Clear All

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    salvage title
    Didn't spot that

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
    Transaction feedback
    - jpod999

Comment

Steven- you getting ready of your mtech 2 front air dam?
      2003 Z4 3.0 6-speed- Silver, 19's, daily driver
      1990 Silver 325i- Lowered on H&R OE Sports, e90 drop hats, KYB shocks, color matched rocker panels, 16" Emortal RS wheels on 205/50/16 tires... Currently getting a full refresh including an S52 swap!
      1997 Black Ford Probe GT- Stripped to 2220lbs, MS3X, Forged motor in midst of assembly... Dyno results and 1/4 mile times pending

Comment

NOR-CAL General Chat.

I've got my refrigerator running! She was only banging on 4 cylinders when started up, so we checked ignition and found that all the plugs were sparking when made contact with a ground. Ergo not the problem. Checked compression and it was all good. We figured if there's spark, then there's no fuel. Swapped back to the stock injectors from the m50 rebuilds and it's running smoother and seems to be firing on all cylinders. It seems a little rough if you ask me though... It might just be because I'm not used to a cammed motor. I'll try and link the video for some more input. Also, one quick question for you all. After reinstalling the clutch slave (that I left connected/hanging) back to the transmission. My pedal is super light. Is it normal to have to bleed the system after after removing the slave from the bell housing? Granted it was hanging for a while... I didn't see any leaks or anything.

Ps: sorry for the vertical video. Trying to get the point across, not creating a film.
        Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

Originally posted by Toodaloo View Post
          I've got my refrigerator running!
          Ftfy
          C6Z
          S2K
          VeloN

Comment

Originally posted by CarsonE30 View Post
            Ftfy

Corrected. Thx

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

Originally posted by Toodaloo View Post
              Corrected. Thx
              C6Z
              S2K
              VeloN

Comment

Bay Area people:

I've been applying to all kinds of jobs out here and haven't had much luck, so I'm trying to find something that will make a little cash until I find the right job. I've been working on cars for the past 10 years and am great with my hands for all sorts of mechanical projects. I've done everything from modifying suspensions to swapping an engine out of a 7-series BMW into my 3-series. I'm handy with just about anything you could think of. I also have most of my tools with me including a drill, sawzall, angle grinders, impact, 110v mig welder, and lots of hand tools. It would be really nice to get out of the apartment to work with my hands and make a few bucks in the process.

Ultimately I'm looking to use my Mechanical Engineering and Physics degree to do some sort of CAD work (SolidWorks), preferably doing design work for an electric car company.

It would be really awesome if anyone could point me in the direction of some work or help me make some new connections out here.
                sigpic
                1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

GAS in Berkley is looking for techs.
                  cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                    GAS in Berkley is looking for techs.
                    Thanks, I'll talk to them tomorrow after I drop my gf off at cal. I have been trying to get something going at Moran Motorsport, but he isn't interested in more techs until his dealership license gets approved.
                    sigpic
                    1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                    1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                    1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

So a little more than month ago i posted on fb/rev/etc.. how my e30 got broken into and one of my sparco seats and sparco steering wheel got stolen. Took about a month for them to finally pay out...but only after i had to make my case for them not to total the car. Long story short the car wasn't salvaged and I got my money.

Then I get a call today from the insurance company (state farm) that due to my car having "racing" seats and "racing" steering wheel and a "racing" front stabilizer bar, my insurance won't be renewed come next month.

Do you guys know of a "mod friendly" insurance company that I can look into where I won't have to deal with the headache of them trying to value my car at 4K? Thanks

Comment

I can get you a job but it isn't in the car field... it's sales, customer service etc. It pays well if you get into it

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Originally posted by joonsup View Post
                          So a little more than month ago i posted on fb/rev/etc.. how my e30 got broken into and one of my sparco seats and sparco steering wheel got stolen. Took about a month for them to finally pay out...but only after i had to make my case for them not to total the car. Long story short the car wasn't salvaged and I got my money.

Then I get a call today from the insurance company (state farm) that due to my car having "racing" seats and "racing" steering wheel and a "racing" front stabilizer bar, my insurance won't be renewed come next month.

Do you guys know of a "mod friendly" insurance company that I can look into where I won't have to deal with the headache of them trying to value my car at 4K? Thanks
                          my buddys buddy (ahem) works there and his job is to literally screw people out of coverage. I would try progressive next

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Needs a is lip and a drop

Comment

why are you posting pictures of a mercedes, and not a 2002 with an ITB'd twin-cam
                              past:
                              1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                              1985 323i baur
                              current:
                              1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                                Why are you posting pictures of a Mercedes, and not a 2002 with an ITB'd twin-cam
                                I agree. We need more of this:

And less of 4dr ugly cars.
                                Much wow
                                I hate 4 doors

Comment

Working...
                                X