X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
    bought the car with a leaky gasket.
    replaced that with VR shit - never again. and i did a full engine rebuild.
    that HG leaked, replaced that with BMW and ARP studs.
    rings blew. replaced engine with 94k engine. found out after that was in that it's HG was blown, replaced that with BMW HG and bolts. no issue so far.

bought my dad's mtech2 with broken TB. replaced all of that.
    doing a full rebuild on my wife's car.
    did a HG on my Eta (first bmw)

man you have passion I think I would quit on them after all that! I hope after HG its all good...... It never over heated. I have my fingers cross...ED (edited)
    Last edited by rob&e30; 03-20-2013, 09:44 AM.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Follow my IG @bavarianstance

Comment

Found a local glass place that seems to be very well regarded... windshield time. They were like "yeah.. these are hard. we'll take some time." Hope they have better luck than I did.

The weirdest feeling is definitely watching someone else drive your car.

edit; and I think my "new" rear shocks are going out :(
      Last edited by kronus; 03-20-2013, 10:06 AM.
      cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by blazinxpk View Post
        did this, got b+, everyone else in class d'ssssssssss. Everyone kept taking my test to see what they did wrong lol
        "I wanna see da boat movie"
        "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Originally posted by rob&e30 View Post
          yeah i am pretty sure i did. Its been eating coolant the last 2-3 months....

Unless i have a crack in the head...but i don't think so. I plan to pull it as soon as the rain passes.... I need to swap the timing belt while i am at it and water pump not fun :(
          if you have cracked head, go smell the exhaust to see if it has a weird smell, ask me how i know.
          "I wanna see da boat movie"
          "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Originally posted by Thizzelle View Post
            if you have cracked head, go smell the exhaust to see if it has a weird smell, ask me how i know.

I would love to try that but I have a damn straight pipe set up all the way back it always smells weird lol!

Since I am taking it off I mind as well send it out to get checked....
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

rob, ever time i pull a head i change all the oil seals and lapp and polish the valves. makes a huge difference.
              Much wow
              I hate 4 doors

Comment

rob, ever time i pull a head i change all the oil seals and lapp and polish the valves. makes a huge difference.

I bet! This machine shop does all the heads for my friends shop. I will see what he says after the initial hot tank pressure test..... I will see what he can do for me and my price range that I am unfortunately working with...

Comment

Originally posted by rob&e30 View Post
                  I bet! This machine shop does all the heads for my friends shop. I will see what he says after the initial hot tank pressure test..... I will see what he can do for me and my price range that I am unfortunately working with...
                  I tank the head myself, i have a valve tool and i do all the removal and building of the head myself. saves a couple hundred bucks.
                  Much wow
                  I hate 4 doors

Comment

I tank the head myself, i have a valve tool and i do all the removal and building of the head myself. saves a couple hundred bucks.

Damn! I wish...... I almost want to just slap a gasket on there and call it a day.... but risky never works out in my favor..... lol

I have all of the basics but no tool's like yours!

Comment

its been burning coolant for a few months now... In the last few weeks its been bad. Coolant light would come on every two days (it got expensive with bmw blue coolant)

So Monday I top it off and check the oil. All was good. Then Tuesday morning I checked the coolant and it was still okay but looked a bit funny. So then I checked the dipstick, and bam I had mayo finally!

Car has been parked since, and still no smoke. It never got hotter then it should have.....

Comment

my mikeshake brings all the boys to the yard and they like it better than yours. darn right better than yours.

you're f8cked

ewwww early cooling ftl
                        Much wow
                        I hate 4 doors

Comment

yeah...maybe I should just light it on fire and call 911 get my insurance to buy me a new car hehhehehehheh

Comment

Got some coffee at Starbucks today and some older gentleman complimented me about my 318is. He said its rare to see these cars nowadays and since he's owned a few of these, he just missed his more when he saw my 318 (Currently drives a E39 540). He was also surprised how many miles it has and told me to send BMW a picture. Today is a good day. now where's ice cube for my song?
                            - 98 M3 Cabrio
                            Photo work: http://www.herbreal.com
                            Instagram: @herbreal
                            Twitter:the_herb_real

Comment

I've got a feeling, that today's gonna be a good day, tooodays gonna be a good day, today's gonna be, today's gonna be, today's gonba be a good good daaay

Comment

Originally posted by HerbReal View Post
                                Got some coffee at Starbucks today and some older gentleman complimented me about my 318is. He said its rare to see these cars nowadays and since he's owned a few of these, he just missed his more when he saw my 318 (Currently drives a E39 540). He was also surprised how many miles it has and told me to send BMW a picture. Today is a good day. now where's ice cube for my song?

Man that's what makes all this BS worth it! It deff inspires me not to junk yard this one....

Here you go! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWfbGGZE07M

Comment

Working...
                                X