San Jose - Free Used M42 Radiator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

San Jose - Free Used M42 Radiator

I also have a used M42 radiator + expansion tank for free. It has no leaks, no cap, no thermal switch, but it does have a new drain plug + o-rings since the old one was leaky. It is a Behr brand one, not the cheaper Nissins one that is known to leak. It also has the upper and lower hoses. Come get it if you want it.

(taken)
    If anyone local wants 7qts (OK, 6.8...I used a little to lube o-rings and send a sample out for tests) of Mobil 1 15W50 full synthetic, it is yours if you come get it. It is (obviously) not used and in its bottles still. I have changed lubrication strategies in my newly built engine, and it would be a shame to recycle this stuff. PM me if you want it. No I will not ship it lol.

(taken)
    Also up for free is a new Lamin-X kit for Euro lights and fog lights (6 covers total). It has the installation kit items and is nice and thick. I never got around to installing it, and I am just going to take my chances without it.

(taken)
    I also have a Garagistic rear strut brace. It is powder coated in black, never used and it is yours for $20.
    Last edited by bmwman91; 06-22-2020, 10:25 AM.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

I'm kinda interested in the oil, I could probably swing by tomorrow sometime. Thanks!

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
    1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
    1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
    1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
    1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
    1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
    Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
    1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
    1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

PM'ed

Comment

Pm'd about strut brace.

Comment

What oil are you using for the rebuilt engine?

Comment

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
            What oil are you using for the rebuilt engine?
            Bear with me...Quaker State Ultimate Durability 5W-30. There is now strong technical backing for this choice based on a random engineer who tests oils and posts the results on the web lol. Anyway, his methodologies are sound, he makes a strong case for running 5W-30 in basically any water cooled gasoline engine. Aside from that, QSUD 5W-30 is the 4th highest ranked oil in his tests with twice the performance of the Mobil1 15W50 I was using, at half the price. Sssquid Tuning has also said that they have seen engines run more efficiently with better oils as well.

I don;t recommend running 5W-30 on a high mileage stock E30 engine though. Mine is brand new and machined to better-then-stock tolerances, but an older one with wear might not be able to maintain sufficient pressure with oil that thin through a pump designed for thick stuff.

Also, the oil needs to be QSUD, specifically, not the Advanced Durability version. The AD stuff is shit and ranks low in the tests, and the QSUD 10W-40 is also not super great.

Comment

Any chance you have a spare t-shaped m42 ICV laying around?
              sigpic
              1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
              1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
              1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
                Any chance you have a spare t-shaped m42 ICV laying around?
                I don't unfortunately. However, user roguetoaster still has one or two for sale at a very reasonable price I think.

Comment

Working...
                X