No announcement yet.

For Gods Sake Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not me, but I will say I'm not terribly surprised you snapped a rocker arm. It's one of the first things I have heard go out when racing. I had one snap while on the freeway last summer, it wasn't too bad of a job but I did have to pull the head.
    '87 5-speed 325is
    The best $750 I ever spent!

Are you in Michigan?
    Do you want to know where all the E30's are?
    Try checking out the Michigan E30 Map

Comment

Just rebuilt my injectors and finished a little more cleanup work on my intake this weekend. Also installed the seals on the new head and started prepping it for install in the next few weeks/months. I must have this car 100% road ready when the first nice days of spring come through. After three years of my 69 Triumph sitting in the garage and the wife not being able to take it out this BMW must be ready to go since she can finally drive (auto) the converitible we own.

Since the asshat I bought the car from did 1/2 teardown trying to figure out what was broken in the head I will likely have some questions here in the next few months while trying to reconnect things that have never been hooked up since I bought the car.
      2011 JGC daily, 1985 944

Comment

If you run into trouble let me know. I could always come over and help out. Best of luck.

PS: Think about valve lapping if you aren't getting the valves re-ground.
        '87 5-speed 325is

Are you in Michigan?

Comment

The head I got has all new valves, seats, guides, the springs were checked and within spec and all new seals. Got a great deal so I coudln't pass up something completely rebuilt.
          2011 JGC daily, 1985 944

Comment

Very nice, good luck w/ the install
            '87 5-speed 325is

Are you in Michigan?

Comment

For anyone that is free this weekend I have put together a MI meet. Check out the thread: http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109355
              '87 5-speed 325is

Are you in Michigan?

Comment

So, I'm new to Michigan, I moved up here from Kansas City, MO a little over a month ago to take over a family business, and I'm already missing my BMW crew back in KC. I live in Central Michigan but do work all over the state except for Detroit and Flint. I've got a ton of extra M50 style motor parts, E34 Parts and and even more parts that haven't even made it up here from KC yet. I'm looking forward to meeting some of you guys if any BMW guys are on here from this area.

I saw this car today in a driveway next door to a house I did a bid on, I've got to see if this guy is a true BMW guy and by looking at it, I figured he was, Smiley's suspension etc.. Considering the lack of modified BMW's I've seen since I've been here, I was a little happy inside to see this gem.

Looking forward to meeting some peeps up here, and I'm really looking forward to hitting up Grattan this spring with the 540i6 and maybe even the mini countryman in the garage.

//92-525i5//95-540i6//

Comment

Welcome to the Great Lake State! I'm a relatively new E30 owner having just bought my '87 in July of this year, but it's a helluva car (e.g built motor, M3 hubs, konis, headers, etc.) and I'd welcome the opportunity to connect to other motorheads.

Where in Central Michigan are you? How often do you get to the Detroit area? Have you checked-into our local BMW CCA group (www.motorcitybmwcca.org) yet? They do fair number of get togethers including several track-days which might be fun.

Let's stay in touch. Although my car is going into storage soon it's never too early to plan for Spring. :)

Comment

I live near Stanton, MI, but do work all over the state except Detroit and Flint area's. I spend a lot of time in Mt Pleasant, and Grand Rapids. I'm not too far from Grattan though. That picture I posted was taken in NE Grand Rapids area.

//92-525i5//95-540i6//

Comment

Gingerman does weekday evening test-n-tune events also; cheap with lots of track time available. I plan on heading out that way a few times next year for some testing with the Chump Car.
                      Ben
                      Thelma-Louise, the '88is Chump Car - back to M20 power!

2014 ChumpCar Season Schedule!
                      April 5-6 Autobahn, IL - Sat: 1st! Sun: 3rd
                      May23-25 Watkins Glen, NY: 4th, 5th, 4th
                      October 4 PittRace Sprints: 2nd in C-class
                      October 18-19 NCM, Bowling Green KY: 2nd, 1st!
                      Nov 1-2 Watkins Glen - Chumpionship - 1st car to exit the race with significant body damage :(

Find us on FB! Schaut Speed Motorsports

Comment

Originally posted by NigelStu View Post
                        Gingerman does weekday evening test-n-tune events also; cheap with lots of track time available. I plan on heading out that way a few times next year for some testing with the Chump Car.

oooooooooo That looks like it could be promising... Thanks for the heads up!

//92-525i5//95-540i6//

Comment

Welcome to Michigan. Hope your ready for the ridiculous weather season we call winter.

I'm in the Metro Detroit area but usually make it out to Ann Arbor once a week

Taking a quick look at the MI E30 Map your just not in a good area. Detroit, Flint, Ann Arbor area is where the majority of the guys are.
                          '87 5-speed 325is

Are you in Michigan?

Comment

Originally posted by kesslerbmw View Post
                            I saw this car today in a driveway next door to a house I did a bid on, I've got to see if this guy is a true BMW guy and by looking at it, I figured he was, Smiley's suspension etc.. Considering the lack of modified BMW's I've seen since I've been here, I was a little happy inside to see this gem.

Looking forward to meeting some peeps up here, and I'm really looking forward to hitting up Grattan this spring with the 540i6 and maybe even the mini countryman in the garage.

Hey! that's my house (and e30 #4 of 5 for me)!!!

Add me to the map please...

I have an '89 is, '88 ix, '91 ic, '91 i (for my daughter), and the '88 is you see in this pic.

Gregg, the e30 pimp :pimp:
                            current fleet: '89 325is; '91 325ic; '88 325is; '91 325i

Comment

Originally posted by scforeigncar View Post
                              I live in GR. We should meet in lansing?

where in GR? I have an e30 meet at my house every day!
                              current fleet: '89 325is; '91 325ic; '88 325is; '91 325i

Comment

Originally posted by mybimr View Post
                                Hey! that's my house (and e30 #4 of 5 for me)!!!

Add me to the map please...

I have an '89 is, '88 ix, '91 ic, '91 i (for my daughter), and the '88 is you see in this pic.

Gregg, the e30 pimp :pimp:
                                I'll be doing some work on your neighbors house Tuesday... I hope you leave at least one out for my viewing pleasure. :up:

//92-525i5//95-540i6//

Comment

Working...
                                X