This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ohthejosh View Post
    Once I get off work in the next hour or so, I shall be tackling my brake replacement. I would be doing my tie rods at the same time but i lost my damn lock plates:hitler:

Oh well, should be ordering some m3 offset CAB bushings soon, might as well buy new lock plates while Im at it. Hopefully new shocks to put in by mid month, and GE coil sleeves by end of the month.

Wish me luck guys
    good luck! Idk how you find the energy to do something like that after a graveyard shift lol..

Anddd just dropped the car off to the ref station.. Sounded like the guys there were happy to see an m50 under the hood :D (its no s50 ).. Said it should take about an hour to inspect the car, I hope they dont keep the engine running that whole time because I have no engine fan and the temp rises if it sits too long :crazy:

Comment

Well that's not good...
      Let us know how it goes

Comment

Originally posted by e30shmobberr View Post
        I bought one from BMW, poped it. Bought one from blunttech, poped it. Bought from kragens, poped it.

i have been bleeding following the oem way, now im going to bleed the system from the bottom up.
        I may have missed it but how's your throwout bearing?

Comment

This is how my pedalbox tore (post-grindage). Annoying but not as difficult as everyone was making it out to be to drop the column & remove it. Getting welded and repainted today.

Comment

Originally posted by BMWamongJDM View Post
            What are you running on now?
            Whatever the PO was running, I'm guessing cut springs in the front and cheap shocks.

Comment

had your column come off before? or did it still have the bolts w/o heads that you have to cut?
              Much wow
              I hate 4 doors

Comment

Yikes :|
                That only happens to 5-speed e30s correct? One has been an automatic all it's life until now.. I don't think I should be expecting to do this anytime soon, but that still sucks

Comment

^^Correct this wont happen on an auto. I did my 5-speed swap approx. 20k miles ago. It sucks that this happened but now if it ever happens again (hopefully not), I wont have to grind off the headless bolts again since im going to replace them with regular bolts. It took 2.5hrs and 3 dremel bits to just remove those bolts. I also had to unbolt basically everything down there. I should write a diy.

Comment

No dice :(

Passed visual thankfully.. But failed emissions in all categories.. With the numbers I had, dude said 9 times out of 10 its a bad cat.. Shiiiittt

So once I fix that, should be smooth sailing

Comment

idiots at their best...
                      I4 != V4
                      Much wow
                      I hate 4 doors

Comment

Interesting how they have all that rare euro shit on their car and still don't know what fuckin engine they have...nor the rarity of the V4 engine in the history of the automobile..

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                        1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                        1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                        2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

actually looks like a good deal waffleswaffleswaffles

Comment

ya that cars easily worth $6 thow wow.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                            1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                            1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                            2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

What is "all that rare euro shit"

jw

Comment

Originally posted by cmybimmer View Post
                                No dice :(

Passed visual thankfully.. But failed emissions in all categories.. With the numbers I had, dude said 9 times out of 10 its a bad cat.. Shiiiittt

So once I fix that, should be smooth sailing
                                try the "crc" guaranteed to pass smog. it cleans your whole fuel system and raises the octane level of your fuel. i've used twice and works all the time.

Finally installed my power steering pump after a year of having the replacement. Talk about procrastination. Also swapped out the intake manifold and 17lb injectors. My car is officially alive. Despite being automatic, it has increased in responsiveness with the help of the new injectors and my 173 chip. I bid goodbye to fuel economy I guess. I have yet to try it on long driving.
                                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
                                ---------------------------------
                                89 E30 S52
                                ---------------------------------
                                Transaction Feedback.

Comment

Working...
                                X