Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AutoX is the funnest thing ever. The end.
    C6Z
    S2K
    VeloN

Comment

Nice! Very excited to go to upcoming events, should be throwing on the race/Bilstein setup this week ;D

Comment

Originally posted by AlonzoS View Post
        Nice! Very excited to go to upcoming events, should be throwing on the race/Bilstein setup this week ;D
        Sweet! Are you in the CCA?
        C6Z
        S2K
        VeloN

Comment

Originally posted by CarsonE30 View Post
          AutoX is the funnest thing ever. The end
          the last time i autox with cca, a guy got hit. i haven't gone back since. time and money are the reason but still it's in the back of my head. an e36 thought it was a mustang
          Much wow
          I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
            the last time i autox with cca, a guy got hit. i haven't gone back since. time and money are the reason but still it's in the back of my head. an e36 thought it was a mustang
            Whoa, really? I'd never heard of that, that'd put a damper on my enthusiasm for sure. For 50 bucks and hanging out with a bunch of friends with only a 5 minute drive there back, I couldn't complain at all. I beat the goal set by my instructor by 1.8 seconds on the very last timed lap so I was super happy. The course was brutal, it was "wall-e" if anyone is familiar, nearly symmetrical lay out, higher speed during the 2nd half and a decreasing distance slalom before a hard right onto the last straight. I never had to leave 1st gear and crossed the line at 7k a couple times, thanks WAR chip!
            C6Z
            S2K
            VeloN

Comment

Damn that early model looks good

Comment

Originally posted by DaWildBeast View Post
                Damn that early model looks good
                ;D it says thank you!
                C6Z
                S2K
                VeloN

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                  A corner worker or someone else? If it was a corner worker the organizer should be fired because the workers need to be in safe places. Either way, that sucks but the guy who got hit should've been more aware.

I like auto-x, and when I went I left mine in second so I could focus on hitting the apex and getting proper angle of exit. I was quite a big slower than most of the others out there but my own times improved by 10 seconds from start to finish.
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                    A corner worker or someone else? If it was a corner worker the organizer should be fired because the workers need to be in safe places. Either way, that sucks but the guy who got hit should've been more aware.

I like auto-x, and when I went I left mine in second so I could focus on hitting the apex and getting proper angle of exit. I was quite a big slower than most of the others out there but my own times improved by 10 seconds from start to finish.
                    Here's my time sheet! 69.632, 59.655, 58.349, 56.117, 56.402, DNF, 54.243.
                    C6Z
                    S2K
                    VeloN

Comment

Here's my time sheet! 69.632, 59.655, 58.349, 56.117, 56.402, DNF, 54.243.
                      You do AutoX with your automatic trans? Im a newb when it comes to racing things never heard of it until you guys started talking about it

Comment

You do AutoX with your automatic trans? Im a newb when it comes to racing things never heard of it until you guys started talking about it
                        I do! Not recommended at all but it worked!
                        C6Z
                        S2K
                        VeloN

Comment

You may also see it referred to as Autocross.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                          Transaction feedback
                          - jpod999

Comment

AutoX is the funnest thing ever. The end.
                            Marina is a good venue to race at. The concrete pad is epic for traction. The only downfall is getting heat in the tires. Most of the courses are squared off rather than having big flowing corners. That said, even if the corners look squared off, they can often (and should be) turned into big flowing corners anyway

As for running in 1st gear, depending on the gearing on the car, 2nd is a better bet. You lose time for every shift you make. I do my best to run everything in 2nd gear, and if its a really fast course, I'll use 3rd. Being pegged in a gear is usually slower than going up a gear however. The car is easier to drive at somewhat lower rpm. (If pegged at 7K rpm in 1st, running 2nd at 5K will make the car easier to drive, and produce a faster time) Also, short hard stabs on the brakes save time over rolling into them. Get on them, then off as hard and fast as you can. Its also advantageous to enter a tricky part of a course slow and build through it rather than entering fast and trying to slow down as it gets tighter. (Slow in, fast out ;) )

Good work with running for the first time. Its not as easy as it looks, and you will learn lots and become a better driver (everywhere, street and track, it doesn't matter) through doing it on a regular basis.

Will
                            '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                            '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                            '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                            '88 BMW M3

Comment

If anyone has a shoulder to cry on, I sure could use it.

C6Z
                              S2K
                              VeloN

Comment

Holy shit! You OK??

Sorry about the car!
                                2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                                95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                                98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Working...
                                X