Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys, I'm freaking out. The single greatest thing ever just happened. I was in Seaside at domino's pizza 3rd wheeling it with my friend for free pizza and we walk out and I see an MP4-12C in the parking lot across the street so I hop in my car and drive over to look at the car and see if the owner is around, maybe finagle my way into a ride or something, who knows. Anyway, I park 3 spots away, I know how I am with dings, could only imagine what that's like in an MP4, get out and walk over to the car and notice someone is in it so I don't wanna be too crazy and start taking pics with flash on and all that, that would bother me so I put my phone back in my pocket and just kept looking at the car and I see my friend pull in and park next to me, I should mention he is a big car guy too, and he's like "I wonder where the owner is" and I just looked over to the car and flipped. Then he looked and we locked eyes like a movie scene and just stammered and our eyes got huge because guys, the man sitting in this McLaren was the one and only, Jeremy Clarkson. As we looked back over, trying to figure out what the fuck do and how to react and not pass out or forget to breathe, he starts it up and I fumble for my phone again but by the time I get it out, he's pulling away and we can just stand there totally floored by what just happened.

TLDR: Saw Jeremy Clarkson in Seaside in an MP4, ultimate example of pics or it didn't happen.
    C6Z
    S2K
    VeloN

Comment

Dmty no dssr?
      Much wow
      I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by CarsonE30 View Post
        TLDR: Saw Jeremy Clarkson in Seaside in an MP4, ultimate example of pics or it didn't happen.
        pics or it didn't happen

eric, no, but the car it's going on has one
        cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
          pics or it didn't happen
          there :coolphoto:
          Attached Files
          C6Z
          S2K
          VeloN

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
            i am too real

The short shift setup is cool, but what is the big deal over the cluster? Are they rare? Do the gauges work in an e30 cluster?

Will
            '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
            '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
            '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
            '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
              The short shift setup is cool, but what is the big deal over the cluster? Are they rare? Do the gauges work in an e30 cluster?

Will
              It's an M5 cluster so it's a bit rare and probably worth some coin to a few people
              C6Z
              S2K
              VeloN

Comment

Has the oil temp just like the E30 M3
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by CarsonE30 View Post
                  Guys, I'm freaking out. The single greatest thing ever just happened. I was in Seaside at domino's pizza 3rd wheeling it with my friend for free pizza and we walk out and I see an MP4-12C in the parking lot across the street so I hop in my car and drive over to look at the car and see if the owner is around, maybe finagle my way into a ride or something, who knows. Anyway, I park 3 spots away, I know how I am with dings, could only imagine what that's like in an MP4, get out and walk over to the car and notice someone is in it so I don't wanna be too crazy and start taking pics with flash on and all that, that would bother me so I put my phone back in my pocket and just kept looking at the car and I see my friend pull in and park next to me, I should mention he is a big car guy too, and he's like "I wonder where the owner is" and I just looked over to the car and flipped. Then he looked and we locked eyes like a movie scene and just stammered and our eyes got huge because guys, the man sitting in this McLaren was the one and only, Jeremy Clarkson. As we looked back over, trying to figure out what the fuck do and how to react and not pass out or forget to breathe, he starts it up and I fumble for my phone again but by the time I get it out, he's pulling away and we can just stand there totally floored by what just happened.

I honestly don't know what I would do if this happened to me. I don't think I'd be able to get a word out, would be totally starstruck.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                  Transaction feedback
                  - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
                    I honestly don't know what I would do if this happened to me. I don't think I'd be able to get a word out, would be totally starstruck.
                    I was absolutely floored, I'm driving around the bay all day today trying to see it
                    C6Z
                    S2K
                    VeloN

Comment

strongly considering parting out my vert and starting over on a sedan this year.

any local interest in:

- hardtop
                      - corbeau clubman seats with sliders (some wear and need a re-dye from sun)
                      - professionally pulled/shaped vert fenders

other requests considered, but 5-lug suspension, Torsen diff, chassis bracing, and drivetrain are either not FS or spoken for.
                      past:
                      1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                      1985 323i baur
                      current:
                      1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

You could just buy my s50 car.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
                          You could just buy my s50 car.
                          Will definitely keep that in mind. Stuff I'm keeping would be a great addition to it.
                          past:
                          1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                          1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                          1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                          1985 323i baur
                          current:
                          1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

don't want a vert anymore?
                            cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                              Has the oil temp just like the E30 M3
                              yup, oil temp, 180mph speedo, 8krpm tach, and the ever-precious M logo :D

(it will go on ebay once I boot it up and see if it all works)
                              cars beep boop

Comment

Damn Carson.... I wonder if they are filming in the bay.....

On a side note I valeted an MP4-12c, some guy from SF, had huge ass sticky tires on it he was crashing Ferrari track day at Sonoma. It was amazing to drive in our parking structure hahahhaha. Dude was cool too.

Comment

Working...
                                X