• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dannyyisntt
    replied
    Originally posted by klodkrawler05 View Post

for reference its going into this!
    Did you get this car from a dude named Cory down in Ohio?

Leave a comment:

• CrazyJew89
    replied
    I didn't think so. I know your north just a bit, but it was just so strikingly similar I had to ask.

I found out that the 5-speed swap is out in Potsdam, NY, which is more than just a little bit out of your way. So I guess I'll be paying for shipping on that one.

Leave a comment:

• kesslerbmw
    replied
    Originally posted by CrazyJew89 View Post
    Will do. Hey, I was in Ypsi Saturday and saw a E34 530 that looked just like the red one in your sig. Was that you by chance?

Also, does anyone have any experience with a collision shop that knows how to repair classic BMWs. I had someone back into the E28 recently.
    No :( I live up in Rural MI not too far from Mt Pleasant. I have a good BMW friend in the Detroit area, I can ask him about the collision deal.

Leave a comment:

• CrazyJew89
    replied
    Will do. Hey, I was in Ypsi Saturday and saw a E34 530 that looked just like the red one in your sig. Was that you by chance?

Also, does anyone have any experience with a collision shop that knows how to repair classic BMWs. I had someone back into the E28 recently.
    Last edited by CrazyJew89; 11-03-2013, 08:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• kesslerbmw
    replied
    No Problem, lemme know.

Leave a comment:

• CrazyJew89
    replied
    Thanks for the awesome offer. I'll have to find out where it is first.

Leave a comment:

• kesslerbmw
    replied
    Originally posted by CrazyJew89 View Post
    Does anybody here have or know of a local M30 5-speed for sale with all of the bits to bolt it up to an e28? I'm looking at one that came up for sale out of state, but would prefer to do the local thing instead of shipping costs if possible.
    I'll be driving to St Louis, and Kansas City and back in the next month or so if the stuff is between here and there I'd be happy to pick it up for you. On my last trip from KC to home I took a whole M30 E34 trans swap from KC to Chicago for a buddy off bimmerforums.

Leave a comment:

• dannyyisntt
    replied
    Originally posted by klodkrawler05 View Post
    It's all yours Danny, I wound u snagging the one from M45 that E30 Wagen suggested!
    Cool thanks for the heads up!

Leave a comment:

• CrazyJew89
    replied
    Does anybody here have or know of a local M30 5-speed for sale with all of the bits to bolt it up to an e28? I'm looking at one that came up for sale out of state, but would prefer to do the local thing instead of shipping costs if possible.

Leave a comment:

• klodkrawler05
    replied
    Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
    I've got an S3.73, but I'm not sure if it's good. I can't seem to spin it as easily by hand compared to others. I'd let you try it out for free, and if it turns out to be good we'll make a deal.

edit: I know of a S3.73 in a junkyard near me, but it would need a cover as the ear broke off (I have one if you need it). It's at M45 autoparts, probably will want at least $150.
    Originally posted by dannyyisntt View Post
    I may be interested in it if he doesn't take it.
    It's all yours Danny, I wound u snagging the one from M45 that E30 Wagen suggested!

Leave a comment:

• klodkrawler05
    replied
    I've got an S3.73, but I'm not sure if it's good. I can't seem to spin it as easily by hand compared to others. I'd let you try it out for free, and if it turns out to be good we'll make a deal.

edit: I know of a S3.73 in a junkyard near me, but it would need a cover as the ear broke off (I have one if you need it). It's at M45 autoparts, probably will want at least $150.
    I'd certainly be interested in checking out your S3.73 as well to see if we can figure out why its so tough to spin!

I'll check out M45 as well, I've got a good cover with aluminum diff mount already installed so I was planning to have to swap my cover anyways!

Thanks for the heads up!

Leave a comment:

• dannyyisntt
    replied

I may be interested in it if he doesn't take it.

Leave a comment:

• E30 Wagen
    replied

Leave a comment:

• klodkrawler05
    replied
    hmm I'll keep that in mind! I've got a welded 2.93 as a back up currently but the 3.73 would be a favorable ratio!

Leave a comment:

• dannyyisntt
    replied
    I have a welded 3:73 laying around. Not ideal for what your doing tho

Leave a comment:

Working...
X