This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yungbimmer View Post
    HAHAHA you definitely have sacramento humor. Well im having a stupid issue with my passenger tail light. Fuse #23 keeps popping cause theres a short in the wiring. Pulled so much shit out of my interior today to find the stupid short and to my surprise there wasnt a single fucked up wire. I pulled the diode next to antenna motor and cleaned the board. That still didnt do shit. Lol im just like fuck my life. I just rebuilt my motor and shaved/painted my engine bay but i cant fucking smog it cause itll fail inspection.

HELP ME!!!!

My friend with an e36 m3 was having the same issues. Eventually chased all the wiring to under the dash where it had been gnawed thru by rodents and created a huge wiring mess/short.

His turn signals, hazards, windshield wipers all don't work and when he puts a new fuse in there it pops lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
      Bringing this thing home tomorrow.

It's a motorcycle or whatever. 1974 Honda CB550k in extremely ridiculously original condition.

dude. we are like soulmates dude

Comment

If anyone has a contact to a clean set of grey/black houndstooth sport seats, please send me their way. Can be both passenger, and not mechanically in good shape as long as there aren't any big tears in the fabric or major stains. I need to finish my interior already!!!:hitler::hitler::hitler:

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

Originally posted by Yungbimmer View Post
          I just rebuilt my motor and shaved/painted my engine bay but i cant fucking smog it cause itll fail inspection.
          HELP ME!!!!
          pics of bay:
          are they failing you for missing the smog tag?
          Much wow
          I hate 4 doors

Comment

Timing belt broke...

Doh! I thought I had another 20K...

Does anyone have a head ready to go? Or ready to rebuild?
            A rocker arm broke and the boss that holds camshaft also broke.

I have so many fantasies about more motor. I am thinking about putting an S38 in my E24 and take that M30 and put it in my E30, but I'm not ready for that.

Another thought is to put a 2.9 to 3.0 M20 in. There is a thread about a 200HP NA m20 in the M20 sub forum.

Any other ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Tinkerer007 View Post
              Doh! I thought I had another 20K...

Does anyone have a head ready to go? Or ready to rebuild?
              A rocker arm broke and the boss that holds camshaft also broke.

I have so many fantasies about more motor. I am thinking about putting an S38 in my E24 and take that M30 and put it in my E30, but I'm not ready for that.

Another thought is to put a 2.9 to 3.0 M20 in. There is a thread about a 200HP NA m20 in the M20 sub forum.

Any other ideas?

Not sure if you're interested, but my friend and I have an extra "I" motor sitting around that we picked up but didn't end up using. It has 160K or so on it. It's complete minus the power steering pump and flywheel. Send me a PM if you're interested as it's just taking up space.

-Joey

Comment

I have a 323i head that came out of a working car. bolts up to an eta block and has a hotter cam than stock. (not sure if you have an i or an e)
                cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                  I have a 323i head that came out of a working car. bolts up to an eta block and has a hotter cam than stock. (not sure if you have an i or an e)
                  It is a '87 325is.

The engine had a knock at 220K miles and the crank was replaced at that time.

Thanks though.

Comment

I've heard about 323i head swap on the eta.

773 head right? Does it have small valves and intake ports like the 200 head on the era or large like the 885? Also how high do those rev. I've heard they are good for turbo due to lower cr.

I need to make this m20 more fast or get another vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
                      I've heard about 323i head swap on the eta.

731 head right? Does it have small valves and intake ports like the 200 head on the era or large like the 885? Also how high do those rev. I've heard they are good for turbo due to lower cr.

I need to make this m20 more fast or get another vehicle
                      Build sheet Owner                 Nick head                    731 with 42mm intake valves fitted (std 885 head) and Rhd porting Cam                     custom low comp grind 272 duration 11mm lift Bottom end         Stock low compression eta 2.7, 135mm rods, 8.5:1 pistons Intake                  RHD ITB's Continue Reading

This is the original setup I wanted on my car.
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I just caught myself up on the vlad/yan/josh situation.
                        I missed the second half where josh came out early last year to state he apparently lost the funds that r3v donated for yan, very much explained to me why he lost his rank, but honestly I don't think it explained why he is banned.

he did mention and others did as well that they made donations to that paypal for r3vlimited purposes as well, not in regards to yan... pretty interesting I wonder what happened behind the iron curtain lol.

any who happy sunday guys. I need to order a throttle cable.... and I need my damn w2's!
                        It was just more of the same. IIRC he was entrusted with one of the r3v ad accounts as well, so you can see where this is going.

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                        My hunk of crap only leaves the garage once or twice a week.
                        i also live in E Sac. it's only old people that live here and speed bumps that would kill any nice car.

kronus, Didnt know you ever meet. it's sad to see a good guy go bad, mostly of his own making. but it's ok, i still have nate as my uber left wing friend.
                        I don't think he "went bad," I think he is bad with money and made some big lapses in judgment. However the resulting damage to his friendships and his reputation is likely irreparable.

that e30 you're talking about looks beat. there's just the one picture in which it looks cool..
                        Yeah, Carson, I checked out more pics from that grey car, I honestly wouldn't even want it for $500. It's a piece.

sooooon..

Any more progress?

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                          http://racehead.com.au/m20-low-compr...troker-engine/

This is the original setup I wanted on my car.

Now I'm trying to think of where I got that 773 number from.

That's awesome. I wanna build. I wonder how it would do with stock intake.

Would I be able to use a late model cooling system? Also how much machine work is involved when it comes to 885 valves? I'm sure dmitry knows.

Comment

You should be able to get the valves cheap, but expect to spend at least a grand on the head work. The result is a higher compression setup VS using a 885 head. I dont think there are very big differences between the intakes either. Dont forget you would need the "i" wiring harness too.

Late model cooling system needs a different water pump, a crossover pipe and obviously the late model radiator and resevoir. Might be able to get away with a M42 radiator also, but who knows
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
                              Yeah, Carson, I checked out more pics from that grey car, I honestly wouldn't even want it for $500. It's a piece.
                              am sad now
                              C6Z
                              S2K
                              VeloN

Comment

My friend with an e36 m3 was having the same issues. Eventually chased all the wiring to under the dash where it had been gnawed thru by rodents and created a huge wiring mess/short.

His turn signals, hazards, windshield wipers all don't work and when he puts a new fuse in there it pops lmao.
                                Dude wiring is so god damn intimidating!! It fuckin scares me!!!!!
                                Lol so yeah im probably about to pull my whole god damn dash out just to find this stupid little bitch. LMAO. The weird part that i found was that from the light assembly to the diode the wire that supplies power to the tailight is a grey/green wire but after the diode up to the dash the wire is grey/white. Once that wire reaches the plug connector that the light switch harness plugs into it turns back to grey/green. Lol this shit is becoming more aggravating than replacing my fucking starter. Lol someone come help me ill pay you in getting to see my bang my head on the fuckin wall. Anyways, ill probably document the process so others who are dealing with this have some sort of clue what to do or at least check for if it ever happens to them.

Comment

Working...
                                X