This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's ok. Just vin plate swap with a sedan 😂

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

Originally posted by 2man View Post
      stay away! If it's not already registered in ca it's not going to happen. Another member down here could never get his registered and when i started getting ideas he told me if it doesn't get imported directly to ca it will be a nightmare
      this

Comment

if it didnt come in in socal it aint getting registered

Comment

Anyone planning on going out to the CAtuned open house event this weekend?

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

Originally posted by Toodaloo View Post
            gonna be raining hard. not sure if im going.
            Much wow
            I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
              so will the Z3 be, the E36/7 that Colin Chapman would've built
              No. Want to keep this car comfortable. It needs some attention; Dmitriy and I actually found a relatively serious issue yesterday, but I'm going to try to address it, and if that works out, I'll start swapping over everything I can from the E30 (suspension mostly; couple of drivetrain bits too).
              past:
              1989 325is (learner shitbox)
              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
              1985 323i baur
              current:
              1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                No. Want to keep this car comfortable. It needs some attention; Dmitriy and I actually found a relatively serious issue yesterday, but I'm going to try to address it, and if that works out, I'll start swapping over everything I can from the E30 (suspension mostly; couple of drivetrain bits too).
                wait i no unnastan

i thought the z3 was a donor for the alloy m52... but you are doing the opposite?

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
                  wait i no unnastan

i thought the z3 was a donor for the alloy m52... but you are doing the opposite?
                  kinda fell in love with it after driving it. it's comfortable, and the chassis is so much more solid than an e30 vert it's not even funny.
                  past:
                  1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                  1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                  1985 323i baur
                  current:

Comment

It's a little funny

Comment

Originally posted by oliver.r View Post
                      if it didnt come in in socal it aint getting registered
                      tell me more
                      cars beep boop

Comment

DREW (drewdowns) drew had some issues with this. he could answer your questions

Comment

Originally posted by Toodaloo View Post
                          I was going to go to a meet at 1030 then do the cruise there but with the weather predicted as is, I might just wanna stay home and annoy my neighbors with loud music :devil:
                          C6Z
                          S2K
                          VeloN

Comment

My Dad used to have a Z3, I think it was a M54 car. It was fun, but its such a small car. Im a small-ish dude also...

Im not mad at the idea though, to properly take advantage of the lightweight M52 you also need a lightweight E30... like an 84/85 . THEN you have the perfect recipe for colin chapman status E30
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

well, he liked his roadsters, which is why i started with a vert.

but yeah, my vert is about the same curb weight as a stock Z3 after weight reduction... i'm questioning the utility of doing the swap when there's at least a little weight ready to come out of the Z3, and nothing left to do to the old car.

i like roadsters too. the gf's CR-V is in the driveway if i have to move something other than myself.
                              past:
                              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                              1985 323i baur
                              current:

Comment

So whats going to happen with the vert?
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:
                                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                                X