Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I blew a slave into a 20k Mile 01 M Roady in the spring which resulted in a pulled tranny and shift pin service! It took me and another guy 5 full working days. One whole day was spend trying to get to a bolt on the top of the tranny. S54 in Z3 = no space!
    JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudbase View Post
      I blew a slave into a 20k Mile 01 M Roady in the spring which resulted in a pulled tranny and shift pin service! It took me and another guy 5 full working days. One whole day was spend trying to get to a bolt on the top of the tranny. S54 in Z3 = no space!
      That torx bolt is a total pain in the ass! we had the tranny in and out of the E30 3 times in a week, and that top bolt never got easier!
      My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

It took 3 feet worth of the angled joint extensions and serious motor mount tweeking to get to it. I was back under the rear axle to get a sight line on it. Hopefully the next one will go smoother, a buddy want's me to do the shift pins on his M Roady...
        JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

I just saw a 1960s jaguar e-type today being driven by an old woman. The car was perfect and sounded awesome. Ahh to be a rich old person...

Looking for a clean e30 shell for a project.

Comment

OHHH yeah so happy my car didn't granade on my way to breckenridge yesterday... worked like a champ!!! m20 ftw..
            sigpic
            HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
            " enjoy the show "

Comment

Originally posted by TimR View Post
              I found that when needing the 3 ft extention, the longer the ext. pieces the better, 3-4 pieces max, the shops ive been in they have a 1 piece 3 footer for that bolt. The upper starter bolt on the ETA with the big starter is a @#$%^&* got a swivel with the socket built-in one end and the snap-on 30 degree fixed swivel to get the pressure on the bolt. We forget the pros got the majic tools.
              Agreed. I think I had 3 extensions. The angle provided by the joints was just enough to fit over the gear box without raising the motor so much that it hit the radiator. It was a bloody pain in the ass. I bet it would have been 100 times worse if the car wasn't young mileage wise.
              JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

I get out of work today at noon! Everyone is scared of the icy roads!

I fully plan on driving sideways in a parking lot or two.

That is all.

Comment

heh heh... much sideways driving was done on the way to work today...

Comment

This weather makes me want an iX. four wheel drifting is so much fun.

Comment

Originally posted by monkeytaco View Post
                      This weather makes me want an iX. four wheel drifting is so much fun.
                      Why do you think i have a subaru?
                      2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                      95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                      98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

That's what my jeep is for. I have a lever that selects RWD drifting or 4WD drifting :)

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                          Why do you think i have a subaru with dead diffs?
                          Because you need the extra grip due to being a boulder hippie.
                          89 325i (Sold)
                          95 M3 (Track Car in Progress)
                          2001 4runner (DD)

Comment

Originally posted by clarkkey594 View Post
                            Because you need the extra grip due to being a boulder hippie.
                            Nahhh mann....nahhh

wut?
                            2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                            95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

My work is closed tomorrow. I may need to go for a drive in the snow.

Comment

Where do you work?

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
                                Originally posted by DTM190
                                "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Working...
                                X