Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the S52 crank price is usually $300ish so $500 for a complete bottom end seems like a decent deal
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      the S52 crank price is usually $300ish so $500 for a complete bottom end seems like a decent deal
      Yeah that's what the PO of it said and that's what I've found after doing some searching. 400 for the rods, 300 for the crank but I'm not taking it apart so the first local who wants it can have it
      C6Z
      S2K
      VeloN

Comment

Too rich for my blood at this juncture.

Comment

Is renown usa/Scott on r3v? or does anyone have an email for him?

Feedback!
          Custom Cup Holder Consoles!
          Calypso Story--S50/Shaved and Tucked Bay

Comment

Originally posted by Steven View Post
            Is renown usa/Scott on r3v? or does anyone have an email for him?
            I've just used the RenownUSA@gmail.com
            C6Z
            S2K
            VeloN

Comment

Does anyone have any experience with driveshaft rebuilding shops in the area? My center U joint has lots of play and I need to either rebuild it or scramble on 6speed parts and converting the smg trans.

On that note...anyone have/know of 3.91 LSDs for an E36 lying around? Also 328/M3 manual driveshafts in good condition?
              2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
              95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
              98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Hi guys I'm in the market for a e30 325i 88+. I was wondering if it's worth the hassle of switching auto to manual trans if I'm 17 and have no experience with cars and would be working in my garage with no car lift or exempt for some stands. I guess I know how to change fluids lol. Anyways thanks for any advice :)

Comment

Originally posted by DaWildBeast View Post
                  Hi guys I'm in the market for a e30 325i 88+. I was wondering if it's worth the hassle of switching auto to manual trans if I'm 17 and have no experience with cars and would be working in my garage with no car lift or exempt for some stands. I guess I know how to change fluids lol. Anyways thanks for any advice :)
                  It's a pretty involved process, if you don't have a huge amount of wrenching experience it may be tough to do in the garage. That being said...there's never a time like the present to learn new skills. Just depends on if you can have the car down for 1-2 months if need be.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                  Transaction feedback
                  - jpod999

Comment

I'll be swapping mine in about a month or so, I can keep you in the loop if you wanna come by and see how the process goes, it should take 2 inclined guys a full day, maybe a weekend if we're just going slow and enjoying it!
                    C6Z
                    S2K
                    VeloN

Comment

It's not too hard. You're young and you can learn quickly. Get a good set of sockets and wrenches and read, read, read. You'' be fine. Just do it!

Feedback!
                      Custom Cup Holder Consoles!
                      Calypso Story--S50/Shaved and Tucked Bay

Comment

Haha, Chris, it's worth it man! I'd be happy to help you with it too. After you source all the parts, it should take a weekend or so to bang it out. It took my buddy and I about two days to finish it. The bitchiest part is pulling the auto trans. That thing is huge. And heavy.

At this point it's so much cheaper buying an auto car and doing a manual swap. Also increases the value of it by a lot!

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

Originally posted by Steven View Post
                          Just do it!
                          Attached Files
                          C6Z
                          S2K
                          VeloN

Comment

Originally posted by CarsonE30 View Post
                            I'll be swapping mine in about a month or so, I can keep you in the loop if you wanna come by and see how the process goes, it should take 2 inclined guys a full day, maybe a weekend if we're just going slow and enjoying it!
                            Sounds cool I'll PM you my number right now I'm in Beirut Lebanon until Friday won't be able to text and such :)

Comment

Sounds cool I'll PM you my number right now I'm in Beirut Lebanon until Friday won't be able to text and such :)
                              Sounds good! We'll be doing the work here in Salinas, it's a bit of a drive for ya but don't feel obligated to come if you don't want to, there's a lot of r3vvers in the Bay Area that are more than accommodating as I'm sure you can see haha
                              C6Z
                              S2K
                              VeloN

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                                Does anyone have any experience with driveshaft rebuilding shops in the area? My center U joint has lots of play and I need to either rebuild it or scramble on 6speed parts and converting the smg trans.

On that note...anyone have/know of 3.91 LSDs for an E36 lying around? Also 328/M3 manual driveshafts in good condition?
                                Not sure about a driveshaft shop, but here's a diff that's been listed online for quite some time if you haven't seen it already:

Comment

Working...
                                X