This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
    IIRC, and it's been a minute since I've worked on a new engine, those two round 4-wire plugs above the fuel injector harness are your O2 sensors. So numbers 1 & 2 go together. Number 3 is a vacuum line (for the fuel pressure regulator?).

Good luck, and fuck rats!

Please come over and bang my gf. Drink my beer. In other words THANK YOU Mcgyver

Comment

Originally posted by bastianshaw View Post
      Please come over and bang my gf. Drink my beer. In other words THANK YOU Mcgyver
      Hahaha, yeah.... my gf would have quite a problem with that. Good luck with the project!
      sigpic
      1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
      1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
      1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

So I made some Camber/Toe adjusters for my trailing arms and got some junkyard e39 eccentric bolts. I'm thinking my plates may be a little thick because the bolts only thread about 3/4 through the nuts (I'll get a pic later tonight).

Should a) tighten them and not worry, b) use the stock nuts w/ blue loctite, or c) ditch the stock nuts with the integrated washer and use a standard lock nut (crushed, not nylock)?

sigpic
        1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
        1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]

Comment

^blue loctite should be fine I think. Good lookin out on the e39 eccentric bolts. Didnt know they used those. You just saved me a good chunk of change.
          1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by wworm View Post
            ^blue loctite should be fine I think. Good lookin out on the e39 eccentric bolts. Didnt know they used those. You just saved me a good chunk of change.
            Yup, you want the long ones for use on an e30. There is one on each side of the rear e39 suspension, 18mm.
            sigpic

Comment

I think you only need 3 full threads to torque something to spec, so you should be more than fine with how it is now.

Comment

As it turns out, the subframe mounting points were slightly splayed out, leaving about 0.07" on each side of the TAB. Tightening the bolt pulled the sides in contact with the TAB making the end of the bolt flush with the nut. Problem solved.

All that shit's in, now I need to get the fucking diff bolted up. I spent about 45 min wrestling with it last night and got nowhere. I've done it before, but this time everything seems just a little shifted out of place.
                sigpic

Comment

^ how wide did you make the slot in your adjustment tabs?
                  1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Thanks for this rec, its right near my work.

Jose is working on things now. Then the PITA task of reinstalling. Not looking forward to it, but at least I dont have to take the windows out.

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
                    Mario's upholstery in Alameda. Bay Area legend. Good friends with my dad, we've been going to him for 20+ years.

Also @ Jerry - that is awesome.

Comment

Anyone recommend any custom exhaust shops? Prefer closer to south Bay Area. Need to change out a leaking muffler and possibly get all the piping better tucked under the car. I scrape on everything and I’m not even that low [emoji25]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ziggysmoov View Post
                        Anyone recommend any custom exhaust shops? Prefer closer to south Bay Area. Need to change out a leaking muffler and possibly get all the piping better tucked under the car. I scrape on everything and I’m not even that low [emoji25]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Go to Kwik Way Muffler on Kiely in San Jose. They are absolutely the best in the area with 50+ years in the business. You will not be disappointed.

Comment

poke
                          IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
                            poke

OMG Wh33lhop and now you ? :p
                            My CA legal M60 swap

The happening in our garage

Comment

Yo golde30, how old is that photo in your sig? 2009ish?

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                              Transaction feedback
                              - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by tinoe30 View Post
                                Go to Kwik Way Muffler on Kiely in San Jose. They are absolutely the best in the area with 50+ years in the business. You will not be disappointed.
                                Cheers! Will give them a visit when I get my cluster back from Bavrest ;D

Comment

Working...
                                X