Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
    I have to agree.

If they made a provision for a basic inspection (lights, wipers, giant gaping rust holes, ect) and no other changes, I would fully support it. I loved the inspections when I lived in WV.
    Agree with this totally. But they need to be logical "safety" items. As I said before, apparently the lack of muffler on my car can put others in serious danger...

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

Originally posted by FunfGan View Post
      Agree with this totally. But they need to be logical "safety" items. As I said before, apparently the lack of muffler on my car can put others in serious danger...
      Put their ears in serious danger:evil::D
      Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

Comment

Originally posted by VinniE30 View Post
        Put their ears in serious danger:evil::D
        People ran in fear of my 1.8L furry.

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

they run in fear when i drivehave my Mazda.
          AWD > RWD

Comment

Got my tags today before the new law oct 1st

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Pretty sure the revisions to the statute wouldn't change what is eligible for the tags, but rather how you may use it, which will apply to everyone, no matter when your plates were issued.

Comment

Yeah I got the email. They are talking about any historic tags, not just any sold after 10/1. This isnt like AR15s unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by DREWHALL View Post
                  This isnt like AR15s unfortunately.
                  That's right, as long as your AR is 25 years old or older, not substantially modified from stock, you can have it, but can only carry it to club meets, parades, exhibitions, or "occasionally." You cannot carry it on the way to or from work or school, or for commercial security gigs.

Makes total sense to me!

Comment

Sad thing is, that is basically it!

Comment

I'm confused. Why not just get regular tags? Insurance is not that much more for an e30. Historic tags are for show cars not daily drivers.
                      With this law you should only be required to pass emissions from the year it was made. If you drive an '89 you pass '89 emissions, not 2016 emissions.
                      Last edited by peterman; 10-20-2016, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Know your rights. I daily drive my e30 on historic tags. I have no fear of getting a ticket becuase i would never incriminate myself. The police have no right to ask where you are traveling. Dont answer questions. Trafic infractions are not criminal offences.

Comment

Historic is just another way of saying "Special Use Vehicle". If they did away with historic tags and instead called them "Special Use" tags this would not be an issue and no one would have them.
                          It is one thing to know your rights, but it is also another thing to know the law. In this case you know the law and you are advocating for breaking the law because you don't agree with it. Unfortunately you don't need self incrimination to be charged with an offense. If a cop sees a historic car at a work place every day, he can write a ticket. Would it ever happen? Probably not. If you lie to him/her, then that's another problem... I don't think any of us can claim to be retired. If you are charged with an offense, I feel that you should not be upset because you are knowingly/willingly breaking the law.
                          I lived in NJ with an e30 and had to get emissions inspection every 2 years. I never had it on historic tags. Did it suck? Sure. If you can't afford to pass inspection then you can't afford to modify your car.

Comment

Dude, no one cares about your soap box.
                            Last edited by Kershaw; 10-21-2016, 03:50 PM. Reason: Wording.
                            AWD > RWD

Comment

No soap box, just confused as to why some people feel they are exempt from the rules - I dont think they have really changed that much either. Get a crappy civic to drive daily. Put the e30 on historic tags and just drive it on the weekends. There are plenty of old crappy cars that will pass inspection. 1989 emissions are not too hard to pass. It seems like the system has been taken advantage of for quite a while and the gov't are finally calling people out on it. Accountability and responsibility are expected from everyone.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Enjoy your VA Troopers enforcing your special plate laws. We will do our thing here in MD.
                                ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Working...
                                X