For Gods Sake Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CrazyJew89 View Post
    Will do. Hey, I was in Ypsi Saturday and saw a E34 530 that looked just like the red one in your sig. Was that you by chance?

Also, does anyone have any experience with a collision shop that knows how to repair classic BMWs. I had someone back into the E28 recently.
    No :( I live up in Rural MI not too far from Mt Pleasant. I have a good BMW friend in the Detroit area, I can ask him about the collision deal.

//92-525i5//95-540i6//

Comment

I didn't think so. I know your north just a bit, but it was just so strikingly similar I had to ask.

I found out that the 5-speed swap is out in Potsdam, NY, which is more than just a little bit out of your way. So I guess I'll be paying for shipping on that one.
      '87 5-speed 325is
      The best $750 I ever spent!

Are you in Michigan?
      Do you want to know where all the E30's are?
      Try checking out the Michigan E30 Map

Comment

Originally posted by klodkrawler05 View Post

for reference its going into this!
        Did you get this car from a dude named Cory down in Ohio?
        sigpic

Comment

Say no to front plates!!!

We Michigan drivers wholly oppose the proposed bill to require front license plates on cars. Front plates have a significant negative effect on a vehicles aesthetic appeal and require damaging modifications to the vehicle's front paneling. This proposed legislation would also increase the already very high cost of owning and operating a vehicle in Michigan. As citizens of the automotive Capital of America, we demand the immediate removal of Michigan Senate Bill 654 from consideration.

BUY MY WHEELS! BBS E50s!!
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=275407

Originally posted by Lurker27
          Any man will tell you being blown is better than being stroked.

Comment

^^^ Signed. Fuck that noise!

Does anyone local to the Detroit area have a sparco strut bar and might be willing to let me test fit it on my E30? I want to order one but I'm not sure it will fit with my M30 swap. I can provide beer and/or kisses, whichever you prefer

Comment

Originally posted by dannyyisntt View Post
              Did you get this car from a dude named Cory down in Ohio?
              Sure did, but he moved to Detroit a while back.
              -Brad
              My E30: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...50#post3916850

Comment

Originally posted by klodkrawler05 View Post
                Sure did, but he moved to Detroit a while back.
                Ah, well nice pick up man. Seemed like a nice car when I knew the kid.
                sigpic

Comment

Any of you guys within a few hours of Detroit have a lead on a good running engine? Need to go back to the M20 for ChumpCar next season and I'd like to have a known good runner to put in the car.

Looks like I'll have a decent M50 and all the related bits for a swap as well. just need to piece a motor together.
                  Ben
                  Thelma-Louise, the '88is Chump Car - back to M20 power!

2014 ChumpCar Season Schedule!
                  April 5-6 Autobahn, IL - Sat: 1st! Sun: 3rd
                  May23-25 Watkins Glen, NY: 4th, 5th, 4th
                  October 4 PittRace Sprints: 2nd in C-class
                  October 18-19 NCM, Bowling Green KY: 2nd, 1st!
                  Nov 1-2 Watkins Glen - Chumpionship - 1st car to exit the race with significant body damage :(

Find us on FB! Schaut Speed Motorsports

Comment

What happened to the M50 swap, did they change the rules on you?

My best suggestion is to get a hold of Charbel.
                    '87 5-speed 325is
                    The best $750 I ever spent!

Are you in Michigan?
                    Do you want to know where all the E30's are?
                    Try checking out the Michigan E30 Map

Comment

someone is peddling m20 on CL

Comment

SoG - I saw the one in Highland that is in pieces, emailed the guy. Is that someone on here???

Ben - 2 reasons why I'm going back to M20

1 - yeah, they changed the rules. Base value is now $450, up quite a bit from the ~324 I have my AIV down to. AND they changed how swaps get valued, where/how the $ gets applied. All said and done, if I ran the car exactly how I did at MIS with the M50 in it (which was awesomely fun, BTW), my team would be starting a basic 7 hour race with something like 24 laps. M50 certainly helps with the power, but not that much!

2 - motor is out of the car already. Needs new pistons, maybe freshen up the bores. The engine was a complete tear-down, all new bearings, seals, etc. Freshened head, ARP bolts, baffled pan, etc. My 3rd driver (guest/friend, first time he'd run the car) money shifted on the oval: 4 -> 3 instead of 4 -> 5. M50s do NOT like to rev up to 9k.... bent every single exhaust valve, a few intake. messed up all the pistons too. We cleaned up the pistons best we could and put a spare head on (luckily I had already removed it from the spare engine) and started Sunday, but apparently broken ring-lands from Sat pushed all the oil of out the engine in a rather spectacular fashion (incidentally, same driver...). That engine ran for ~5 hours before it was done..... part of racing but it still sucks. Especially since we were sitting in 2nd or 3rd when it happened, both days.

M50 makes the car more fun, but I still want a chance (even if its much smaller now) to win, or at least make podium. I have plans up my sleeves (and pants) to help minimize lost speed, but I have to go back to the M20 if I want to see the podium again.
                        Ben

Nov 1-2 Watkins Glen - Chumpionship - 1st car to exit the race with significant body damage :(

Comment

Photos were taken with a potato, but this looks to be a really nice local example

Comment

Originally posted by NigelStu View Post
                            SoG - I saw the one in Highland that is in pieces, emailed the guy. Is that someone on here???

Ben - 2 reasons why I'm going back to M20

1 - yeah, they changed the rules. Base value is now $450, up quite a bit from the ~324 I have my AIV down to. AND they changed how swaps get valued, where/how the $ gets applied. All said and done, if I ran the car exactly how I did at MIS with the M50 in it (which was awesomely fun, BTW), my team would be starting a basic 7 hour race with something like 24 laps. M50 certainly helps with the power, but not that much!

2 - motor is out of the car already. Needs new pistons, maybe freshen up the bores. The engine was a complete tear-down, all new bearings, seals, etc. Freshened head, ARP bolts, baffled pan, etc. My 3rd driver (guest/friend, first time he'd run the car) money shifted on the oval: 4 -> 3 instead of 4 -> 5. M50s do NOT like to rev up to 9k.... bent every single exhaust valve, a few intake. messed up all the pistons too. We cleaned up the pistons best we could and put a spare head on (luckily I had already removed it from the spare engine) and started Sunday, but apparently broken ring-lands from Sat pushed all the oil of out the engine in a rather spectacular fashion (incidentally, same driver...). That engine ran for ~5 hours before it was done..... part of racing but it still sucks. Especially since we were sitting in 2nd or 3rd when it happened, both days.

M50 makes the car more fun, but I still want a chance (even if its much smaller now) to win, or at least make podium. I have plans up my sleeves (and pants) to help minimize lost speed, but I have to go back to the M20 if I want to see the podium again.
                            I have an M20 that runs, it needs a water-pump/T. belt but it starts right away. I can do trades for:

E34 pan and related parts.
                            E36 driveshaft

Comment

Originally posted by dishwab View Post
                              Photos were taken with a potato, but this looks to be a really nice local example

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/cto/4232533199.html
                              That's a long drive for me, but man I wish I had seen that a few days ago; just bought another early model eta that isn't half as nice.
                              My Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by franky2fingaz View Post
                                I have an M20 that runs, it needs a water-pump/T. belt but it starts right away. I can do trades for:

E34 pan and related parts.
                                E36 driveshaft

details on why it needs a water pump and timing belt? I'm not interested in an engine that has had any possibility of overheating or valve/piston contact...
                                Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X