 13 BMW 328i Sport

                72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo Build Thread // INSTAGRAM
                Gewerkschaft der Polizei Sticker/Clings For Sale $8

                Comment


                  Originally posted by semaj4712 View Post
                  Ok, really dumb question but can you guys school me on the difference between the half shaft on an e30 and a 02. Could one seemingly re-drill the differential flanges on an e30 diff to bolt to a 02 half shaft?
                  I'm assuming you're using an e30 diff in your 2002, if so, if you scroll down a few comments in that link someone has made it work using a combination of different BMW half shafts. I think the shafts are just shorter on the E10.

                  https://www.bmw2002faq.com/forums/to...erential-swap/

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                    I just did this recently at Vellios Machine Shop in the South Bay.

                    Before


                    After



                    Look closely and you’ll see where to take the weight off

                    Kinda hard to tell at first but its noticeable, looks like it makes a whole lot of difference.
                    Originally posted by dvck
                    I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Chilezen View Post
                      Fuck facebook.
                      fuck facebook
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      '90 325i sedan daily driven
                      '85 325e coupe also a daily

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by TheRob View Post
                        I'm assuming you're using an e30 diff in your 2002, if so, if you scroll down a few comments in that link someone has made it work using a combination of different BMW half shafts. I think the shafts are just shorter on the E10.



                        https://www.bmw2002faq.com/forums/to...erential-swap/


                        Thanks ill check it out

                        29 Model A // 55 GMC 100 // 66 C10 // 72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo // 75 CB500T Custom // 04 BMW M3 // 13 BMW 328i Sport

                        72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo Build Thread // INSTAGRAM
                        Gewerkschaft der Polizei Sticker/Clings For Sale $8

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                          I just did this recently at Vellios Machine Shop in the South Bay.

                          Before

                          After

                          Look closely and you’ll see where to take the weight off
                          Neat! Ingenious.


                          I'm driving up to Big Bear this weekend. Any car-care tips for the snow/freezing weather? Any special precautions to take?

                          I once heard something about spraying something in the door locks to preserve them; what spray?
                          Last edited by Chilezen; 03-16-2018, 01:03 PM. Reason: Words

                          Currently building a badass coffee table
                          Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Balleristic31 View Post
                            No tubular manifold. It’s not a repair/patch job.
                            My mig is actually currently setup for stainless. I'm in lake balboa 91406 pm me

                            edit: lol looks like I was a bit late on this. Oh well, if you still need help hmu
                            '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
                            Shadetree30

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
                              My mig is actually currently setup for stainless. I'm in lake balboa 91406 pm me

                              edit: lol looks like I was a bit late on this. Oh well, if you still need help hmu
                              Thanks Charlie, but Chris helped me out this week!

                              -NICK

                              Comment


                                Anyone have clear lamin x headlight film? Trade you for my smoked set, gonna smoke my headlights & rock the clear film


                                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X