This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
    i know exactly where an M30 is that you can get for $200. the Aurora upullandpay.com junkyard. its an E38 with what appears to be a MINT M30. but auto trans, not sure where you will find a trans.

edit: and also, whats this GRM r3v project? i am so out of the loop here....
    The GRM r3v project is the new idea that Ben and I had at I think 2am when this thread or the other one exploded. Instead of sell my car, build it for the Grassroots Motorsport $2011 challenge and set it up simultaneously as a NASA Time Trials and SCCA SM car.....but conforming to the $2011 budget of the GRM car.

With my car.

Any idea on the miles on that? And does the $200 include electronics and all/negotiable?

The other plan is the r3v Lemons car, with preferably an E30. Val and I have been kicking around the idea of doing a 944 Lemons car if the r3v one doesn't pan out.
    2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
    95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
    98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

i just want to build a wicked E28 with an M30B35 swap, long tube headers, straight pipes exiting before the rear wheels on either side, chip, lightweight flywheel, slammed coilover suspension, E39 style 32 staggered wheels, tucked bumpers, and some general delete mods to lighten the car.

Comment

That sounds BADASS! Lets do both, I am willing to volunteer my free time...

Wheelgap is like a vagina. The more fingers you get in, the worse it is.
        Originally posted by Chachi
        young chicks are not keepers. they are for fun.

Comment

Sean, do you wanna join in on the Tbelt party? We're trying to organize one since multiple people need one (mine's literally on it's last leg... Like, it's very unwise for me to drive the car right now till a belt is done...) :D

And, this was a 2am idea, and like most of me and David's converstaions / ideas at 2am, I thought it would die out and we'd move onto the next off the wall conversation / idea.... However, I think that with enough people willing to lend time and parts, this could be a legitimate approach to a small Colorado racing team.... Jus sayin

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
          Originally posted by DTM190
          "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

there is chump car, (just like le mons)

ChampCar is North America's home for real, affordable, competitive endurance road racing. We're talking endurance racing, 7 to 24-hours long! ChampCar is for people that have always wanted to go racing without all of the hassles, huge rulebook, or obscene expense. All that is required is a current drivers license, ChampCar club membership, some safety equipment, and a need to go wheel to wheel racing! ChampCar IS the simplest path to real road racing!

march 27th at pueblo motorsports park haha

enties due in like 2 days... anyone not want to sleep for the next few weeks? haha
            318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
            '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

March 27th is the first event of the rally cross circuit which is also at Miller Motorsports Park. It's also the first event of the summer auto-x series. Too many events on the same day in different places. lol
              89 325i (Sold)
              95 M3 (Track Car in Progress)
              2001 4runner (DD)

Comment

I'll be autocrossing over rally unfortunately. I wanna do both, or at least come check out rally.

"fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Originally posted by Bishop View Post
                  Sean, do you wanna join in on the Tbelt party? We're trying to organize one since multiple people need one (mine's literally on it's last leg... Like, it's very unwise for me to drive the car right now till a belt is done...) :D

And, this was a 2am idea, and like most of me and David's converstaions / ideas at 2am, I thought it would die out and we'd move onto the next off the wall conversation / idea.... However, I think that with enough people willing to lend time and parts, this could be a legitimate approach to a small Colorado racing team.... Jus sayin
                  I am pretty much in the same boat as you, but I am going to gamble and put it off until this spring/summer, cause I think I am going to pull the engine and trans to replace the transfer case and a bunch of seals. I would be willing to lend a hand and the few tools that own for a tbelt party though, just let me know.

Wheelgap is like a vagina. The more fingers you get in, the worse it is.
                  Originally posted by Chachi
                  young chicks are not keepers. they are for fun.

Comment

attention colorado:

I woke up today hungover as a hobo who had to drink his way out of a swimming pool of listerine.

I decided a king soopers burrito was in order, but of course it was too cold for car to start. So I plugged her and waited a couple minutes.

I come back outside (admiring my handiwork) when I notice a huge billowing cloud of smoke coming from my glove box. I had burned my registration to the ground!

(neglected to re-mount waffle-iron/ecu assembly)

Then I threw up a bunch of times. Like, there's stuff coming out of my body i did not know was in there.

Do not recommend

that is all
                    Originally posted by stoliver54
                    Aw, balls.
                    FS: assault gear....
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=159253

Comment

Umm....that's fantastic.
                      89 325i (Sold)
                      2001 4runner (DD)

Comment

aaaah you don't need a registration! the registration delete mod adds like 6 hp and increases your chances of being pulled over!

Comment

Originally posted by stoliver54 View Post
                          That sounds BADASS! Lets do both, I am willing to volunteer my free time...
                          R3V Lemons and GRM cars. So much win.
                          2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                          98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by clarkkey594 View Post
                            March 27th is the first event of the rally cross circuit which is also at Miller Motorsports Park. It's also the first event of the summer auto-x series. Too many events on the same day in different places. lol
                            Hey Clark, glad you made it over finally!

You won't find too many E30 guys interested in driving at a rallyx I think.....most of the cars here aren't really set up for ground clearance (E30 oil pan is stupid easy to shatter). Most would happily go watch though!

I'm prolly going to go to the autox myself.
                            2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Yea I threw the rally cross event for fun but there a few guys that run e30's on the rally america circuit. One was a 318 and the other is a 325. Hopefully I'll be at the auto cross as well depending on what I do for spring break.
                              89 325i (Sold)
                              2001 4runner (DD)

Comment

I'll come drive.... someone else's car.... Like David said, the pan is low. Ask me how I know....

Comment

Working...
                                X