Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Control arms are off the car and rear subframe is off the car.

Comment

Meh. It may be a bit pricy but it's in the ball park. 3 hours at 100 an hour seems a bit long. 2 hrs might be more appropriate.

Comment

Hell no, seems very pricey to me.

I am talking with garagistic. $450 for front and rear subframe reinforcements welded on with adjustable rear subframe kit welded on, and rear subframe bushings pressed in for free. Blows CATuned's prices out of the water. Of course this doesn't include FCABs and RTABs being pressed in, but I doubt it will be much more since Garagistic is great at pakage deals and will be doing lots of work as is.

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
          lock-to-lock isn't everything, the different racks also have different amounts of travel. The travel rate is the factor that determines rack "speed".
          Yeah but most racks in question have about the same (or identical) travel save for the E36M/Z3M which are limited and the 95 M3 which is a whole different story. There is still more to it than that as some racks may be more progressive than others (most if not all are slower on center for less darty highway feel, the 95 M3 is suuuper progressive for instance) and then there is the hydraulic properties of the rack as well. But most people won't notice that much.

Originally posted by 3vilE30 View Post
          Also, would anybody happen to know track oriented alignment specs including the rear since I have adjustable stuff?
          Depends on the rest of your car. If you're running sticky tires (200TW street tires or r comps) you'll want to start at about -3.5 front camber, -3 rear camber, a little toe in in the rear (1/8" or so) and zero toe in the front and go from there.

Comment

Well, I bought the ZHP rack from that guy.

I hope it is worth the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Rsully70sev View Post

Hopefully the old saying "third time's the charm" has some truth to it.

I couldn't be happier than to be back in an e30! So what did I miss around here?! Lol
              Damn dude, I didn't think I'd ever see you back in the community!

From awhile ago:

Feedback!
              Custom Cup Holder Consoles!
              Calypso Story--S50/Shaved and Tucked Bay

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
                Depends on the rest of your car. If you're running sticky tires (200TW street tires or r comps) you'll want to start at about -3.5 front camber, -3 rear camber, a little toe in in the rear (1/8" or so) and zero toe in the front and go from there.
                Thanks for the input!

Comment

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
                  Well, I bought the ZHP rack from that guy.

I hope it is worth the money.

When I swapped in my e46 rack and went to a 260mm wheel it was night and day difference for me. Still feels weird to drive since it steers so fast, especially cruising at 70.

I got 180 tread wear tires and -2.7 camber in front. I went with stock toe up front because zero toe wandered too much for my taste.

Comment

Z3 rack + firm suspension + a small light steering wheel is pretty twitchy on the highway! Virtually no dead zone... It gets interesting watching my friends drive it over 60mph

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

Originally posted by Steven View Post
                      Damn dude, I didn't think I'd ever see you back in the community!

From awhile ago:
                      I remember this day.

I should post some more pics of my e34, I'm about to make an order for hardware for the '95 skirts I just picked up. It's on vogtland springs now and e34 specific style 18's.
                      The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                      Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
                      2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                      2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                        girlfriend hates korean marques for... whatever reason, so hyundai/kia are out.
                        I strongly agree with your girlfriend.
                        Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
                        260mm wheel
                        Damn how is that? I thought my 330 was on the smaller side..
                        The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                        Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
                        2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                        2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by Toodaloo View Post
                          Z3 rack + firm suspension + a small light steering wheel is pretty twitchy on the highway! Virtually no dead zone... It gets interesting watching my friends drive it over 60mph
                          Z3 is amazing; slightly less travel overall, but the travel speed is amazing; sure, U-turns are slightly wider by half a foot or so overall, but I have no complaints other than if I did it over again, I'd go e46 330i ("ZHP") rack

Originally posted by Rsully70sev View Post
                          EBay. Just got a new set myself
                          Bruh, You been gone for days

Comment

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
                            Z3 is amazing; slightly less travel overall, but the travel speed is amazing; sure, U-turns are slightly wider by half a foot or so overall, but I have no complaints other than if I did it over again, I'd go e46 330i ("ZHP") rack
                            IIRC there is no difference in travel. There's a lot of misinformation out there about racks since they are just a black box to most people.

Comment

Originally posted by Vivek View Post
                              Damn how is that? I thought my 330 was on the smaller side..
                              I think that was a typo. 260mm would be like a toy car wheel. :)

Comment

Anyone got a set of kidney grills they want to shoot my way?

Comment

Working...
                                X