junk yard in the morning....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
    I think a good trip is finding exactly what you need. Anything else on top of that makes it a great trip.
    A good day:

1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
    1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
    1974 2002tii / stock
    2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

niiiiiiiice

Comment

NICE! Those deisel headers hold up to boost pretty well. Fab up some adapters and your golden. Great find

Comment

mike just has to go through with it though. lol

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
          my feedback thread

Comment

Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
            A good day:

fuuuuu... FML
            '89 Delphin 2.8 Cabrio
            '94 Yamaha FZR 600

Originally posted by FlexdXJ
            Is that thing on air?

Comment

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post

Guess what I found at the yard...? :mrgreen:
              Wild SPORT INTERIOR appeared!

They are much more rough than they look.. But in the end, I'll have the satisfaction of knowing I just saved a perfectly good set of Cardinal sports from their doom with some reupholstery

Comment

Ive almost thrown away better looking seats???
                "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Its either I can spend $400 and get a decent sport interior thats somewhat rough that I would still need to dye/paint to get the desired color I want and then worry about discoloration or paint chipping everytime I sit
                  or
                  Spend junkyard pricing + $600 flat for brand new leather reupholstery and exact color specifications I want and interior "piece of mind"

Its a bit pricier in the end, but worth it for what I want IMO. Its much cheaper than buying a set off the boards and still needing to reupholster them to what I want
                  Last edited by JinormusJ; 05-01-2012, 07:48 PM.

Comment

At that point it wouldn't matter what color they are since you are reupholstering them.

Comment

Hmmm I guess that makes sense.
                      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by yert315 View Post
                        At that point it wouldn't matter what color they are since you are reupholstering them.
                        true, but this way I know 100% that I don't want Cardinal, bur something much brighter. I was debating between Cardinal or Coral Red, but now I know I want Coral or brighter for sure :mrgreen:

Comment

that doesn't look bright enough for cardinal, but i'll give you $20 for the left passenger bolster leather PLUS a tan bolster and new foam that i pulled from a re-upholstered sport seat, if you're re-wrapping them anyway.

btw, 'decent' sport seats are more like $200, not $400. they'd better be perfect for $400.

did the car have red carpet? i have one i'm going to put in but it's not as clean as i'd hoped.
                          1974 2002tii / stock
                          2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Well.. I did get the rears aswell which I probably could've done without. However way I could sell my nearly flawless comfort interior as a set..

I'll keep you in touch for when I do my reupholstery. Won't be anytime soon, but if your still looking then, it's yours :-P

The carpet was grey :|
                            I woulda picked up the carpet if it was red..

Comment

okay i'll trade you my torn red bolster and tan bolster and new foam and cash. i want that ish.
                              1974 2002tii / stock
                              2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

We'll keep in touch ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X