X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    pretty sure this is for his probe, not E30
    You know me so well! Yes this is for my probe. I'm trying to decide at this point whether its worth while to just buy another stock car and smog/register it or try to get this thing back in the system despite its complete inability to pass an inspection of any kind... May depend on whether I still have an airbag for it.
    2003 Z4 3.0 6-speed- Silver, 19's, daily driver
    1990 Silver 325i- Lowered on H&R OE Sports, e90 drop hats, KYB shocks, color matched rocker panels, 16" Emortal RS wheels on 205/50/16 tires... Currently getting a full refresh including an S52 swap!
    1997 Black Ford Probe GT- Stripped to 2220lbs, MS3X, Forged motor in midst of assembly... Dyno results and 1/4 mile times pending

Comment

Hey guys, Just wondering if anyone had more info about rear subframe alignment. I have heard that from the factory the rear passager has more offset than the driver (closer to the fender) This could sum up why only the passanger side on two e30's ive had would rub more consistently. Both Have straight chassis.

Comment

Hilarious update if anyone cares. My 97 PGT that I hadn't registered in years (due to health issues... long story) and assumed was likely out of the DMV system...

Went to the DMV to check in on it and sure enough it IS still in the system. Phew. But how much do I owe in back registration? They ended up printing out like 12 pages of data from as far back as 2012, go through and all of it and add the numbers up.

I'm seeing enormous numbers like $712 and $650, and $420, which is quite frightening. After about 20 minutes of adding things up on paper and in her head (apparently my fate depends on the by-hand addition skills of a government employee) she gives me the verdict; "Now California has been garnishing your state tax returns to pay off some of this, but unfortunately they haven't been updating any of this in our system. So I added it all up and you owe $624...

But they've garnished $642 since 2012, so we OWE YOU $18!" So score! went from expecting to pay $600-$800 in back registration, to the government paying me to register the car!

So who has a hookup for a guaranteed test-only smog pass?
        2003 Z4 3.0 6-speed- Silver, 19's, daily driver
        1990 Silver 325i- Lowered on H&R OE Sports, e90 drop hats, KYB shocks, color matched rocker panels, 16" Emortal RS wheels on 205/50/16 tires... Currently getting a full refresh including an S52 swap!
        1997 Black Ford Probe GT- Stripped to 2220lbs, MS3X, Forged motor in midst of assembly... Dyno results and 1/4 mile times pending

Comment

Originally posted by dadsbmw View Post
          Hilarious update if anyone cares. My 97 PGT that I hadn't registered in years (due to health issues... long story) and assumed was likely out of the DMV system...

Went to the DMV to check in on it and sure enough it IS still in the system. Phew. But how much do I owe in back registration? They ended up printing out like 12 pages of data from as far back as 2012, go through and all of it and add the numbers up.

I'm seeing enormous numbers like $712 and $650, and $420, which is quite frightening. After about 20 minutes of adding things up on paper and in her head (apparently my fate depends on the by-hand addition skills of a government employee) she gives me the verdict; "Now California has been garnishing your state tax returns to pay off some of this, but unfortunately they haven't been updating any of this in our system. So I added it all up and you owe $624...

But they've garnished $642 since 2012, so we OWE YOU $18!" So score! went from expecting to pay $600-$800 in back registration, to the government paying me to register the car!

So who has a hookup for a guaranteed test-only smog pass?
          That's awesome! I owed something like $450 to get my M3 registered from out of state.

also whoever may have a hookup, use PMs. Don't broadcast that.
          2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
          95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
          98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Every once in a while you find a good DMV employee like that.

A few years back I was in between startups and needed tags to get to a job interview- the nice lady waived the late fees to help me out.
            past:
            1989 325is (learner shitbox)
            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
            1985 323i baur
            current:
            1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Hey norcal
              I miss you.

check out my new youtube page i started with a good friend of mine.
              this is our first upload, planning for many more!

<3 Pantless.

Comment

hey norcal
                I also miss you

but not because i want move youpube viewers
                cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                  hey norcal
                  I also miss you

but not because i want move youpube viewers

You're still in NorCal right? Lol.

Comment

yeah but i don't go outside
                    cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                      yeah but i don't go outside

I don't get to do anything. I've been working like 70 hours a week since May. :(

Comment

my last class final was yesterday. just have my solidworks term project to finish writing and im done with college.

who's got a junior ME job for me?
                        Much wow
                        I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                          my last class final was yesterday. just have my solidworks term project to finish writing and im done with college.

who's got a junior ME job for me?
                          Feels good doesn't it? If you haven't taken your FE exam, do it now while you still vaguely remember/despise heat transfer and fluids.

I'd help on the job front if I could, without grad school it's a no-go at my company. I can ask my brother at Lockheed if he knows any groups with open positions. Any idea what specifically you're interested in doing? (PM if you want)
                          2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                          95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                          98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Congrats Eric, that seemed to go quick
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                              Feels good doesn't it? If you haven't taken your FE exam, do it now while you still vaguely remember/despise heat transfer and fluids.
                              I second this. I've been out of school for about 4 years and am currently studying for the FE. I enjoy getting refreshed, but damn it's time consuming when I could be doing literally anything else.
                              sigpic
                              1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                              1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                              1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Thx guys, David my plan is to take it this winter after i study for it.
                                it does feel great to be done and it only took 23 months.
                                but i do now have ~100 behind a mill/lathe and we were on the news.
                                Much wow
                                I hate 4 doors

Comment

Working...
                                X