X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
    Gorgeous car.

Track it yet? These cars come alive on track or at an autocross.

I get where you're coming from though. My stock E36 is a really nice car but it's also kinda meh compared to the wild insanity of the red car or the SS. Slightly modified and driven hard though, they're amazing machines. Not as visceral an experience as an E30, but they are so easy to drive fast(er). They also don't have the running costs of the E46....but in trade you get a much less interesting motor until you mod it heavily. A built S52 is pretty damn entertaining.

I haven't gotten it on the track yet. I'd like to do a few autocross' before I throw it into corners at 90mph. Most likely will start next season. I would have to agree. The s54 is a lovely motor, but seriously too expensive to maintain for a college student. At least, maybe if I didn't spend every last penny buying that e46M. Bavarian tuning here in the North Bay has an e36 track car. The guys at the shop stayed it made like 270-280 wheel on an s52 with every bolt on available. I'd like to get this car into that range, but it might just be easier with FI. I've seen a few used Dinan kits sell for less than $2500 (I'm pretty sure the rebuild kit is only a couple hundred bucks), so that's quite appealing.

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
    "I used to own a pretty nice e30" Now there is the understatement of the year. Your car was about as nice of an E30 as you can get. I'm sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the replacement(s). Is there any chance of you being able to buy your car back? If not, time to start over. At least this time you know what to look for, and what paths not to follow.

Will

I mean, like any 25 year old car; it had some imperfections. But at the stage of the build, the next steps would be too big to justify.
    I'm relatively close with the new owner and he welcomed to drive the car and what not. I'm first on the list if he decides to sell it as well. That being said, I would only buy it if I had the funds available and emotionally feel like I need it. I want to take a different approach with the next one, as I was pretty over the white.

Like you said, this time; the build process would have a bunch of short cuts considering that I've done it before.

Any of you guys sim nerds? Slapped this together yesterday. I need to make a few adjustments to get all the controls where I want them.

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

Originally posted by Toodaloo View Post
      Any of you guys sim nerds? Slapped this together yesterday. I need to make a few adjustments to get all the controls where I want them.
      Looks good! I used to be, but I haven't even booted up my gaming PC in months since I started traveling so much for work, and as much of my free time as possible was spent doing stuff outside. With colder weather on the way, I will probably fire it up soon though.

What titles do you run?
      Originally posted by kronus
      would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
        stumbled across this in the castro, anyone here?

That’d be me. Usually garaged but my reliable car hasn’t been reliable...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        For Sale Thread:https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...15#post4901315

Comment

My friend Avi's car. Used to be owned by another friend. This thing is gorgeous in person!

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.SpeedOrr View Post
            That’d be me. Usually garaged but my reliable car hasn’t been reliable...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            neat. hello

My friend Avi's car. Used to be owned by another friend. This thing is gorgeous in person!
            if it's the one I'm thinking of, yeah, it's real nice in person.
            cars beep boop

Comment

My wife and I saw a super clean Alpine plastic bumper sedan, lowered with Style 5s or something here in Livermore yesterday. Anyone on here?

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
              Transaction feedback
              - jpod999

Comment

Since when did salvage title etas start selling for 6k+?

besides the euro bumpers there is nothing of real value on the car
                Much wow
                I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                  Since when did salvage title etas start selling for 6k+?

besides the euro bumpers there is nothing of real value on the car
                  It’s not mashed up or on Joms, not ripped up to shit inside, and is all the same color on the outside. It’s a solid core, a great starting point for a pretty epic car.

I value that more than it having the less shitty 30 year old motor or a bit of foam on the trunk.
                  cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                    It’s not mashed up or on Joms, not ripped up to shit inside, and is all the same color on the outside. It’s a solid core, a great starting point for a pretty epic car.

I value that more than it having the less shitty 30 year old motor or a bit of foam on the trunk.
                    The fake wheels, shitty muffler+leak, mismatched keys, salvage title, no shots of engine so it must be leaking and no mention of rebuild, probably broken ac, and no mention of if it was painted right or wrong leaves much to be desired for a $6200 asking. I sold marco a awful paint 87 eta that was clean title and euro-bumpers for $1500.

yes it looks like a nice eta to me. but no where near 6200.
                    Much wow
                    I hate 4 doors

Comment

IM 99% sure this thread was about that car

pretty funny haha

edit: Also this tells me a lot about the seller
                      Originally posted by craigslist ad
                      Willing to trade for the following cars in manual transmission: Lexus IS300, E36 coupe, E46 330ci coupe, E90 sedan, and maybe an automatic GS300, clean 240sx
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

NOR-CAL General Chat.

Originally posted by cabriolet View Post
                        the fake wheels, shitty muffler+leak, mismatched keys, salvage title, no shots of engine so it must be leaking and no mention of rebuild, probably broken ac, and no mention of if it was painted right or wrong leaves much to be desired for a $6200 asking. I sold marco a awful paint 87 eta that was clean title and euro-bumpers for $1500.

Yes it looks like a nice eta to me. But no where near 6200.

$2500

However I did get payed out like $5000 from insurance when it got rear ended
                        Last edited by mbonanni; 11-19-2017, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
                          $2500

However I did get payed out like $5000 from insurance when it got rear ended
                          look at me not loosing money on that deal. lol.
                          that was an amazing car. it just needed paint and wheels.
                          Much wow
                          I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                            IM 99% sure this thread was about that car

pretty funny haha

edit: Also this tells me a lot about the seller
                            The thread appears to be from 2016... I don't think it's relevant to this eta.

Anyway, The car is very clean. Has a great paint job, and is far straighter than most of the clean title e30's I've come to know in the Bay Area. The car was rear ended a few years back; the bumper was effed, and the bottom of the rear valance received two symmetrical dimples that you'd only notice if you are very familiar with the early model rear end. The PO took the opportunity to euro bumper swap and respray the car. I'd take this car over a clean title ugly duckling at the same price point any day.

I can assure you that your assumptions about the seller are probably highly incorrect. He's into the drift scene, and thats what he likes. Simple as that. His drift car is better put together than some show cars, and he certainly isn't one to cut corners or do botchy work on his cars or projects. I've known him for over five years and stand by him and all of his projects... I cant say that about 90% of the guys on R3V...
                            Last edited by Toodaloo; 11-20-2017, 01:15 PM.

Comment

The thread appears to be from 2016... I don't think it's relevant to this eta.
                              Never question me....

Im just giving you a hard time.

but seriously.

never question me

My assumptions about the seller was that he was a drifter. Im correct again
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                              X