• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what i remember when i first go an e30 with a/c that MPG went down
    horrifically. my 2000s car it didn't even make a difference. :(

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      I do too, but my other car is actually a vintage car, so the daily needs A/C...

Glen, it shouldnt be too hard to add it back in. Im guessing you removed the lines up to the firewall area right? You have to get inside the car anyways to replace the expansion valve, and the o-rings, so thats not a big deal. As far as the A/C lines themselves, you can probably use OEM, just not sure if the OEM M30 or M20 ones. Get a new parallel flow condensor since its apart and you should be on your way.
      I dunno if I really want to do it. I mocked up the compressor and the clearance between the radiator and the pulley is really tight. Plus I already have coolant temp anxiety, I don't want to add to that. So that's why I have 2 cars too :/
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by glnr13 View Post
        If I could redo my build I'd put it back in.
        Dew et! It'll be worth your time.
        Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
        From what i remember when i first go an e30 with a/c that MPG went down
        horrifically. my 2000s car it didn't even make a difference. :(
        I added A/C to my car, after the 1.5 year mark of my swap. It's a night and day difference. Power wise, I dont feel anything slowing me down on a 24 valve.
        Originally posted by glnr13 View Post
        I dunno if I really want to do it. I mocked up the compressor and the clearance between the radiator and the pulley is really tight. Plus I already have coolant temp anxiety, I don't want to add to that. So that's why I have 2 cars too :/
        Lol, I know what you mean though, I will admit that I tripped about that the first 6 months of having A/C.
        I need to recharge the system again, but I've been throwing a bit of money at my car lately and barely driven it in this heat, so it's not a biggie.
        @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

I did the bare minimum on mine to get it going again and got lucky but I think the previous owners have done a decent job maintaining the car (other than the paintjob) so I didnt need much. I just need to make it through the summer when it gets bad and then I will get the goods and I hope to have an ice-cold setup. It tested at 65* while it was 95* outside, this was at idle. It definitely felt much cooler when I was cruising on the freeway
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
            Dew et! It'll be worth your time.

I added A/C to my car, after the 1.5 year mark of my swap. It's a night and day difference. Power wise, I dont feel anything slowing me down on a 24 valve.

Lol, I know what you mean though, I will admit that I tripped about that the first 6 months of having A/C.

I need to recharge the system again, but I've been throwing a bit of money at my car lately and barely driven it in this heat, so it's not a biggie.

Ac does heat up your car but if it’s that bad, then turn it off at idle or in traffic, I felt the power difference but, for ac, it’s still worth it.

I got you man. Come down and I’ll charge it for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Can anyone recommend a machine shop to resurface an m42 head in the valley, Notthridge area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

next build is a k24 small intercooler big a/c system.

Comment

1100hp m20 wat.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Mmmmm that sounds like fun
                    sigpic

Comment

morning bros.

quick question. I have a 86 325 (diving board front)

Im looking to replace the lower spoiler (blk plastic trim that screws on to lower valance) Do i need year specific parts for this? Im seeing that 85 and prior models wont work for hte 86

thank you

Comment

Thats correct, you need a 86-87, or 88-90 cabrio (not 100% sure on the year of the cabrio) 84/85 are special in so many ways
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                          Thats correct, you need a 86-87, or 88-90 cabrio (not 100% sure on the year of the cabrio) 84/85 are special in so many ways
                          Yikes. My valance and lower lip is all messed up. Looks like previous owner got into a small fender bender, bent the valance and cracked the lip. He tried to screw it back on to valance with a drill and some regular ass screws lol

damn do i just replace and go Original 86 or euro convert. HRMM

Comment

Originally posted by tonytones View Post
                            Yikes. My valance and lower lip is all messed up. Looks like previous owner got into a small fender bender, bent the valance and cracked the lip. He tried to screw it back on to valance with a drill and some regular ass screws lol

damn do i just replace and go Original 86 or euro convert. HRMM
                            "Yuro" is deh way for early models brotha.
                            @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

This is all you need to do... go here and learn the ways

Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

wat the fak?
                                ok i'm going m20 again

Comment

Working...
                                X