NOR-CAL General Chat.

In Boston

Anyone have a heater valve for sale?

Comment

Originally posted by ohthejosh View Post
      sup
      just drove my e30 more than i want to.
      ~2k miles and now my frig has tons of beer
      Last edited by Cabriolet; 07-12-2017, 09:33 PM.
      Much wow
      I hate 4 doors

Comment

If anybody needs struts and springs this guy is selling low mileage (he says 500) bilsteins (idk what kind) and eibach springs for $600. He also has an IS parts car but I feel like he's asking too much for it. His car is NOT an m tech 1 it's an IS
        https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/tls/6208424927.html

Comment

Does anyone in the Bay Area clean/flow test fuel injectors?

I'm ripping my hair out over my m30 car running too rich, and am running out of possible causes.
          sigpic
          1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
          1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
          1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
            Does anyone in the Bay Area clean/flow test fuel injectors?

I'm ripping my hair out over my m30 car running too rich, and am running out of possible causes.
            I'm not sure about the Bay Area specifically, but in the past I've used Mr. Injector out of Idaho. He has a pretty quick turnaround time. The other popular option is RC Engineering out of SoCal since they'll do 24 hour turnaround.

I read your other thread and was wondering if you have new m30b35 specific cats? I ask because my friend recently had to smog his m60 car (I think the post is a page or two back) and his car runs on the richer side with a stock ECU. After 2 years he had trashed his "new" cats and was very high on HC, so he had new ones welded in and passed with flying colors.

Comment

Originally posted by mtech325 View Post
              I'm not sure about the Bay Area specifically, but in the past I've used Mr. Injector out of Idaho. He has a pretty quick turnaround time. The other popular option is RC Engineering out of SoCal since they'll do 24 hour turnaround.

I read your other thread and was wondering if you have new m30b35 specific cats? I ask because my friend recently had to smog his m60 car (I think the post is a page or two back) and his car runs on the richer side with a stock ECU. After 2 years he had trashed his "new" cats and was very high on HC, so he had new ones welded in and passed with flying colors.
              Yeah, that was Jean, right? I read his thread at least 3 times trying to figure out how Motronic 1.3 works. I am currently using an OEM m20b25 cat that had about 190K miles on it. I also have an OEM m30b35 cat in my trunk with an unknown number of miles on it. So I could put in the bigger cat, and that would likely clean it up enough to pass, but it would be more of a bandaid to treat the symptom instead of the cause. Also, my Lambda value says my car is 0.898 and catalytic converters are only designed to clean up emissions in the 0.980-1.020 range, so I would likely ruin the cat.
              sigpic
              1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
              1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]

Comment

Interesting info on the o2 sensor and the lambda values. Unless the AFMs you've been trying are totally shot, or there's an aftermarket performance chip installed in the ECU, the only thing I can think of is the o2 sensor placement as you had mentioned in your thread.

According to RealOEM, the e34 535i has the o2 sensor placed just before the cat where the 2 pipes merge (just like an obd1 e36 6-cylinder). Compared to the m20, it seems the m30b35's o2 sensor sits farther downstream and looks to get a reading off both banks due to the piping merge. Maybe the placement of the o2 sensor is sensitive enough to throw your readings off.

As an experiment I don't think it'd cost very much to have a decent exhaust shop relocate your o2 sensor where the two pipes meet just before the cat. At least you'll be able to confirm if adjusting the placement works for sake of emissions readings before going through the BAR process.

Comment

Sup fellas.

Anyone know someone or has a trunk for sale for early model. Color doesn't matter because I'll be painting it but if its a Schwarts Black that would be sweet.
                  Last edited by thatblacke30; 07-13-2017, 07:22 AM.
                  1986 Schwartz Black 325es
                  2005 Alpine White E46 M3

Comment

Nice to see some familiar faces still here

Comment

i like pooping

Comment

Originally posted by thatblacke30 View Post
                        Sup fellas.

Anyone know someone or has a trunk for sale for early model. Color doesn't matter because I'll be painting it but if its a Schwarts Black that would be sweet.

I have one. Has a bunch of light dings and dents but if you're painting it that's the perfect time to do body work. Originally DS or maybe Delphin? Not sure.

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

This god damn e30 is gonna give me an aneurism

Comment

Not if you give it one first ��

Comment

Originally posted by $hane View Post
                              Not if you give it one first ��
                              This guy gets it.

Pants call me if you are having problems. I can walk you through a diagnosis.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
                              Much wow
                              I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
                                This god damn e30 is gonna give me an aneurism
                                Looks like we're gonna have a 2-for-1 goin on. The more I learn the less sense this m30 car makes to me.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X