Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone on the west side with a good PDR guy? Had a recommended one say he wouldnt pull my dent. Will also need someone to detail the car again after this, maybe a place that can do both?
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
      anyone have a spare rear subframe kicking around?
      How funny, you sold me your original subframe. If you already have an adjustable one, what more can you do to it?

Currently building a badass coffee table
      Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Rant:

What a pain...

The highly recommended PDR guy (from Mike36 and a few others ) doesnt think he can pull the dent based on the 3 pics I sent him.

So I submit a request on Yelp to get some bids on PDR people. I get a few responses and pretty much everyone wants to see the car (understandable).

One of the places, Jim & Jacks, is right next to my work so I discuss bringing the car in to them, but the guy never gets back to me about a time to drop it off. I just call them and ask if I can just drop it off and come back later. She says it will only take 15 minutes, so I ask if I can just bring it now and be done in 15 minutes. Well, their system is down so she cant right now. This reminds me that they previously told me to bring the car in and they later declined because an E30 isnt in their "database" so I ask if we're just wasting time, and she agrees. Then I pause and ask about a PDR because it seems all of these shops assume I want PAINT, when I requested PAINTLESS... she says, oh we have a great PDR guy. I ask if he's based out of Huntington Beach, and she says " No, he's mobile" ... well fuckin guess what, its the same guy... sigh...

/ rant

Anyone have a good PDR guy who isnt this guy Mike from Dent Masters? I think Im going to just drive down to him and show him the car in person since he didnt seem too thrilled about driving to me to fix the dent.
        Simon
        Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          Rant:

Well fuckin guess what, its the same guy... sigh...

/ rant
          Hahahaha!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mike36 View Post

Hahahaha!
            I called him and he said he probably cant get it 100% and is worried about the paint cracking... but we're still going to try and connect Saturday morning. I will let you know on Friday when I confirm time/ place to see if you want to join
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by WestCoastEta View Post
              I have a spare rear subframe! Needs bushings and junk but I replaced it with the garagistic adjustable one. Please get it out of my garage!
              too late! sorry, got a subframe and trailing arms over the weekend :D

Originally posted by Chilezen View Post

How funny, you sold me your original subframe. If you already have an adjustable one, what more can you do to it?
              I know, the irony. I thought about that too... well, I need to replace my trailing arm bushings and subframe bushings, and wanted to reinforce the diff mounts and trailing arms, and want to clearance the subframe for a better fitting dual exhaust, and don't want to pull parts off the car making it undriveable, so here we are
              '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
              Shadetree30

Comment

who dis?
                Busted by jet jones, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                  Rant:
                  One of the places, Jim & Jacks, is right next to my work so I discuss bringing the car in to them, but the guy never gets back to me about a time to drop it off. I just call them and ask if I can just drop it off and come back later. She says it will only take 15 minutes, so I ask if I can just bring it now and be done in 15 minutes. Well, their system is down so she cant right now. This reminds me that they previously told me to bring the car in and they later declined because an E30 isnt in their "database" so I ask if we're just wasting time, and she agrees. Then I pause and ask about a PDR because it seems all of these shops assume I want PAINT, when I requested PAINTLESS... she says, oh we have a great PDR guy. I ask if he's based out of Huntington Beach, and she says " No, he's mobile" ... well fuckin guess what, its the same guy... sigh...
                  Jim and Jacks is difficult to deal with - and they don't do good work either ( i live a half mile west of them). My insurance company sent me there when i got rear-ended and i had to have them redo the work - and it still wasn't fixed right. The locals here tend to shy away from them.

A great body shop is El Segundo Auto Body on El Segundo Blvd (near Nevada st i think). They repaired my E39 dented rocker panel for 1/3 of what i was quoted by J&J, and everybody i've sent there liked the work and prices.

Anyone have a good PDR guy who isnt this guy Mike from Dent Masters? I think Im going to just drive down to him and show him the car in person since he didnt seem too thrilled about driving to me to fix the dent.
                  Many years ago David Gillman of Dent Pro removed some difficult dents that a few other guys said they would not be able to do. When he was done i literally could not tell where they were. https://www.dentprola.com/about/

Randy Walters

2021 Mazda 3 Sedan Premium AWD
                  1988 325is (w/89 bumpers, recently sold)
                  1989 325is (Broadsided long ago RIP)
                  1996 328is (Sold to Matt J)
                  2003 530i Sport (Spare car now)
                  2005 X3 (little woman's car)
                  Driving Instructor BMW CCA L.A. & S.D. Chapters
                  Multiple L.A. & S.D. Region SCCA Autocross Championships

Comment

Thanks Randy, I will give them a shot. J&J definitely seems like a joke
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

my buddy is selling his e36 vert, spread the word:
                      https://losangeles.craigslist.org/la...985238367.html
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by glnr13 View Post
                        my buddy is selling his e36 vert, spread the word:
                        https://losangeles.craigslist.org/la...985238367.html
                        So is it a rebuilt clean title? or mechanically restored?
                        @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post

So is it a rebuilt clean title? or mechanically restored?
                          i think he titled it poorly, it's mechanically restored AND it has a clean title. not "rebuilt clean title". I hit him up for clarity, i'll post back in a bit.

edit: i just talked to him, didn't word that right. it's 2 separate thoughts. It's mechanically restored and it has a clean title.
                          Last edited by glnr13; 09-27-2019, 11:23 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Word., any wiggle room on price?
                            @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

got two quotes from the PDR guys. both said they could get it about 85-90% complete... One was $150-$300, the other was $350. I'm meeting up with the original person I spoke with (DentPro) in the morning. I hope it goes well...
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

who?
                                Dkeeperzzz by jet jones, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X