For Gods Sake Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JA1991 View Post
    lol^ i'm not sure if i want to take it out in the snow yet. I think i might buy an ix for a winter car and maybe attend some rally races
    If its clean and rust free, don't drive it in the snow. One of my best buys has been my rusty trusty ix. I can't express how solid they really are in the snow. Get some snow tires and you'll have troubles finding weather you can't handle in lower michigan.
    sigpic

Comment

It only has 3 spots of rust, 1spot on each of the rear pop out windows and a little bubble on the sunroof. Other than that it's clean. That's why i'm thinking an IX might be the way to go
      Originally posted by dannyyisntt View Post
      If its clean and rust free, don't drive it in the snow. One of my best buys has been my rusty trusty ix. I can't express how solid they really are in the snow. Get some snow tires and you'll have troubles finding weather you can't handle in lower michigan.

Comment

Solid advice. Hell even my is had very little problems getting around in the UP last winter, it's all about the tires.

But yes, if it's rust free, do yourself a favor and keep it that way, rust just sucks to deal with.

Comment

I guess I wont be making it then lol. I have a rust free e28, and its my only car.

BUY MY WHEELS! BBS E50s!!
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=275407

Originally posted by Lurker27
          Any man will tell you being blown is better than being stroked.

Comment

Originally posted by 86 325e View Post
            I guess I wont be making it then lol. I have a rust free e28, and its my only car.
            If your in Michigan and its your only car, it'll only stay rust free for so long.
            sigpic

Comment

If your in Michigan and its your only car, it'll only stay rust free for so long.
              True, but I am dorming, which means, the car can chill in the covered lot, and it wont see the snow.

Comment

True, but I am dorming, which means, the car can chill in the covered lot, and it wont see the snow.
                Waaaiiitttt just one minute, where do you go to school???

Comment

U of M - Flint

Comment

U of M - Flint
                    No shit! LMFAO, friend of mine is going there now, and literally sent me a pic of your car today because she knew I would like it. Talk about timing.

Comment

Lmao, really? It has it fair share of minor problems, that I plan on fixing in that lot LOL. I replaced my fuel pump and filter in that lot already.

Comment

Doesn't even need to be an ix, just made sure you have an LSD. I've been driving my IS in the snow for 3 years now. All of which on bald or shitty tires and have had almost no trouble getting around, even when the roads aren't plowed.
                        '87 5-speed 325is
                        The best $750 I ever spent!

Are you in Michigan?
                        Do you want to know where all the E30's are?
                        Try checking out the Michigan E30 Map

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyJew89 View Post
                          Doesn't even need to be an ix, just made sure you have an LSD. I've been driving my IS in the snow for 3 years now. All of which on bald or shitty tires and have had almost no trouble getting around, even when the roads aren't plowed.
                          An LSD is a must have for a non awd e30 in the winter. Plus throw a bag of kitty litter in the trunk for weight/traction if need be. Tho you guys further south get less snow then the areas I find myself in during the winter months.

I think we should definitely get a couple meets scheduled and just stick to it. Eventually people will come if we keep having them. Seems like this thread has a little life in it for the first time in a while and I'm sure we can get more people even if they don't drive BMW's.
                          sigpic

Comment

An LSD is a must have for a non awd e30 in the winter. Plus throw a bag of kitty litter in the trunk for weight/traction if need be. Tho you guys further south get less snow then the areas I find myself in during the winter months.
                            LSD and good tires is all you need. I spent last winter in the UP where they normally get 250-300 inches, and I never had an issue. Except with the car being too much fun lol.

I think we should definitely get a couple meets scheduled and just stick to it. Eventually people will come if we keep having them. Seems like this thread has a little life in it for the first time in a while and I'm sure we can get more people even if they don't drive BMW's.
                            Sounds like a good idea to me. Maybe once a month or something? We'll have to figure out some location somewhat central for everyone to meet.

Comment

Hey guys! I am moving home next may from San Diego. I would love to help put together some activity. Also are there any good car shows or meets that happen? I heard about eurohanger and wish I could have gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Nsquared97 View Post
                                Sounds like a good idea to me. Maybe once a month or something? We'll have to figure out some location somewhat central for everyone to meet.
                                Lansing is sort of a half way for flint and grand rapid guys. There's also owosso, st johns and mt. Pleasant.

Once a month sounds good to me. Important part is to keep it regular regardless the turnout, so we can get some people to start coming out.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X