No announcement yet.

For Gods Sake Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, that sounds like quite the spectacular end to that motor. I'm curious what plans/tricks you have up your sleeve. My e30 caught fire, deformed the timing belt, skipped a couple teeth, and hit the exhaust valves. So now I'm slowly starting to research and do an NA build.
    '87 5-speed 325is
    The best $750 I ever spent!

Are you in Michigan?
    Do you want to know where all the E30's are?
    Try checking out the Michigan E30 Map

Comment

So I'm trying to finish up my M30 swap and am having issue with both fuel and spark. The engine is cranking strong, but there is no spark. The fuel pump wasn't priming but we figured that out - now the problem is the injectors. 4/6 of them are stuck open. I have a hard time believing all 4 of them failed at once, and that it is a wiring issue causing it.

Does anybody closeish to Ferndale have some spare injectors for me to try that would fit the engine? Or any suggestions on what might be causing these issues?

Thanks and Merry Christmas, fellow Michiganders!

Comment

This is your lucky day. I recently swapped my M30 over to design IIIs and have all 6 of the working design IIs chilling in my trunk. You are more than welcome to borrow them for diagnostics if you want.
        '87 5-speed 325is

Are you in Michigan?

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyJew89 View Post
          This is your lucky day. I recently swapped my M30 over to design IIIs and have all 6 of the working design IIs chilling in my trunk. You are more than welcome to borrow them for diagnostics if you want.
          Damn that's awesome, a true festivus miracle. PMed you

Comment

Any of you guys need some M50 stuff? Or E36 stuff? I figured I'd put this up here to get some local interest with local pick-up before trying to deal with shipping big heavy things.

Have a good, clean block M50B25 block out of an E36 with good crank and ~fresh bearings (10 hours). No head, no oil pump and no pistons/rods. Would make an excellent starting point for a real engine build.

VAC Stage 1.5 non-vanos head, with a bunch of bent valves. Upgraded to 6 mm valve stems, S50 valve springs. Should be rebuild able with new guides/valves.

ARP headstud kit, Cometic MLS gasket - both used but still usable.

Also have a complete M50 that is almost ready to run, just needs new head bolts to go with the new head gasket - This one is out of an E34 AT car, so has the right pan, pump, pickup etc needed for an E30 swap.

Also have other bits (except for head/pistons) to complete the engine pictured for a swap, including an extra E34 pan with VAC baffle installed, modified intake manifold for clearance to brake booster, etc.

And then there is all the E36 suspension / drivetrain stuff. Full rear suspension, most of the front suspension, diff, trans, etc.

All monies from sales go to rebuilding the ChumpCar and bringing glory to the R3V community! Race season is officially less than 90 days away, looking to free up space and collect monies I need to put a new engine together.

Last edited by NigelStu; 01-06-2014, 11:05 AM.
            Ben
            Thelma-Louise, the '88is Chump Car - back to M20 power!

2014 ChumpCar Season Schedule!
            April 5-6 Autobahn, IL - Sat: 1st! Sun: 3rd
            May23-25 Watkins Glen, NY: 4th, 5th, 4th
            October 4 PittRace Sprints: 2nd in C-class
            October 18-19 NCM, Bowling Green KY: 2nd, 1st!
            Nov 1-2 Watkins Glen - Chumpionship - 1st car to exit the race with significant body damage :(

Find us on FB! Schaut Speed Motorsports

Comment

I've got an S50 with a fresh cylinder head, and lots of new parts, and the associated parts to put into an E34, including red label 314, accessories, flywheel and clutch etc etc If anyone in interested.

Was going to stick it in my 525 but haven't ever gotten around to it, and I'm picking up another 540i6 so there kinda isn't a point in me swapping it.

//92-525i5//95-540i6//

Comment

I'm from saginaw. Just joined. Anybody around my area wanna meet up. Me and my buddies 325is and 325iX need some friends.

Comment

Originally posted by e30nickMI View Post
                  I'm from saginaw. Just joined. Anybody around my area wanna meet up. Me and my buddies 325is and 325iX need some friends.
                  I live over in Essexville. Also have a 325ix and a few others. I'd be down for a meet sometime
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dannyyisntt View Post
                    I live over in Essexville. Also have a 325ix and a few others. I'd be down for a meet sometime
                    I'm down in the Kalamazoo area, grey 325iX, only seen two other e30's in the area.
                    sigpic

Comment

My 325ix is grey as well. I'm surprised you haven't seen more e30s down your way. Could have sworn there was a good amount of e30 people around kzoo
                      sigpic

Comment

Seems like theres always a few for sale on Kalamazoo craigslist lol!

I'm over near Lowell/Clarksville if you ever come more westbound, hopefully I'll make some of the local cars and coffee/sonic meets this year.
                        -Brad
                        My E30: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...50#post3916850

Comment

What's new people?
                          sigpic

Comment

Put the E28 through it's first rallycross two weeks ago. Got first in class, but desperately need some new winter tires.
                            '87 5-speed 325is

Are you in Michigan?

Comment

Nice man! That was probably pretty exciting
                              sigpic

Comment

it's cold over here
                                My Feedback

Comment

Working...
                                X