Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got back from spending a week in Peru. There were a surprising amount of E30s there! I saw a sweet Hartge early model zip past me going the opposite way. I also got the chance to see Diego's E30 M3 and the rest of his car collection, his cars are seriously nice!

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
    Transaction feedback
    - jpod999

Comment

i've swapped 4 cars. it takes about 15 hours your first time. and about 8-10 hours on your back in a driveway, if you know what you are doing.
      parts alone are getting hard to come by. it could run you 1000-2k for the entire swap parts.
      Much wow
      I hate 4 doors

Comment

even if you don't get decent deals on everything, you can still do the swap for under 1000.

trans - 300
        pedals - 50 at a yard, grab the master/slave/lines with them
        TOB + clutch kit + ebay flywheel - 400
        shift linkage + shifter - 40 to 100
        driveshaft - 100

if you pillage a junkyard car for everything, you could get it all for < 300. they're getting less common but you can still find junkyard cars. dropping a trans takes half an hour.
        cars beep boop

Comment

I have an almost complete 5spd swap sitting around, contemplating selling or buying an auto e30 and building a daily beater....
          IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
            I have an almost complete 5spd swap sitting around, contemplating selling or buying an auto e30 and building a daily beater....
            Oh shit, I totally forgot you had that. The S52 fell through, I'll take yours for sure, and if I don't, just shoot me
            C6Z
            S2K
            VeloN

Comment

Originally posted by CarsonE30 View Post
              Looks like someone tried to copy Toodaloo lol
              please man, a white e30 with 16" style5s... thats about as cookie cutter as it gets. toodooloo couldve copied neil*** who couldve copied *** who copied ***... :yawn:
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Yeah I want to get on that I want to see where this car will take me if I get the chance with it. Im gonna need to get a manual trans if im going to daily drive an e30 instead of my e46 because auto is boring

Comment

Originally posted by 2man View Post
                  please man, a white e30 with 16" style5s... Thats about as cookie cutter as it gets. Toodooloo couldve copied neil*** who couldve copied *** who copied ***... :yawn:
                  ... :(
                  past:
                  1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                  1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                  1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                  1985 323i baur
                  current:
                  1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Just checking to see if anyone local has a good condition/running m42 for sale. Mine jumped timing, so I rather start with a clean slate.

Thanks,

Joey

Comment

just get an s/m50
                      Much wow
                      I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                        just get an s/m50
                        That's my backup plan. My friends were kind enough to offer a 24v swap that's virtually ready to go. I already have one swapped/modified car, so if I can leave this car alone that'd be ideal, hence why I'm looking for another m42.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                          please man, a white e30 with 16" style5s... thats about as cookie cutter as it gets. toodooloo couldve copied neil*** who couldve copied *** who copied ***... :yawn:

I'm a copy cat.

But at least I copy well ;)

Thoughts? I think they can pass for original!

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

easy guis, my point was that theres a ton of people who rock the tried and true 16x8 style 5s. to say someone specifically copied someone else by installing those wheels would be a little silly. i mean have you looked in the "post your car on 16s thread" ?
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                              easy guis, my point was that theres a ton of people who rock the tried and true 16x8 style 5s. to say someone specifically copied someone else by installing those wheels would be a little silly. i mean have you looked in the "post your car on 16s thread" ?

Haha, I didn't mean to come off stubborn. Only joking around! I've seen the thread, littered with these wheels... They're definitely an easy go-to, and I only have them because I got a great deal! Can't say I don't like them though.

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

theres a reason why so many people do it. i hate cleaning BBS wheels so I will never rock them as long as I can
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X