Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

205/50r15 is undersize, yes, but it is also widely available. find me a decent deal on a performance rubber in 205/55r15. I'll go put on some tea.
    cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
      dear god man.
      i was point out that you will have a F***ed rolling diameter with a 205/50-15.
      first number is the MM of how wide the tire is.
      the second number is the % of how wide to how tall the tire is. so 50 is 50% of ~205mm. the last number is the diameter of the rim.
      I was so confused, I know what all that means but I thought you meant that I'd need a 16" tire for some reason
      C6Z
      S2K
      VeloN

Comment

Doing a thing...

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

Originally posted by Toodaloo View Post
          Doing a thing...
          dammmmnnnn gurl
          i need me some of those.

Carson, i have to give you shit.
          Much wow
          I hate 4 doors

Comment

I appreciate your shit, it's a form of affection
            C6Z
            S2K
            VeloN

Comment

NOR-CAL General Chat.

dammmmnnnn gurl

i need me some of those.

I still have to figure out how to safely re-reel the main belts, I'll get to that over the weekend.

Sewed in the tag as well for extra OEM + points.

Excuse the PJ pants..

Looking at them side by side I did very comparable to original quality on the stitching. Only way to get it any better would be to have it laser stitched as it was done by the factory. I also added in one more row of stitches as an extra precaution. This part isn't visible since it's under the seat so I used it as practice. Very happy with the result!
              Last edited by Toodaloo; 04-28-2016, 01:03 PM.

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

Comment

Carson you should seriously come up to the Track Masters autoX at Sears Point next weekend. Tons of runs (we had one guy do 40+ runs at one event) and its pretty low key. There are a few people from the forum here who come out.

I can't officially give any instruction (track politics, no one can. Thank the owner of Simraceway. ), but I have been known to offer my opinion about things. You can ride along with other people and take people for rides.

Yeah its a bit of a haul from Monterey, but you could come up and camp out at the track. Its also not that bad of a drive early in the morning.

Will
                '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by Toodaloo View Post
                  I still have to figure out how to safely re-reel the main belts, I'll get to that over the weekend.

Sewed in the tag as well for extra OEM + points.

Excuse the PJ pants..

Looking at them side by side I did very comparable to original quality on the stitching. Only way to get it any better would be to have it laser stitched as it was done by the factory. I also added in one more row of stitches as an extra precaution. This part isn't visible since it's under the seat so I used it as practice. Very happy with the result!
                  Nice work. Did you get your wheel bearings done?

Will
                  '88 BMW M3

Comment

is this one of you guys?

Comment

Will, yeah that's that's a long drive and I don't own an S helmet yet and it's more expensive than that local ones here. I'd rather have my suspension done as well so that I can drive home with all the body parts and paint still remotely intact lol
                      C6Z
                      S2K
                      VeloN

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
                        Nice work. Did you get your wheel bearings done?

Will

Thanks Will, got them done a few weekends ago! Put myself through too many headaches with them and elongated the process more than I should have. Oh well. The e30 rolls smooth now

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
                          Carson you should seriously come up to the Track Masters autoX at Sears Point next weekend. Tons of runs (we had one guy do 40+ runs at one event) and its pretty low key. There are a few people from the forum here who come out.

I can't officially give any instruction (track politics, no one can. Thank the owner of Simraceway. ), but I have been known to offer my opinion about things. You can ride along with other people and take people for rides.

Yeah its a bit of a haul from Monterey, but you could come up and camp out at the track. Its also not that bad of a drive early in the morning.

Will
                          dammit, Im driving up to the Bay that weekend too, but the fiance wouldnt be too thrilled with me leaving her to go drive my car like a maniac. I need to hit up one of these events
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by CarsonE30 View Post
                            Will, yeah that's that's a long drive and I don't own an S helmet yet and it's more expensive than that local ones here. I'd rather have my suspension done as well so that I can drive home with all the body parts and paint still remotely intact lol
                            Yes its twice the price, but with the autoXs down that way, you get 4 perhaps 5 runs at most. Like I said, we have had people do 40+. Odds are you won't get that many, but I could see 20+. Its a ton of seat time. We also don't check helmets, we just want to see one that might be legal (I usually use a motocross helmet because its easier to talk to a passenger with it.)

If you run with the old suspension you can learn what you need to do with the new one so you know you have the right setup rather than taking shots in the dark. Since you are new to autoxing, the more seat time you can get the better.

Will
                            '88 BMW M3

Comment

Hey guys so i checked out a car yesterday im going to tell u guys all the issues and hope if you guys know an approximate price point for this car or if its even worth it.

-Repainted car from white to greyish blue
                              -gas gauge doesnt work (flux when driving back and forth)
                              -Exaust Clamp doesnt have a screw and nut to hold it up instead a rusty wire through the hole.
                              -hole in the exaust +cat doesnt work?
                              -doesn't pass smog (said because of cat) (I dont need smog i register cars in oregon)
                              -Dent in the passenger door with a small crack
                              -Windows dont work
                              -Signals dont work (lights work for the signals when i turned on the headlights)
                              -I can see many wires wherever i look
                              -no speakers or headunit
                              -Engine seems off to me with a ticking noise throughout throttling the car
                              -3 cracks in dash (not a big deal for me)
                              -engine bay was a little messy and i saw a little bit of sticky stuff on top of the engine casing
                              -needs rims and tires

Anyways there is a lot of bad with this car I didn't see rusting and for some reason i forgot to even check the fluids but if you guys can give me a rough estimate of what this is even worth for the current issues. He said he would sell it for $1900 but i think that may be high with all of the issues.

Thanks in advance

Comment

DaWildBeast,
                                we need year, model, miles, type of interior, etc
                                the cat is an easy fix,
                                there sounds like a short and or blown fuses for all the electrical
                                broken gas gauge could be many things. but find the shorts first.
                                $1900 is a good or bad deal depending on the car.
                                Much wow
                                I hate 4 doors

Comment

Working...
                                X