Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay boys need some quick advice, just rear-ended someone and really don't want to get rid of the car

The battery is out I assume due to the engine ground snapping, when I started to push the car the battery reconnected and then when I turned it over it died again but it did turn once, without pulling the hood out I could look under and see there's not too much scrunch, I hit a navigator so it was higher up and just ate the tow hitch hard
    Need a shop in or around North Orange County that is ready to take this in
    Also hoping there's some way to avoid a salvage title, will do some more homework on that now
    Welcoming pro-tips in this time of mourning pls
    ( f ; _ ; )f

Comment

From my understanding it's only a salvage title if the insurance company totals the car out and you repair it with the money they say it's worth. So if you don't take there money, it won't be a salvage.

This is based on my experience etc.
      91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
      Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
      E30 can make you, E30 can break you
      "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Originally posted by Motheye99 View Post
        From my understanding it's only a salvage title if the insurance company totals the car out and you repair it with the money they say it's worth. So if you don't take there money, it won't be a salvage.

This is based on my experience etc.
        Yeah I was trippin' I'm doin this on my own so it'll be fine
        ( f ; _ ; )f

Comment

Just fight and fight. Show them the values of E30s use the BaT thread and look for local comps too. Did it piss any fluid or is it just cosmetic? Looks like fenders, lights, hood, grille at the bare minimum

Cirrusblau?
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Are we obligated to pay red light camera tickets? I may have got tapped a couple weeks ago but vaguely remember something about them being not enforceable. Any word?

Comment

Originally posted by yert315 View Post
              Are we obligated to pay red light camera tickets? I may have got tapped a couple weeks ago but vaguely remember something about them being not enforceable. Any word?
              Not enforceable. They will send you a notice that they have "caught" you and advise you to come down or pay the fine by mail but it is not a citation. It even says that right on the notice. Also, the notice is from a 3rd party company that operates the cameras, not the PD. They are hoping you don't pay attention, think it's a citation and pay it.
              "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
              88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
              89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
              91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                Just fight and fight. Show them the values of E30s use the BaT thread and look for local comps too. Did it piss any fluid or is it just cosmetic? Looks like fenders, lights, hood, grille at the bare minimum

Cirrusblau?
                Granit Silbur

Didn't piss anything, battery was in and out while I was pushing it to the side so I am thinking engine grounds? I dk engine grounds shouldn't make the whole circuit go dead though...

Looks like because I was low enough its just going to be sheet metal and radiator/fan type shit
                Last edited by Scallywagon; 03-13-2019, 08:23 AM.
                ( f ; _ ; )f

Comment

well... you're not likely to find OEM painted parts to replace, so Im guessing just pieces that are straight are what you'll need. Wont know if you need a core support either until the bent metal is all off...

Start collecting comps and looking for parts
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

That is going to ne an extensive project. Good luck. It ahould help you are in socal a lot of parts available.

Comment

Since you are going to have to repaint the pieces anyways, you can come take my hood for cheap. It’s sanded down to bare metal but is very clean with only one minor dent that has been bondo already. I could also give you a new core support if you need it. Pm me if you’re interested.

Comment

Thats a great offer!... Then just need some fenders and a bunch of minor stuff
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

I'll be at the willmington pick your part this Saturday. There having a 40% off sale. I'll post here if any one the E30's have nice fenders.
                          91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
                          Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                          E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                          "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                            Thats a great offer!... Then just need some fenders and a bunch of minor stuff
                            I would give up my fenders but I think the convertible fenders don’t fit on the coupe :(

Comment

You could take my valence and front bumper (they are Schwarz but pretty good shape) as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jokester View Post
                                You could take my valence and front bumper (they are Schwarz but pretty good shape) as well.
                                So you have core support, valence, front bumper and hood all essentially 95%+?

Definitely interested.
                                ( f ; _ ; )f

Comment

Working...
                                X