No announcement yet.

junk yard in the morning....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

last june rob and i pulled his super-eta longblock from sun valley for $130 after tax and core charges. included water pump, fan, alternator, a/c etc. last half off, a head/intake/throttle body ran me ~$150 out the door. it's just a changing game. i almost prefer 'private' yards now.
    1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
    1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
    1974 2002tii / stock
    2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

If you really need a big ticket item like head/engine/trans/diff, body panel, strut, driveshaft, etc. it would be worth a trip. Otherwise, it's probably not worth it. Someone ravaged the E30's in Wilmington. Tore apart all of the instrument clusters JUST to get the SI Boards and tossed the rest. Such a shame.
      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

I just can't understand why the freak people so stinkin destructive at junkies..?
        I'm behind on my pop-out windows cause the last two sets I saw BOTH had their driver's side window busted and.. SHOCKER!.. A spark plug in the back seat. Also had a bunch of good Throttle-body boots that I had to pass up cause some turd thought it was a good idea to cut the idle control valve from the boot instead of simply using a flathead to undo the clamp

FREAKIN MORONS...

Comment

Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
          then why did you say there were 'a lot' of m30 manuals?

yep, day before half off is often busier than the weekend itself.

My bad i read it wrong, i thought he said e30 and not m30. My mistake

1987 - 325e Project / DD

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
            Lol man, how's those shifter rods coming along?
            Done! M3, e30, m10 and e36 swap. You will all get yours.

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
              If you really need a big ticket item like head/engine/trans/diff, body panel, strut, driveshaft, etc. it would be worth a trip. Otherwise, it's probably not worth it. Someone ravaged the E30's in Wilmington. Tore apart all of the instrument clusters JUST to get the SI Boards and tossed the rest. Such a shame.
              i've run into that guy. old weird asian dude. caught him taking apart/scattering a low-mileage cluster for busted gears. he was going through both yards and every car in vain. i offered him new gears at my cost if he stopped, but he turned me down.

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
              I just can't understand why the freak people so stinkin destructive at junkies..?
              I'm behind on my pop-out windows cause the last two sets I saw BOTH had their driver's side window busted and.. SHOCKER!.. A spark plug in the back seat. Also had a bunch of good Throttle-body boots that I had to pass up cause some turd thought it was a good idea to cut the idle control valve from the boot instead of simply using a flathead to undo the clamp
              JY intake boots are almost always poop. i'd rather buy them new. and you can get pop-out windows on any pre-90, no?

Originally posted by e30Hungry View Post
              My bad i read it wrong, i thought he said e30 and not m30. My mistake
              ah, alright! gotcha.
              1974 2002tii / stock
              2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

I saw some dude bust open ellipsoids just for the lens. Saw a 90k odo with gears missing. Comfort seats shredded for no reason.
                For replaceable parts other than heavy duty parts, id rather buy from Blunt and BMA or other of the sponsors.
                My dime is not going to those ruthless waffleswaffleswaffleswaffless anymore!

Comment

Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
                  JY intake boots are almost always poop. i'd rather buy them new. and you can get pop-out windows on any pre-90, no?
                  Not if most of the Junkers in the yard are sedans and Verts. And I've only ever seen facelift coupes. Only ever seen 2 pre-90 so far, and they both had spark plug'd windows. Honestlythough, almost anything is better than my boot, mines on it's last legs..

Didn't they invent some kind of contraption in the 1800's though..? It's used to carry stuff next to your leg, an it's on the inside of your pants..? What were the called..? Pockets..? Next time I need mickeymouse parts along with a big ticket item part, I'll just swoope em... Junkyards are ridiculous..

Comment

Fuck the junkyards and their bullshit prices.

Obviously they are out to make a profit, but they want stupid money for 20-30 year old parts, that you have to pull yourself off a car they paid 200 bucks for.
                    But I guess when it's a part you really need they know they have you right where they want you, and thus the raping begins.
                    Last edited by ThisGuy310; 04-07-2012, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Anyone going by the junk tomorrow and can possibly snag me up a good looking cap and I sparkplugs?? My cap is shortin itself out
                      sigpic

1985 528e turbo project sold
                      1987 325is Hellrot _ r.i.p
                      1988 Seta Alpine white _ impound
                      1987 325is Delphin Gray_sold
                      1987 325is Zinno _ ?sold
                      1988 325is Alpine White _sold
                      1991 318i Zinno Gone....

Current:
                      1988 s52 325ic Shwartz
                      1968 2002 PROJECT JBRIDGE
                      1992 525i/5 Glanzschwarz DailyCruiser

BAVARIANS AND SCANDINAVIANS DON'T GET ALONG...
                      NEiTHER DOES MY LEFT AND RIGHT NUT
                      BUT HEY TOGETHER THEY MAKE ONE HELL OF A FUCKING TEAM:)

Comment

Originally posted by ThisGuy310 View Post
                        Fuck the junkyards and their bullshit prices.

Obviously they are out to make a profit, but they want stupid money for 20-30 year old parts, that you have to pull yourself off a car they paid 200 bucks for.
                        But I guess when it's a part you really need they know they have you right where they want you, and thus the raping begins.
                        agreed, junkard parts are way too high. When i took my ellipsoids to them before the 50% off sale, they wanted 83 bucks for it, so i just stashed it in a daewoo and got em for 41.

1987 - 325e Project / DD

Comment

Still too much for junk yards.

I miss Texas and their $130 complete engine prices. No half off days. And $1 entry fees.

When your enemy is making a mistake, do not interrupt him.

Comment

your sig keeps repeating itself.
                            i need to go to texas.

Originally posted by yert315
                            Your mother is plug n play

Comment

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
                              Not if most of the Junkers in the yard are sedans and Verts. And I've only ever seen facelift coupes.
                              really? all i see are etas all day, and i go a lot. and 'facelift' isn't exactly accurate, 88-89 were still pop-outs. actually, only 90-91 coupes didn't have them.

Originally posted by ThisGuy310 View Post
                              gardena yard wanted $150 for an early bronzit door on the basis that 'it's a BMW, you know it's going to be expensive, bro.'

Anyone going by the junk tomorrow and can possibly snag me up a good looking cap and I sparkplugs?? My cap is shortin itself out
                              really? used spark plugs?

agreed, junkard parts are way too high. When i took my ellipsoids to them before the 50% off sale, they wanted 83 bucks for it, so i just stashed it in a daewoo and got em for 41.
                              you still got way raped.
                              1974 2002tii / stock
                              2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Originally posted by e30Hungry View Post

yeah there were lots. What color though?
                                zinnoberrot. What lot has em, neeed tooooo knowwww!
                                Last edited by xikyle; 04-08-2012, 07:26 PM.

Originally posted by ApexGoblin
                                well make sure your priorities are straight... e30 first :up:

Comment

Working...
                                X