This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to the Bay Area!

Make sure you don't call San Francisco, 'Frisco'.

;)

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
    Transaction feedback
    - jpod999

Comment

Thanks dude, I do love me some tacos. Strangely enough, I haven't had Mexican since Farmington, NM. Had some awesome Ethiopian last night though.

I'm stoked to see so many e30s and other cool old cars around. I seriously saw more e30s my first day here than exist in Richmond, VA. What's a good way to find out about car events and stuff happening around town?
      sigpic
      1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
      1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
      1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
        Thanks dude, I do love me some tacos. Strangely enough, I haven't had Mexican since Farmington, NM. Had some awesome Ethiopian last night though.

I'm stoked to see so many e30s and other cool old cars around. I seriously saw more e30s my first day here than exist in Richmond, VA. What's a good way to find out about car events and stuff happening around town?
        ID like to know to actually
        88 325is Five Speed
        Lachssilber

Comment

Look up "sfbay e30" on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1417...71460853706705

We used to have a local E30 forum but that went down years ago.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
          Transaction feedback
          - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
            Well I made it to Oakland. 3,300 miles of driving, but I got here. We moved into a place a couple of blocks east of Lake Merit, so if you see a late model Laguna coupe with VA plates cruising around, that's me.
            welcome. i just moved to Laurel district a few weeks ago so we're neighbors now, but i've been in the east bay for a few years.

http://www.therockincrawfish.com/ <- right near you. try this place and then the tap-room across the street for beer.
            past:
            1989 325is (learner shitbox)
            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
            1985 323i baur
            current:
            1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Who can do a 5 speed swap for me within the next few weeks?
              1987 325 Turbo

Comment

I might be able to, the first weekend of September. I've done a few for local guys.

My mk4 2.0 2001 jetta is for sale. Pm if anyone needs a well maintained daily.
                Last edited by Cabriolet; 08-18-2016, 02:19 PM.
                Much wow
                I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by iso_hi View Post
                  Who can do a 5 speed swap for me within the next few weeks?
                  Hey man just wanted to say I still have that calypso vert. Running strong. I've put a lot of work in. Hope your e30 is doing well
                  i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
                    sup

The weather here in Napa is pretty nice compared to Vegas right now :)

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

Originally posted by Toodaloo View Post
                      The weather here in Napa is pretty nice compared to Vegas right now :)

The sky is also blue.

Napa even in its hottest days is pretty much always better than almost any Vegas summer day. Hahah. Which summer usually last about 5-7 months here -.-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pantsless, are you coming back to Cali?
                        Much wow
                        I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                          Pantsless, are you coming back to Cali?

Not sure what the plan is yet. Depending on where Emerald lands her first gig we may. But that's not for at least another two years. Once she's done in two years she's gotta do clinicals some where, we may end up in Reno, Hawaii, or somewhere.

We wanna move to the pnw once were done in Vegas but nothing is set in stone and once she's done I've gotta figure out what I'm doing. The last thing I wanna do is end up living back at home so if we end up back in the bay or sac area we more than likely won't be in Napa, too pricey.

Comment

Why wait until she's done to figure out what you want to do?
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                              Why wait until she's done to figure out what you want to do?

Working two jobs, close to 70 hours a week, someone's gotta pay the bills! I can't afford school with either money or time at the moment. But I'm avidly looking for other career paths that allow me to teach myself or gain skills on the job. Applied for some local unions and associations of labor, unfortunately didn't get in. If I don't have a thing by the time she's out I'm gonna not work and just go to school.

Comment

So I have this really good condition and low mile oem 325i exhaust, full headers to muffler, that is just sitting. I do not want to sell it, just in case if I ever find a car that wont pass smog, I can slap this on and it'd be good to go. Instead of letting it sit and not get use I was thinking maybe I could rent it out to those who need a new system, but don't want to cough out the dough for it. You pickup, install, smog, remove, and return. Of course I can offer no guarantee, but I could offer it at a low price for the first one or two guys to show that it works.

Would anyone be interested in this?

Comment

Working...
                                X