X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NOR-CAL General Chat.

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
    Robert, Stephan, Andrei and 2 other e30 guys showed up at Sonoma today.
    was a fun day

Work was an canceled due to bad weather, so I made it out! I didn't realize that was Stephan.. I should have said hi. I had a great time, I hope they make this monthly.

just a fun lap. but the idiot in front of me still spun out.

I actually got to run three laps. Turn 6 was very slow throughout each lap, however I got to take almost every other turn reasonably fast (for my first time on the track) The whole back section from turn 7-10, was pretty quick. I think I saw the speedo climb to triple digits... everyone was doing it, so I just went with the flow.

The first lap was the fastest, then too many cars packed on the track and caused traffic.

I'm really tempted to get my e30 on the track, however seeing two cars stack up today alone made me reconsider.

I spoke to Nate from Works, and he advised that I don't take it on the track, and rather buy a beater to do so.
    I can't say I disagree!

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

track days have multiple run groups and lots of opportunities for coaching, so you shouldn't be too afraid of wadding up a car you like.

usually the wadded up cars I see at track days are in higher run groups where it's more likely that the driver's balls somehow end up between their foot and the brake pedal..
      cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by Toodaloo View Post
        Work was an canceled due to bad weather, so I made it out! I didn't realize that was Stephan.. I should have said hi. I had a great time, I hope they make this monthly.

I actually got to run three laps. Turn 6 was very slow throughout each lap, however I got to take almost every other turn reasonably fast (for my first time on the track) The whole back section from turn 7-10, was pretty quick. I think I saw the speedo climb to triple digits... everyone was doing it, so I just went with the flow.

The first lap was the fastest, then too many cars packed on the track and caused traffic.

I'm really tempted to get my e30 on the track, however seeing two cars stack up today alone made me reconsider.

I spoke to Nate from Works, and he advised that I don't take it on the track, and rather buy a beater to do so.
        I can't say I disagree!

Were you the one I said hi to? I was in the red e30

Comment

Originally posted by e30tru View Post

That was me, nice car man! I love red e30's :)

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

Comment

I have the blue one that was parked up there. but couldn't find you to say hi.
            Much wow
            I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
              at least a month

he had it up for 6500, and quickly changed it to "feeler", I'm assuming due to the barrage of "are you serious" emails.

I'm keeping an eye on it, but there's unfortunately not a ton there other than the BBS kit and 15x6.5 RS's.

He emailed me...

"Just so we don't waste each others time. This is a custom Widebody E30, I'm asking $8k as is. I've turned down many offers of $6k-$6.5k. As I work on the car, the price will obviously go up. Let me know if you have any questions."

So that's $8k for a beat non running ETA with BBS kit and RS's. Honestly, I was figuring he couldn't be asking more than $4k and maybe someone will snag it for $3k but he seems to be going the opposite direction.
              Last edited by reelizmpro; 11-06-2016, 11:36 PM.
              "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
              88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
              89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
              91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

lol. one of those "i know what i have" it's HUGE and everyone wants it. 2 years later still on CL.
                Much wow
                I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Toodaloo View Post
                  That was me, nice car man! I love red e30's :)

Right on man! Same to you. Feel like I've seen your car around before at other events around the bay

Comment

I have the blue one that was parked up there. but couldn't find you to say hi.

Blue mtech sedan?

Comment

Bummer sounds like it was a cool event. I should have gone.

People spin on the parade laps all the time. They also get booted from the event after doing so. Don't be a dumbass and spin on the parade laps. Sears Point is tricky when its wet, I doubt I'd even consider doing parade laps on that track when it was wet just because of stupid people spinning. Seriously, how do you explain getting taken out to your insurance company? Not worth it.

I've autoXed in the rain, done a racing school at Buttonwillow in heavy wet fog (might as well have been raining) but people who think they are mario andretti who have never actually had any track time, on a wet track scare the hell out of me. Heck, I've done 24 hrs of Lemons in the rain, but still, I want no part of clueless people on parade laps.

Will
                      '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                      '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                      '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                      '88 BMW M3

Comment

Blue mtech sedan?
                        just a blue sedan with gold wheels.

Will, it was dry all day yesterday
                        Much wow
                        I hate 4 doors

Comment

Right on man! Same to you. Feel like I've seen your car around before at other events around the bay

Ditto!

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
                          Bummer sounds like it was a cool event. I should have gone.

People spin on the parade laps all the time. They also get booted from the event after doing so. Don't be a dumbass and spin on the parade laps. Sears Point is tricky when its wet, I doubt I'd even consider doing parade laps on that track when it was wet just because of stupid people spinning. Seriously, how do you explain getting taken out to your insurance company? Not worth it.

I've autoXed in the rain, done a racing school at Buttonwillow in heavy wet fog (might as well have been raining) but people who think they are mario andretti who have never actually had any track time, on a wet track scare the hell out of me. Heck, I've done 24 hrs of Lemons in the rain, but still, I want no part of clueless people on parade laps.

Will

It was cool, definitely a wide variety you of cars and car people.

Comment

Andrei, do a track day at Thunderhill. There's actually run off room around most of the track.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                            Transaction feedback
                            - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
                              Andrei, do a track day at Thunderhill. There's actually run off room around most of the track.
                              Yuuuup. A couple coworkers have been getting into tracking this year and have given me some feedback as well on novice friendliness.

Thunderhill 3mi is probably the best for a novice's first few track days. Tons of runoff, great sight lines, wide track, plenty of clubs/instructors go there, and really affordable.

Buttonwillow is also pretty good, not a whole lot to hit but the track isn't as spread out as Thunderhill 3mi.

Laguna has a couple tricky corners (T6, remembering what tree to aim for in corkscrew) and some fairly close walls at T4 and T6, so probably not the best place to go as a newbie initially.

Sonoma has lots of walls, undulating track and elevation, blind corners, and little available instruction due to really asinine track policy. Definitely not a novice's track. Really really damn fun though.

tl;dr Come to Thunderhill! skip the 5mi or West course at first.
                              2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                              95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                              98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Im doing Streets of Willow this Saturday for my "first" Im not going to go to Laguna until I have a few days under my belt. I "parade lapped" the Ridge in the PNW and it has its own corkscrew and even at 40mph it was wild haha
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:
                                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                                X