Clear All

• Potterb-e30
    replied
    Interesting

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by elcoy View Post
    Where in Kzoo? We are about 45 mins north of there, but I can always use an excuse to go to Bells Brewery.
    PM sent

Leave a comment:

• elcoy
    replied
    Where in Kzoo? We are about 45 mins north of there, but I can always use an excuse to go to Bells Brewery.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Trying to get something from Kalamazoo/ Mattawan... anyone in that area that can help facilitate something? It involves a large chunk of metal lol and all I need are a few items that will fit in a flat rate box

Leave a comment:

• dishwab
    replied
    Any Detroit-area locals have a known working alternator that I can borrow to help narrow down my charging issues? I need an 115A or 140A alternator for an M30B35 from an E34 or E32. It would be much appreciated!

Leave a comment:

• mjimport
    replied
    Bump for Euro Hangar tomorrow ! There's going to be an S14 2002 that's pretty solid. Check it out if you can.

Leave a comment:

• dishwab
    replied
    Looking for a 3.25 or 3.23 LSD if anyone around SE Michigan has one for sale.

I've got an S3.73 in my car with around 150k miles if someone would be looking to trade instead of an outright sale

Leave a comment:

• dannyyisntt
    replied
    Originally posted by elcoy View Post
    Anyone in MI have a M20B25 they want to sell?

Try talking to Jake from classic daily. He's usually got what people need. http://www.classicdaily.net

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Leave a comment:

• elcoy
    replied
    Anyone in MI have a M20B25 they want to sell?

Leave a comment:

• dishwab
    replied
    Anybody recognize the early model in this pic? I came across my car's older brother while going for a nice fall drive today.

This was taken in Stockbridge, MI this afternoon. Looked like some sort of Porsche group thing was taking place as well, there were tons parked all over this little town.

Leave a comment:

• dishwab
    replied
    Originally posted by mybimr View Post
    I've had this on two of my e30's. Unfortunately, I've used my only spare. But you can revive them in a pinch. They can be disassembled if you're careful. The problem is that there is a flat piece of sheet metal "finger" that slides over a coiled wire loop...the potentiometer. I've had success cleaning with electronic parts cleaner, sliding a piece of sandpaper under the finger to scuff it up, and gently bending the finger a little so that it has more spring pressure against the coil. I did that on one, and it's still going strong a few years later.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    The odd thing is that I've switched two in over the past couple months, and both times they functioned the exact same: the lights would turn on correctly BUT the dimmer function had no effect. Now, out of the blue, they are dead entirely. That leads me to believe it isn't actually the switch itself but something else in the circuit. Hoping to use a switch just for troubleshooting purposes mostly, and if it fixes things I'll be pleasantly surprsied.

Danny - if I can't figure this electrical nonsense (plus my seemingly dead AC compressor) out, I may be swinging by your neck of the woods soon to get some help from Jake.

Leave a comment:

• mybimr
    replied
    I've had this on two of my e30's. Unfortunately, I've used my only spare. But you can revive them in a pinch. They can be disassembled if you're careful. The problem is that there is a flat piece of sheet metal "finger" that slides over a coiled wire loop...the potentiometer. I've had success cleaning with electronic parts cleaner, sliding a piece of sandpaper under the finger to scuff it up, and gently bending the finger a little so that it has more spring pressure against the coil. I did that on one, and it's still going strong a few years later.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• dannyyisntt
    replied
    I have one laying around someplace but I'm up north

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• dishwab
    replied
    Anybody in Metro Detroit have a spare headlight switch I could borrow? All of my dash and cluster lights mysteriously went dead, and I'm trying to figure out what the hell is going on

Let me know, thanks

Leave a comment:

• dishwab
    replied
    Anyone in Metro Detroit know where I can get my fenders rolled? I just installed 12mm spacers with my Ronal LS and they rub slightly on heavy bumps...

thanks

Leave a comment:

Working...
X