e30 only DYNO Day at RMS!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Stephen
    replied
    Oh all this talk reminds me, do you guys do compression tests? my engine is getting up there mileage wise...

    Leave a comment:


  • Stephen
    replied
    Originally posted by CleanAzzE30z
    I was there!!! As was my ///M3. It was pretty hard to miss seeing as when I arrived, I drove right up to the front of the shop.



    Mariano
    Sounds like i left too early :(

    Leave a comment:


  • robmespeedy
    replied
    Originally posted by E30_fiend
    So I only went once and just compared my results to the other cars. Luckily there was a completely stock i motor that ran, a stock motor with 19lbers and an M30 AFM then my car with all of that and the mark D chip. So realistically, that's what I wanted to compare and the only limiting factor is that all the modifications weren't change on one car so results varied.






    Taylor
    lol im the dude that ran the stock i.
    i know for a fact my motor has low compresion. highest cylinder is at 130psi lowest at 105psi.

    p.s. will be installing the Miller MAF conversion kit so Osh can do the before and after.
    Last edited by robmespeedy; 12-17-2008, 11:58 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Oshm
    replied
    supercharger coming... m50 swap will be fruitless

    Originally posted by kronus
    At least this establishes a baseline for me. :D

    Now I'll know just how much I'm gaining whenever the hell I take my balls out of my purse and go buy an M30.
    The M20 engine with a blower will be the end all upgrade for guys who want S52 power NASP. M30 is cool, but weight is very nose heavy. M20 much better weight distribution..

    Leave a comment:


  • Oshm
    replied
    clean injectors- good

    Originally posted by kronus
    @Crank:

    Cleaning injectors on old injectors will improve things if they are dirty but it will not completly fix the lean condition..if at all..


    @Wheels:


    Engine modifications:
    JimC/Turner chip
    IE shorty headers into full stock I exhaust
    I airbox

    I'm getting the injectors cleaned after New Year's, which should put a bit more gas into it and lower the AFR - it's running lean right now.

    Leave a comment:


  • Stephen
    replied
    Originally posted by kronus
    Nnnnope.

    Not sure why a chipped eta is making 10 less hp at the crank than a stock eta. Hopefully it is my injectors, because the engine only has 140K through it.

    Could the dual pipe exhaust be screwing me over more than helping me?

    ((the only other reasons I can think of is a sticky AFM or a TPS that's not sending the WOT signal...))
    I shouldve dyoned mine, i have the same chip, but not that exhaust...

    Leave a comment:


  • E30_fiend
    replied
    Originally posted by CleanAzzE30z
    What did Zaven put down?? I was thinking today that maybe I should have brought the eta and dynoed that. But then everyone would have bitched at me for not bringing the ///M3.


    Mariano

    I believe Zaven put down 187 at the wheels. Not a bad number at all.

    And Nigel, I may take you up on that.

    Leave a comment:


  • einstein57
    replied
    Taylor. You can always use my car a a base platform. We'll just need to compare our CRs. You can either pop you're ecu in my car or we can do a 2nd gear rolling start up to 50mph on a freeway on ramp.

    Leave a comment:


  • CleanAzzE30z
    replied
    What did Zaven put down?? I was thinking today that maybe I should have brought the eta and dynoed that. But then everyone would have bitched at me for not bringing the ///M3.


    Mariano

    Leave a comment:


  • kronus
    replied
    At least this establishes a baseline for me. :D

    Now I'll know just how much I'm gaining whenever the hell I take my balls out of my purse and go buy an M30.

    Leave a comment:


  • kronus
    replied
    Nnnnope.

    Not sure why a chipped eta is making 10 less hp at the crank than a stock eta. Hopefully it is my injectors, because the engine only has 140K through it.

    Could the dual pipe exhaust be screwing me over more than helping me?

    ((the only other reasons I can think of is a sticky AFM or a TPS that's not sending the WOT signal...))

    Leave a comment:


  • MR 325
    replied
    Shit, I thought it did more power than that, lol.

    Leave a comment:


  • kronus
    replied
    @Crank:


    @Wheels:


    Engine modifications:
    JimC/Turner chip
    IE shorty headers into full stock I exhaust
    I airbox

    I'm getting the injectors cleaned after New Year's, which should put a bit more gas into it and lower the AFR - it's running lean right now.

    Leave a comment:


  • E30_fiend
    replied
    Doooooo et!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • MR 325
    replied
    Originally posted by kronus
    I got my dyno results. Thanks.

    I'll post em up if you guys want to see what a chipped eta makes (and laugh at me)
    I was impressed with your numbers to be honest!

    Leave a comment:

Working...