This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steven View Post
    Easy to fix? Or cheaper/easier just to buy a new LSD?
    Not hard, not easy.
    I have a 4.10 open for sale if you're interested. It's dirty but "only" has 115k miles on it. I dunno if you have an LSD now, you can take the ring and pinion out and swap or just run it how it is.

Comment

that sux

Comment

it's hard being this sexy.

on another note. pantless's head and block are back from machining. block has been painted. i then used a brass brush on the drimmel to clean the piston grooves and when the rest of the rings get here, ill build it.
        Much wow
        I hate 4 doors

Comment

Thanks for the schedule spency. I'm hopefully getting a drift car soon. Looking for something between 1-2k. Also Steven I have a 3.25 LSD in my garage with e30 flanges and rear cover. I'd sell it

Comment

Originally posted by JNasti View Post
            Thanks for the schedule spency. I'm hopefully getting a drift car soon. Looking for something between 1-2k. Also Steven I have a 3.25 LSD in my garage with e30 flanges and rear cover. I'd sell it
            Oh gawd... How much?

Feedback!
            Custom Cup Holder Consoles!
            Calypso Story--S50/Shaved and Tucked Bay

Comment

Oh gawd... How much?
              I'm not sure which tranny you're running but I have the 3.73 as well. I'd like to get 250 for either or

Comment

Originally posted by JNasti View Post
                I'm not sure which tranny you're running but I have the 3.73 as well. I'd like to get 250 for either or
                Didn't you say the 3.25 has like 215k miles?

Feedback!
                Custom Cup Holder Consoles!
                Calypso Story--S50/Shaved and Tucked Bay

Comment

Can't wait till they fix the 280/880 interchange. Shits a mess

Comment

Didn't you say the 3.25 has like 215k miles?
                    I'm assuming it does. I don't have much documentation but it still hooks up good. I swing my car quite a bit. It never had any locking issues or grinding whatsoever. I'd just put new fluid in it.

Comment

K
                      Originally posted by Wanganstyle View Post
                      Are they?

Brain + data = no ability to calculate for self?

Is this the r3vtard equilibrium equation?

------------------

~3k in the bay area can buy=

Potentially decent e30 (or pile of shite)
                      A e36 (falling apart inside as usual)
                      A e46 (not as old or as trashed as the first 2)

All will have issues, the e46 will at least be safest in a crash.

The e30 and e36 will much more likely have the Guage cluster changed so the milage will be doubled.

If you buy the e30 in the south bay the cluster will have been changed out for a pnp unit years ago; perhaps more than once.

The e46 not so likely as its a pita can bus system and people are afraid to F with it.

What's the best engine out of the bunch?

E30 = M20 poop
                      E36 = M50 not as poop
                      E46 = M54 decent poop

Newer = better.

E46 wins for fuel economy
                      I bought an E46 for 4k. It couldn't pass smog because OBD2 couldn't be read. Turns out auto tranny ECU was grounded. New was $1800, found new for $$70 and then passed smog.

It was resprayed from Maaco perhaps bt the previous owner, thrashed seats. $200 later newer interior, I fixed paint chips, auto tranny started slipping
                      Sold very quickly for 3k. I dislike that E46.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
                      ---------------------------------
                      89 E30 S52
                      ---------------------------------
                      Transaction Feedback.

Comment

maybe the answer is "don't buy a shitty car", regardless of the chassis. I bought a pretty beat e36 and have sunk a lot into it so far to get it respectable. I would've come out ahead if I started with a good one in the first place.
                        cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                          maybe the answer is "don't buy a shitty car", regardless of the chassis. I bought a pretty beat e36 and have sunk a lot into it so far to get it respectable. I would've come out ahead if I started with a good one in the first place.
                          Isn't that a thing I was telling you at some point...

Comment

I'm not good at secondhand lessons
                            cars beep boop

Comment

buy my wheels plox. i need to spend the money on my blue e30
                              Much wow
                              I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                                How much did you pay for that e36? Is it 5 speed? I still think a kind of beat e36 is better than a kind of beat e46.

Comment

Working...
                                X